• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Beck = Fucking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshifumi

Banned
i think it's pretty good...it sounds a lot more like odelay than his last few albums, but not quite as good as odelay.

yoshifumi said:
i think it's pretty good...it sounds a lot more like odelay than his last few albums, but not quite as good as odelay.
Yeah I'd say it's just about on par with Odelay which is why I probably like it so much. :)

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
I'm a huge Beck fan, have been for almost 10 years now and I can thankfully say that Guero is a worthy addition to his discography. I've listened to the album 3-4 times now and my early impression is that the album is very good but probably my least favorite of his major label albums. My early favorite song is Girl, but that's because i'm a sucker for catchy pop songs with background vocals. Here is my order of best to worst (even though all his albums are great) Beck albums.

1. Mutations
2. Odelay
3. Sea Change
4. Midnite Vultures
5. Mellow Gold
?. Guero

Teddman

Sounds like Odelay because of the Dust Bros. being back on the production side. Why don't these guys do more work, they're awesome...

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
swoon said:
way way way way overboard. who really want beck to go back to this sound?

I did. I was disappointed when he went away from it, to be honest. I don't have a problem with artists growing and changing their style, but I preferred Beck's earlier sound, and so I also don't have a problem with him returning to it.

Silkworm

I like folky Beck and I like funky fusion Beck. Of course I have yet to purchase a folky Beck that I didn't like whereas Midinite Vultures did not float my boat. But his ability to switch back and forth keeps both types fresh IMHO. Go Guero! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom