• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New content included in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS), DO A BARREL ROLL!!!

GRW810

No one here thinking the brand new content can be those Virtual Boy-like levels? No one at all?

virtual-boy-donkey-kong-country-returns-small.jpg

virtual-boy-donkey-kong-country-returns-cart-screenshot-small.jpg
I have never seen or heard of this. Wow.

No one here thinking the brand new content can be those Virtual Boy-like levels? No one at all?

That's exactly what I said I hoped the 'new content' would be a few posts ago!

There was also a cake-themed level and a giant angry lava banana which looked pretty groovy. Most DKCR concept-art was tits.

I'd convinced myself that they'd be no new content and now my surprise is maximized at this turn of events, in a perfect world it'll be all those unused golden temple ideas but I still consider that pretty unlikely.

Well whatever it is it's another reason for me to not feel so ashamed of double dipping.
Oh hey they added an item that allows the rocket barrel and mine carts to take a second hit, no more excuses now, removed waggle and then some, this is gearing up to be the definitive DKCR.

mclem

Dear Nintendo,

I have no friends. Please stop limiting multiplayer modes to local play. The internet is a thing.

-Mudkips

The game is *very* twitch, I think it'd be extremely difficult for them to get latency to an acceptable point. Not impossible, perhaps, but expensive.

Yeah, that timed bouncing off enemies thing was a terrible idea, especially since they double stacked the button with Diddy's barrel jet input. I can't fathom why they changed it from the Rare DKC games where you just held it down.

Still, control issues and all I still personally thought DKCR > NSMBW.
I agree.

It feels like a completely useless port, and resources are devoted to it.

Out of all the Wii games... I like DKCR but this is just so unexciting to me.

The original developers are not working on this (and a port is hardly going to hug all the resources) and it will actually sell pretty decently, so I highly doubt it is a useless port for Nintendo and the 3DS target audience.

Surprised there's so much negativity itt. This looks like a solid port and we'll finally get to play it without motion controls. Another great 3DS platformer? Yes please!

I have played the wii version almost twice (without finishing) so it is going to be hard to get the 3DS version at once. The game is golden but not as fun on a second play through like DKC2 was. The wii mote less controls will make a big difference though since it was very easy to screw up when trying to roll in a rhythm on those difficult levels,

Neo Child

Banned
If we ever see a sequel on the Wii U I hope it looks more akin to the concept artwork in motion. The artwork is so beautiful

Nibel

honestly, the worst part of the game probably won't be fixed, which is the weird double-jump timing thing. that had nothing to do with motion controls, so i doubt monster will touch it.

i genuinely enjoy the games i've played from them, though.

Uhm I agree with Ani on this one

DKCR was a good game, but had some flaws - this will end up as the definite version I guess

BJWanlund

Why's everyone complaining about this game? I am not all that good at the platformers so an Easy Mode in DKCR 3D is a godsend.

And I like what I'm seeing thus far. And for those complaning about the way the game looks: It looks fine to me on my new 3DS XL *and* in motion. I haven't gotten to the 3D part yet but I so rarely use the 3D that it looks fine.

Tom_Cody

What is the origin of these images? I'm always in favor of Virtual Boy retro love. I <3 my Virtual Boy red 3DS.

I still don't understand why they haven't brought the top Virtual Boy games to the virtual console.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see them remove the stupid "blowing on background objects to find puzzle pieces" mechanic. It felt so out of place and kind of ruined the flow of the game.

Top Bottom