• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Never have to eat or drink again but don't have taste bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keihart

Well, i think that we rarely eat because of hunger and usually is just appetite, if i wont feel hunger but still feel appetite then, nope. If i won't feel any i might consider it.
But then again, food is not just for hunger and appetite, it also serves as comfort when stressed or depressed since it's an easy and fast way to feel a little good, not sure i would be willing to give up this crutch.

Sounds great. Eating's such a chore most of the time, and I usually only eat once a day as it is.

I'd miss water and alcohol, but losing them is worth not having to deal with food.

Creepy

Yeah I'd go for it, I hate spending money on food anyway..
I'm a greedy materialistic bastard so any enjoyment I get from the taste is offset by thinking "damn, I just ate 20 quid".

Permanently A

I would only do it if there was some kind of specific role I could fulfill. You know like the first manned mission to Mars, because I wouldn't need food to survive and I could colonize the joint.

Lurch666

I have a very poor sense of taste (and smell) so eating is something I do for hunger.
I can't really enjoy delicious food as it's pretty much the same as cheap food.
Not eating would not bother me since I generally have to read or watch TV when I'm eating because it's so boring so even If I had no taste buds at all I wouldn't miss eating.

Is your question about losing your tease buds/not eating or being that way from birth because if it's the latter you wouldn't know what you are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom