• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Contra: Operation Galuga gameplay trailer

00_Zer0

This new trailer looks better than the first trailer that was released a few months ago. It shows the different characters you can play as. This is headed up by some of the same people that did Contra 4. Does this trailer change anyone else's mind that was on the fence about this? I have it on my Steam wishlist, and can't wait to try it out.

Here is a link to an interview with Wayforward about this upcoming game. In the interview it goes on to state that this a 4 player co-op game and reveals that there will be an ultra hard mode, but the last stages and ending aren't locked behind hard mode unlike Contra 4.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

At first glance this is the best looking Contra game in years, here's to hoping it's good through and through!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It looks drab and bland like Flashback 2, you need freshness when making classic genres, why not some charming, attractive new setting a la Dolphin Blue instead of a sterile 3D rendition of environments and situations seen in better form in previous games? Was imagination exhausted by the 00s?

This was criticized back in the day for being a tad generic (it was a $10 downloadable only game on freaking WiiWare like other "ReBirth" titles) and it still looks miles better. WF shouldn't give up on 2D charm if they can't invest in better 3D, if that's the issue. Controls seem decent at least, I guess.

Last edited:

Elbereth

car sliding GIF

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Oh hell no. Play Contra or Super C and IMMEDIATELY the game pulls you in with its music, style, atmosphere, and gameplay.
This looks like a freaking mobile game, with lame ass music, terrible voice acting, and awful art style. The hardest of hard passes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
They made Contra 4 and that was good and better than any other Contra I've played since Contra 3. I think it looks ok too.
I'd legit argue that Contra 4 is better that 3. I thought it had more vibrant, varied levels, the added crazy vertically thanks to the DS upped the ante and it's soundtrack is definitely superior. Now Hard Corps and Shattered Soldier definitely give 4 a very hard fight.

ssringo

Looks meh. Didn't even realize there was music until the end. The character dialogue just makes me think it'll be a constant annoyance during gameplay. Also WayForward is on my shitlist.

Xellos

Looks good to me. I hope they include some top down/behind the back sections like the old games.

Way Forward usually does a good job with these 2D action games, so I have confidence in this one.

Top Bottom