• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Develops A “Death Note” Sequel

bitbydeath

I enjoyed the first one, that said I never followed the source material either so that may be why.

Netflix is reportedly at work developing a sequel to the Adam Wingard-directed “Death Note” film adaptation which was released last year.

The film wasn’t a hit with fans or critics, but the streaming service says the first was a “sizeable success”. No director has signed on to the project as yet, but writer Greg Russo will reportedly pen the script for the sequel.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/netflix-develops-a-death-note-sequel/

Helios

While I haven't seen it I'm sure it was a "sizeable success" by name alone. I'm not sure that this will happen again if the first one wasn't that good.

Weiji

Banned
I’m starting to wonder if one of those TV executives they hired is secretly there to undermine them.

Ka-Kui

I found the first so bad I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes. I am actually shocked they're making another.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Why not make a season 3 or a reboot instead? Netflix has been pretty generous in getting anime on their service.

I mean...it pretty much ended with the final episode of Season 2 but I could see them going through the whole song-and-dance again with a new protagonist.

PrCat88

Not surprising even with the reviews of the first film. Bright had a negative hit and it's getting a sequel as well. Subscribers are who matter to netflix.

Top Bottom