• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bayonetta info (Platinum Games - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

Mamesj

Banned
jett said:
In writing...it sounds completely retarded. They need to show videos of this thing NOW.

It's going to be completely retarded either way, but it sounds like a shitload of fun. hopefully its very fast paced.

turkey_69

Banned
This sounds like the game DMC2 should have been. Then Itsuno joins in with Kamiya to create the ultimate DMC3 game: deep gameplay + Kamiya's genius. Then Berserk author Kentaro Miura joins Kamiya and Itsuno to create the ultimate DMC4 game: epic storytelling + deep gameplay + Kamiya's genius.

But seriously, this sounds sextacular and all, but I wish he'd come back to DMC :( Maybe we'll get some sort of crossover one day?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
turkey_69 said:
This sounds like the game DMC2 should have been. Then Itsuno joins in with Kamiya to create the ultimate DMC3 game: deep gameplay + Kamiya's genius. Then Berserk author Kentaro Miura joins Kamiya and Itsuno to create the ultimate DMC4 game: epic storytelling + deep gameplay + Kamiya's genius.

But seriously, this sounds sextacular and all, but I wish he'd come back to DMC :( Maybe we'll get some sort of crossover one day?

These two will never go together no matter who is involved with Kamiya. Thankfully, they don't need to.

ksamedi

This is destined to be great. I fully trust in Kamya. I hope that they will try to innovate in the action genre as well and completely blow everyone away with this game.

Amir0x

Banned
Her hair is her suit and special attacks make her nude. Oh joy, more geek fanwank for perpetual virgins.

I mean I am pretty positive that the gameplay will most likely be rad but oh brother at some of this shit.

dude

dude
Amir0x said:
Her hair is her suit and special attacks make her nude. Oh joy, more geek fanwank for perpetual virgins.

I mean I am pretty positive that the gameplay will most likely be rad but oh brother at some of this shit.
I think you missed the point.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
this sounds like the most retarded game ever, and not in a good way. I hope some trailer can magically pique my interest.

Bayonetta's outfit isn't actually leather despite the stitching you see in the CG art - It's magical hair that covers her entire body, and it's used in her attacks.The most powerful ones render her almost completely nude.
bububut Itagaki, boobs, Rachel!

dude

dude
Amir0x said:
no i'm pretty sure i've bullseyed that shit
This game is about over the top, I mean, just look at all her weapons, she has 4 guns (two of which are used as high heels), a chain and sickle, her fucking hair, a katana with a beating heart on it and I expect even more will be shown, and this is without mentioning she has butterfly wings and is a witch. Making her cloth hair is pure genius, I don't know how you can think otherwise. This game is all about eye candy, it's needed for this kind of game.

Haunted

Amir0x said:

I've gotta say, I like this revision 2.0 jig you got going on.

Kreed

I figured this game would have a DMC vibe the moment I read Hideki Kamiya was involved. Also, Witch Time reminds me of Viewtiful Joe's slow down abilities. Either way I can't wait to get my hands on this game and Mad World. It's just a shame that my money is also going to be supporting Sega and more horrible Sonic titles, but supporting Clover/Platinum Games outweighs the negatives.

im pretty sure bayonette is doing full shifts in the itty bitty titty club. if she is wearing more than some of the DOAx2 swimsuits u have nothing to worry about. shes seems pretty thin and athletic looking not, Japaneses idol i have big breast and underage. im pretty up on this game, i think the hair as weapon will work as a really nice buffer between move sets to make the game roll smoothly unlike dmc series and more like ninja gaiden.

Amir0x

Banned
dude said:
This game is about over the top, I mean, just look at all her weapons, she has 4 guns (two of which are used as high heels), a chain and sickle, her fucking hair, a katana with a beating heart on it and I expect even more will be shown, and this is without mentioning she has butterfly wings and is a witch. Making her cloth hair is pure genius, I don't know how you can think otherwise. This game is all about eye candy, it's needed for this kind of game.

uh so exactly like i said, the game is more geek fanwank for the perpetual virgin set.

Was my categorization wrong or did you pretty much say the same thing I did only attempt to put it in a positive light rather than a negative?

The chick has HAIR for clothes and when she does special attacks, she gets mostly fucking nude. Now I know this is hard to understand for some people as they've likely never been approached by a member of the opposite sex before and so they've reduced themselves to fawning over polygons and hentai fanfics but that shit is not cute or attractive. It's pretty much just stupid.

This is why games are not taken too seriously among the broader public, because it's still stuck in *TEE HEE* pre-pubescent childhood chicanery. It's still like the industry's balls have JUST descended for the first time.

I'm not going to sit here arguing about the subject for ten pages and I like Kamiya and as I said I think he'll have the gameplay in place where it counts, but some of this shit is fucking embarrassingly immature.

Draft

Well, I'll just say this. I hope the story has satisfactory explanations for why she is fighting, why her guns are named so, and why her hair is magical.

It's very important to me that the story be epic and fulfilling.

ElyrionX

Like Amirox, I'm sure the game will play great but the some of the stuff described sounds pretty terrible unless they implement it tastefully.

tetsuoxb

ElyrionX said:
Like Amirox, I'm sure the game will play great but the some of the stuff described sounds pretty terrible unless they implement it tastefully.

If the E3 reactions from the press are anything to go by, there is very little to worry about.

All the media people I've heard commenting on the game say it's amazing and may be this generation's DMC. I really want some gameplay video. The girl is ugly though IMO.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Draft said:
Well, I'll just say this. I hope the story has satisfactory explanations for why she is fighting, why her guns are named so, and why her hair is magical.

