• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New code discovered for... Wave Race gamecube?

i need an unlock everything code for f-zero gx. i don't play it enough to master it, but it sure would be nice to be able to race on courses with friends without having to sell my soul to satan to unlock

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, might as well post something I found in THPS3 years ago. Its most likely a glitch, but it may be an Easter Egg. Now, this is off memory, so I may get some things wrong. I got this to work repeatly in the Gamecube version

First, you need to have cheat codes active, enable all the ones that have to do with performance, like perfect grind and such. Go into 2 player, and pick 2 characters with maxed out stats, goto what I think was the last stage (I want to say it was Tokyo? It was a night stage and had a decent amount of Neon). To the right side of the stage, there are 2 or 3 small cirular things you can grind, have one of the players gain a good speed and start grinding on it. Soon, your character will start gravitating out grinding in bigger and bigger circles, passing though all objects (except the other player, so try to keep him out of the way), until you are outside of the bounderies to the normal stage. You will soon realize though that there is something beyound the area you can normally get to, outside of the stage. Keep going in circles at your super fast rate till you are passing though it. Time it right, jump off, and you will be skating in an area that I do no think there is any other way to access. Most likely it was a test area of sorts, but it is a cool little area with some nice ramps.

Now I shale wait till someone points out there is a normal way to get to this area.

Also, posting on GAF with a computer that doesn't have a mouse is annoying. Welp, break is over, BACK TO CLASS!

batbeg

Jezan said:
So what are you doing in this thread?

I've never even played it and was intrigued by the title dude.

Though I did almost pick it up once at £5 but passed it up for an equally priced Eternal Darkness.

That's ridiculous. :lol I wish i still had the game right now. I also wish Nintendo would get off their asses and develop a new one.

DonMigs85

Argh dammit I sold my copy a few months ago... Wanted to try this too
Any Youtube vids with all the commentary?

Jazzem

Haha, just gave it a go:

"You must have a sixth sense because there's no sign of the other five" :lol

"Luck is a poor substitute for talent" :lol

This is hilarious. And also a nice way to revisit an old favourite. I don't like it as much as the N64 game but I remember being incredibly hyped for this (and the Gamecube as a whole).

Azure J

Varjet said:
"Your wins are like diamonds: very rare."

RocketDarkness said:
You don't have an inferiority complex. You're just inferior.

Jazzem said:
"You must have a sixth sense because there's no sign of the other five" :lol

JADS said:
You are as entertaining as one wrestler.

That was...

2969sg.gif

COOOOLD BLOOOOODEDDD! :lol :lol :lol

xclaw

At least it doesn't cost 2.99$ and consume 100kb of bandwidth.

Curse this gen, I want codes back in my games.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm guessing that the developers agreed that if no one found this code 10 years later, they would release it anonymously...

... then someone got drunk at year 9 and did it between shots of Jameson.

JRW

Wow that is pretty funny.

I always thought N64 version was better tho despite this having better graphics.

Oh wow, that's just amazing that it was only discovered now :D

"Meow Meow" "ooOOOOHHHH A TUUURRRBOO" :lol

Great game, even if it isn't quite as good as the N64 original.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ahaha, that is awesome..

imagine this kind of cheat in a game like dead space or streat fighter, you coudl have a die going "you should give up now you will die" and SF he could just insult your moves and combos

Top Bottom