• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Biohazard (Resident Evil) Umbrella Chronicle Famitsu scans

I am very impressed with the amount of zombies in the Outbreak stages. Speaking of which so who will be in the Outbreak levels, will it be Jill? That pretty much confirms that the previous shots of the city were Outbreak areas as I previously thought.

Co-op finally confirmed, very nice. Wesker is looking more badass than ever :D . Bring it on, game looks great.

ezekial45

Banned
The Targeting reticle doesn't look so plain anymore. Since a pic of Raccoon City was released, will we finally get a pic of Leon and Claire soon?

"Which of the pictures are from Outbreak? I don't see it."
868678.jpg
0758.jpg

98908.jpg
876899.jpg

sphinx

the piano man
JDSN said:
He has been infected since the first game.

just yesterday I finished Resident evil on my DS and I never saw any event indicating that wesker took the virus or that he was infected.

I only understood that he was a double agent, working for Umbrella on one side, and as member of s.t.a.r.s. on the other but at the end not caring for any of both.

could you please tell me more about wesker's background if you know anything? about how he got infected or so? I think he is the most intriguing character in the RE series.

fernoca

Those pics show that the stages were redone on the Wii..
Both look more confined on the Wii, with some textures ..heck even the trash can is in a completely different place in the Wii and much closer to the door.

fernoca

sphinx said:
just yesterday I finished Resident evil on my DS and I never saw any event indicating that wesker took the virus or that he was infected.

I only understood that he was a double agent, working for Umbrella on one side, and as member of s.t.a.r.s. on the other but at the end not caring for any of both.

could you please tell me more about wesker's background if you know anything? about how he got infected or so? I think he is the most intriguing character in the RE series.
Read below his reply.. :D ..he got the red eyes along with new powers in Code Veronica...
Too spoilerific to derail this thread anyway..though is barely explained in the game per se..
You could sent a PM to cvx, he can explain it better..or go to GameFAQs and read the story of Code Veronica...
I haven't played that game in quite some time..

Larsen B

sphinx said:

You need Code Veronica X.

And then check out Wesker's Reports.

cvxfreak

To Capcom's credit, the Outbreak stages do look a lot better in Umbrella Chronicles now.

But still... I wouldn't mind if Capcom reused the Outbreak stages that were actually featured in RE2/RE3, like the lab area and RPD. It's going to be odd unless the Outbreak games are featured as well.

sphinx

the piano man
Larsen B said:
You need Code Veronica X.

And then check out Wesker's Reports.

:D yes, I haven't touched code:veronica.

I bought it, lent it to a friend, and I was witness of how he got screwed around 70% of the game's completion because he ran out of ammo. Since then I have told myself I will play it whenever I feel mentally strong and in the mood to die multiple times avoiding everything and starting all over.

I haven't been in that mood ever so I think I will have to be a man and confront that game.

It sits there in my GC games shelf.. misteriously... awaiting its next prey.

JDSN

Banned
sphinx said:

This is a good place to start.

I couldnt find the first one.

Zenith

Banned
sphinx said:

play CVX. watch Wesker's Report 1. read Wesker's Report 2.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
This looks so awesome. The sight of two cursors on the screen, brings tears to my eyes. ;_; Wesker looks badass as usual too!

The outbreak stages in the game look okay too. I really had hoped for a CV stage though. "/

xfactor

Banned
sphinx said:

The story element of Wesker taking the virus were only added in in the later episodes of the games. It is also shown and hinted in the GC remake version of Resident Evil. The DS version is a faithful port of the PS1 version, so the new story element doesn't exist.

Saoh

sphinx said:
:D yes, I haven't touched code:veronica.

I bought it, lent it to a friend, and I was witness of how he got screwed around 70% of the game's completion because he ran out of ammo.

yeah, that tends to happen. it's an unwritten rule that EVERYONE who plays RE:CV has to re-start playing by the end of disc 1 (or around middle of the game). i had to, and was so pissed off i put the game down for a while. then RE:UC got me hyped and picked it up again and finished it :D best decision ever.

Zenith

Banned
Saoh said:
it's an unwritten rule that EVERYONE who plays RE:CV has to re-start playing by the end of disc 1 (or around middle of the game).

lol. I sure as hell didn't. there was a sticky bit where I was almost out of handgun ammo at the start of Alfred's mansion, then I remembered I had the dual Calicos at 100% in the item chest so it turned out to be a cakewalk.

Saoh

Zenith said:
lol. I sure as hell didn't. there was a sticky bit where I was almost out of handgun ammo at the start of Alfred's mansion, then I remembered I had the dual Calicos at 100% in the item chest so it turned out to be a cakewalk.

o rly? then how did you beat
the Tyrant on the airplane, huh?? unless someone told you before hand that you had to fight him in a tiny little space, there's no way to know that you have to keep all your granades and arrows just for that battle.

you cheated!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Saoh said:
o rly? then how did you beat
the Tyrant on the airplane, huh?? unless someone told you before hand that you had to fight him in a tiny little space, there's no way to know that you have to keep all your granades and arrows just for that battle.

you cheated!
Being myself an item collecting whore, I had no problems with that part.
Actually, it was the ONLY part in my whole gaming career where being careful with ammo and grenades because "I might need them later on" actually helped me somehow...

USD

Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember struggling with ammo too bad in CV. I surely didn't have to restart.

Top Bottom