• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix give you £500million to create any TV series/film of your choice. What do you make?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
great choice! especially Count of Monte Cristo. I have never seen an adaptation that I like, outside of the anime (which has it's own issues, but at least it's one of the best one out there). would love to see one that can really live up to the book. and Monster is a great idea too. it won't require too much SFX and stuff and the budget can go to hiring really good actors and location (and into my pocket too).

and as someone mentioned, a proper Berserk anime. especially since Miura had just passed away, this would be the best send off for him. make the whole thing from start and don't skip anything, and that includes the Lost Children arc of course. and it shouldn't be too hard to surpass whatever the hell we got in 2016/19 at the very least.
The only reason I wouldn’t want a berserk adaptation is because the manga isn’t finished and I don’t want another GOT debacle.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Metroid-Prime-4-Switch.jpg

A Metroid Prime series(live action or animated). Episodes will be about as short as the episodes in Love, Death and Robots(8 to 12 minutes long each). With a single narrator, only talking for about 30-60 seconds at the beginning of each episode to set up the scenario Samus is currently in. No other dialogue.

To give an example:

BigBooper

I was wondering today why there hasn't been a big Mechwarrior or Battletech live action movie. They could easily make a popcorn scifi movie with it. That's what I'd try.

MastaKiiLA

4-hour sequel to Nude Nuns With Big Guns, but have Robert Rodriquez direct it. I would mandate that all the nude nuns in this version actually have big guns. There were some modest chests in the original, and the firearms weren't all that big either. It would basically be topless Desperado.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
4-hour sequel to Nude Nuns With Big Guns, but have Robert Rodriquez direct it. I would mandate that all the nude nuns in this version actually have big guns. There were some modest chests in the original, and the firearms weren't all that big either. It would basically be topless Desperado.

Wait? When you say guns I know you mean literal guns, but do you also mean dicks as well?

I'm just imagining topless nuns on a gun rampage with thier giant shlongs swinging in the wind.

MastaKiiLA

Wait? When you say guns I know you mean literal guns, but do you also mean dicks as well?

I'm just imagining topless nuns on a gun rampage with thier giant shlongs swinging in the wind.
Strictly chesticles and firearms. I suppose a spinoff could be Nude Monk with Big Junk. Kind of a take on Machine Gun Preacher.

Allforce

That comic "DMZ" where America is in Civil War and Manhattan is the only area not controlled by either side. Would make a great series and surprised they haven't done it yet.

Baradox

Neo Member
518WlL4gqHL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

An anthology series about making games. Every season (8 Episodes) would tell the story about one important game and how it got made. No documentary, real actors.

Season 1: Doom (and Wolfenstein 3D)
Season 2: Mario 64
Season 3: Metal Gear Solid
Season 4: Half Life 1
Season 15: Fortnite.....muahahaha just kidding ;)

p.s. or just call David Fincher and Aaron Sorking....together they could make a 3h movie about the making of Doom! The book is just awesome!

I am a film maker so this would be a dream came true.

I'd probably do a representation of the book "If this is a man", which iis a holocaust story, quite realistic and heavy about Levi.

I have 10 other ideas I could isntantly pitch.

poodaddy

Really dark, dystopic MegaMan X series with extremely high quality animation and great voice acting, no anime shit. Ends at the events of MegaMan X 5 like the games were supposed to, so no Axl, and then leads into a new season with the events of MegaMan Zero. I know not all things would transfer well from the games, like there being exactly 8 mavericks every time, or knowing that whenever you see an animal reploid that X is gonna end up having to murder them, (lol), but the subject matter for the games is actually quite interesting, and could make for a top notch show.

A proper DOOM movie with moments of horror and balls to the wall action. Start if off slow, then gradually get to the ripping and tearing about half-way, then keep building up the demons and armor.

Last edited:

McCheese

Gunnm / Battle Angel, or maybe Berserk adaptation.

The anime/movies for both fucking suck compared to how good the source material is.

Last edited:
I'd hire Hideo Kojima and just tell him to do whatever the fuck he wants as long as it's an original IP. It'd probably be disastrous but whatever I'd like to see it.

ShaikhCroft

I want to see some show based on Sir Henry Ryder Haggerd's book! Either based on She series or Allan Quartermain series!

PuffyCan

I would turn the Wrath of the Khans episodes from Dan carling podcast into a TV series. Don`t know how he did it but he hooked me on history podcasts... and I'm sure it would make for a great series. At the same time it would fix the fact that Marco polo was cancelled lol

TheGrat1

Swap out Netflix for Warner Bros. or Columbia or something because I want to do it on the big screen:

The first three films of a Claymore film saga, true to the manga and shot back to back to save time/money and 100% in 70mm IMAX. The hype from that alone could help me break even (superficial hype for 3D helped make a mediocre film like Avatar huge). Plus the cast is 95% women so feminists will do the promotion for me. And since they are hot women the bros will come to the theater for the TnA as much as the blood and guts! :messenger_beaming:

Berserk would be a great choice as well but who knows if it can ever be done properly now. :messenger_pensive:

I’d make the male version of handmaids tale. I really like the show but would want to see it from another perspective like if the ladies got in control. First it would be great, but then sour and get really bad.

luffie

Easy Peasy, I'd make a high budget 3 Kingdoms series, with handsome and pretty casts

The script/plot is already fucking fantastic, I don't have to edit a single word of it if I'm lazy. The popularity is proven, even among western viewers, and especially with the oh so coveted asian audience & chinese audience.