:lol :lol
:lol

If this was anyone other than Kamiya I would have rolled my eyes, but, since his resume is pretty flawless, I'm doubt that he'll fuck up. Besides, he is on platinum games. If something were to go south I'm sure Mikami, the planner from RE4, and every other superstar dev over there would make sure things were right again.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
beelzebozo said:
wish he was chasing the viewtiful joe line of thinking rather than d.m.c.

bummer.
DMC is his only original IP that didn't fail, sales-wise. So I'm not surprised.

Amir0x

Banned
Error said:

Wait I thought Viewtiful Joe 1 did pretty good? Although definitely not "DMC good", certainly.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Amir0x said:
Wait I thought Viewtiful Joe 1 did pretty good? Although definitely not "DMC good", certainly.

I thought so too, hence Capcom whoring the shit out of it with everything under the sun.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
I like this game already :D It's just sounds way over the top and thats the way I like it. I'm officially more interested in Bayonetta than Mad World.

karasu

Amir0x said:
The chick has HAIR for clothes and when she does special attacks, she gets mostly fucking nude. Now I know this is hard to understand for some people as they've likely never been approached by a member of the opposite sex before and so they've reduced themselves to fawning over polygons and hentai fanfics but that shit is not cute or attractive. It's pretty much just stupid.

It's actually mythological, but you go on with your knee-jerk tirades about why games aren't 'taken seriously'. Regardless of the fact that a fucking action game would never be taken anymore 'seriously' than an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie in the first place. It doesn't matter if there's the slightest bit of sex appeal or not.

Naruto

That's some uninteresting info right there.
I mean, come on, tell me something interesting about the gameplay, not what comes out of her ass when she kicks an enemy =.=.

tetsuoxb said:
You really enjoy trolling Kamiya, don't you?

Yeah, except Okami, every game he directed was a success.

I'm really sure, he will deliver with this game, I'm not so sure it will be a new revolution in action games (all that info clearly dosn't give that impression) but it will be amazing.

TreIII

Error said:

Viewtiful Joe did fine, considering that it was released on the GC, was a part of the Capcom 5 and all that jazz. First game did like around 200-300,000 units, if I remember correctly. I wouldn't exactly call that "failing".

The series really didn't start "failing" until Capcom tried to "Mega Man" Viewtiful Joe (so many SEQUELS/spin offs in like 2 years!), and ported him all over the damn place. Capcom did more to put Joe in the slump he's in now, than anything/any one else.

Any way...this game looks sexy. All 3 of PlatGames' announced wares look great, and I can't wait to see more.

I'm only left to wonder whatever Mikami can be cooking up... :D

dude

dude
Amir0x said:
uh so exactly like i said, the game is more geek fanwank for the perpetual virgin set.

Was my categorization wrong or did you pretty much say the same thing I did only attempt to put it in a positive light rather than a negative?

This is why games are not taken too seriously among the broader public, because it's still stuck in *TEE HEE* pre-pubescent childhood chicanery. It's still like the industry's balls have JUST descended for the first time.

I'm not going to sit here arguing about the subject for ten pages and I like Kamiya and as I said I think he'll have the gameplay in place where it counts, but some of this shit is fucking embarrassingly immature.
I'm not going to write a lengthy post on why you're wrong. Video games are not being takes seriously because "it's still stuck in *TEE HEE* pre-pubescent childhood chicanery", but saying it to this game is like saying the Grindhouse movies were ridiculous. This game is the ultimate "pre-pubscent childhood chicanery", from presentation to gameplay, and for that it's awesome.

andymcc

Banned
Draft said:

i hope the game can unfold it's assuredly transcedental story by only using qte.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Best non-playable game of E3 according to many people I talked to. Snoopers and Pipomantis are raving about it in the next Gamersyde Diaries. Too bad there is no footage of the game yet, especially since what was on demo behind closed doors was said to look awesome already.

Blimblim said:
Best non-playable game of E3 according to many people I talked to. Snoopers and Pipomantis are raving about it in the next Gamersyde Diaries. Too bad there is no footage of the game yet, especially since what was on demo behind closed doors was said to look awesome already.
He also said that it was the most boring part of the game

Decado

Need to see a gameplay video or two before I can get excited. As good as he is as a director, I don't think I can bring myself to play another tame hack n' slash game like DMC4. Killing things just wasn't very interesting.

Endless said:
• The names of Bayonetta's guns are Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme.Together, they're known as Scarborough Fair.

This is amazing. If I wanted to write a scathing parody of the ludicrous aesthetic of Devil May Cry I could not possibly do a better job than this.

Blimblim said:
Well that boss fight sure sounded nice to me :)
Yeah, if thats just the boring part, then sign me up. I love the whole wacky nature of this game, it allows for moves and situations that otherwise would never have been seen. What other game would it even make sense to have a woman crush someone with her hair, then have it flow back around her body while she does some crazy 4-gun shooting run? That shit could really turn out nice if its done right.

deepbrown

Impressions of E3 Demo and "screenshots": http://www.ripten.com/2008/07/19/e3-08-preview-bayonetta-includes-sketches-from-memory-in-game-art/

bayonetta-setting.jpg

bayonetta-hairboot.jpg

:lol

Credit Chad Lakkis for the sketch.

Mamesj

Banned
Amir0x said:

Actually the broader public play plenty of games and buy them up, but none of them are demanding serious, mature games because they get the point-- this isn't the Brothers Karamazov or Citizen Kane. This is Bayonetta and you kill shit with hair.

In fact, this game won't even sell well to the broader public, but for other reasons (sorry to say gaf.) It would sell better if the same/similar mechanics were applied to a strong male lead who kills terrorists and if it had online multiplayer and all that other shit.

but don't worry, one day some valiant dev will come along and write an epic narrative (oooh, I said the word narrative) to go with a triple A action title and the world will come to know the power of the gaming medium (oooh, I said the word medium.)

Top Bottom