Money? Check
Woke Points? Check
Awards? Check

Your whatever lotr, fantasy series will never beat a high budget 3 Kingdoms series.

Mexen

A story about a different pair of father and son caught in a time loop. The son is aware but his father isn't. The son fails every time, eventually becoming his father, having a son and losing his mind before the son stumbles upon a way to reverse his father's condition by going back into time only to repeat the process. Generational time stuff.
I'm sorry that didn't make sense. Every episode has a sex scene. Where do I sign?

Boss Mog

Easy Peasy, I'd make a high budget 3 Kingdoms series, with handsome and pretty casts

The script/plot is already fucking fantastic, I don't have to edit a single word of it if I'm lazy. The popularity is proven, even among western viewers, and especially with the oh so coveted asian audience & chinese audience.

Money? Check
Woke Points? Check
Awards? Check

Your whatever lotr, fantasy series will never beat a high budget 3 Kingdoms series.
You won't get woke points for "handsome and pretty casts".

IDKFA

Money? Check
Woke Points? Check
Awards? Check

Why would it get "woke points"

Relativ9

I'd probably make a new Stargate show that continues the plot from the end of Universe by having a rescue crew board the ship and finding the old crew in stasis ( with whatever actors refused to resign having had their pods fail).

World building fiction, a cross between steam punk and cyberpunk in atmosphere. . Just always had a different universe in my head for a few decades that I've been putting on paper for the last few years and hiring an editor to help improve my writing and get it published. Covid + some life trauma really helped push me to move on it.
We are rooting for you concluding it and publishing it, man!

Drake

I like the idea of the Thrawn Trilogy, but I think I would re-make the prequels. Get competent writers and someone like Denis Villeneuve to direct.

IDKFA

How about a real life battle royal?

Due to laws against murder, the show would need to be set on a massive ship (old cruise ship would be cool) in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Anyone could apply and the prize for the winner would be 100 million dollars. However, not being the winner means they do actually die. To spice it up, only melee weapons would be allowed. No guns.

Is the world ready for a real life BR, or is this a step too far?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Fully adapt the manga of Wolfsmund.

Cracker cast only, no black people as it was hundreds of years ago. Relative unknown European's who speak with a Swiss or Italian accent, all shot on location in Switzerland if you're giving me a mega bag. Probably would take three seasons to adapt the full thing. Go hard on the practical effects and props.

Any few milli we have left I'd give to Jordan Peele and just tell him to crazy and see if give me a good movie out of it. He can do what he wants, all black cast, white people do evil shit etc. Just make it good like Get Out and not cringe like Us. Might try and ask him to do a slasher movie based around a black basketball team get stranded in the woods and have him do some Wrong Turn movie if he's out of ideas failing that.

Magik85

I take 499 million for myself and spend 1 million for movie that is cheap to make.
Some sh*t shot from regular camera perspective like Blair Whitch ir Paranormal Actovity xD

IDKFA

Cos there'll be no white actors.

Is that what classes as "woke" these days? FFS.

There was a film based on the 3 Kingdoms called Red Cliff directed by John Whoo. I remember watching it and thinking "I wish this was an epic TV series". I'd certainly love to see an epic TV series based on the 3 Kingdoms. Hint Hint Amazon/Netflix/Sky/Disney/HBO/Apple.

I would make a PC version of an old european classic, introducing a diverse cast, trans characters and modern day (non) issues into the script.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I promise the biggest tentpole film of all time. Portal in the sky, lots of explosions. I tell them it will satisfy their cravings.

I lie, take the money, and run.

I use the money to fund the largest pineapple pizza ever cooked. Anyone is welcome to a slice.
All is well that ends well.

Last edited:

luffie

Is that what classes as "woke" these days? FFS.

There was a film based on the 3 Kingdoms called Red Cliff directed by John Whoo. I remember watching it and thinking "I wish this was an epic TV series". I'd certainly love to see an epic TV series based on the 3 Kingdoms. Hint Hint Amazon/Netflix/Sky/Disney/HBO/Apple.
It's the bare minimum for wokeness, plus it's chinese, the journalist and execs wouldn't dare to criticize it for not having other colors.

Yeah, Red Cliff was only a small part of the whole saga. The existing tv series is rather old, and shot in medium budget, and it was already pretty amazing in terms of plot. The script is fucking foolproof.

if any of the corps execs have brains, they would have bought it, and it will definitely attract lots of subscribers from China.

Last edited:
Top Bottom