• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DOAX2 images

Orodreth

It looks very good, specially the hair which seems to be improved a lot (kasumi shot).

The hands and feet (lisa shot) also seem better modelled, although i doubt they improved from previous shots (must be my own impression).

vspectra06 said:
1160308019_3cdbcopy.jpg
1160308019_438bcopy.jpg

T*ties everywhere, even in the trees :D

Zaptruder said:
They really should just drop the pretense and market this in Japan as Dead or Alive: Sexy Beach!

Yet you'd still buy it! Someone needs to make a zip of those pics btw... for archive purposes. :3

Dina

1157558183_5d3a.jpg

This looks more like a nasty skindisease then anything else. Nothing wrong with a few tanlines, but you can go overboard.

Nay @ sailormoon transformations btw :(

psy18

Dina said:
1157558183_5d3a.jpg

This looks more like a nasty skindisease then anything else. Nothing wrong with a few tanlines, but you can go overboard.

Nay @ sailormoon transformations btw :(

WTF? Hideous!:lol

Last Hope

This game better have the ability to upload your pictures like what PGR has.

And hopefully spectator mode is still in the game.

Apparently your DOF is either 100% blurry or 100% in focus. Camera lenses do not work like that.

Last Hope said:
This game better have the ability to upload your pictures like what PGR has.

And hopefully spectator mode is still in the game.

Apparently your DOF is either 100% blurry or 100% in focus. Camera lenses do not work like that.

I'm pretty sure you can adjust the level of DOF like in the DOA4 camera.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
WordAssassin said:
WTF are those red squares? I've taken two camera classes and I've never encountered those before.
I think they show what the autofocus is using as a reference point.

Drakken

Aw, man. For a second there as I scrolled down, I thought the girl in the second picture had a freckle, but it was just a speck on my screen. I'm someone who thinks it would be nice to have a bit more realism like that, rather than "perfect" bodies.

Ferrio

Banned
I find it funny the new Sexy Beach game has tanlines before DOAX2 did.

COme on guys you can't even outdo a hentai game!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ferrio said:
I find it funny the new Sexy Beach game has tanlines before DOAX2 did.

COme on guys you can't even outdo a hentai game!
DOAX looks "a tad" better than Sexy Beach, thankfully.

Fredrik

Okay so the design may not be to everyones liking, we all know that. But everyone should take a good look at the character models, I just noticed that they hardly show any polygonal edges at all. That's quite impressive imo. Does anyone know how many polygons the character models consists of?

There is one thing that really annoys me though. The hair. It's like it has no weight at all and basically just fly around like strands of paper when the girls run around.

So...uhhh...does anyone know if the volleyball game is better than last time around? I mean, Outlaw Volleyball smoked it. Super Spike V'Ball smoked it. Kings of the Beach smoked it. I'd be pretty surprised if the volleyball got better, but I'm hoping since I do like video game volleyball.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
Can all us boys that like this game admit this fact: Even though the game arouses us in a masculine way, the fact that we're playing dress-up with dolls makes us complete homos?

I'm actually hetero, but playing DOAX always made me feel like I was doing something wrong not because of the pr0n factor, but because it's completely and utterly girly.

MightyHedgehog said:
So...uhhh...does anyone know if the volleyball game is better than last time around? I mean, Outlaw Volleyball smoked it. Super Spike V'Ball smoked it. Kings of the Beach smoked it. I'd be pretty surprised if the volleyball got better, but I'm hoping since I do like video game volleyball.
Do you like rock paper scissors?
Fallofmart said:
:'(

Hold me.
ccb79010.jpg

Blimblim

The Inside Track
MightyHedgehog said:
I heard the Volleyball was actually quite a bit better than before.

duckroll

With what we now know, it's time to look back on what Itagaki said about DoAX2 in his E3 interview with IGN. This man totally doesn't lie. :D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/707/707859p1.html

IGN: Is there any kind of expansion to the camera mode?

Itagaki:
I'm pretty hardcore when it comes to the camera. I haven't been satisfied or happy with any cameras done by anyone else, so this is the result of my pickiness.

IGN: Will the camera mode change or improve over the camera mode from DOA4?

Itagaki:
It will surpass the camera mode from DOA4.

No kidding! :lol

IGN: Will you be able top share pictures online with other players?

Itagaki:
Not too excited about that idea, because it's such a common idea that anyone can come up with. There needs to be more and different ideas while communicating with different players on Xbox Live. So when you think about it, if half a million people try to each post a single picture each, do you want to be looking at that? (Laughter.) So for various reasons, I don't think we'll be doing that. The next step might be a browser or something. Well, the fact that a half million people are still likely to post a half million photos doesn't change.

Gaffers am cry! :(

IGN: Will the Venus bathing suit make a return?

Itagaki:
Yes. If you think the Venus bathing suit was good, there is no comparison to what we're about to show you.

:D

And finally...

IGN: Is there by chance a trampoline game in DOAX2? We think that would be an excellent addition to the mini-games.

Itagaki:
So we have to pick from a long list of minigame ideas and I'm pretty sure trampoline minigames were part of the initial list, but we didn't pick it. That's because of the kind of game that DOAX2 is; we have to be really careful not to make it seem vulgar. Certain activities show the women in a negative light.

So it's not so much about bouncing per say. The key to the game is love. When they love the character, how do they feel when they see the character do whatever she's doing? We don't want to make them feel bad.

(Laughter.)

[And later...]

IGN: It seems like that game is ripe for a wet t-shirt contest.

Itagaki:
Well, it becomes the issue of love again.

IGN: So that's too far?

Itagaki:
You don't want your girlfriend being seen in a wet T-shirt contest, right?

Pervert IGN interviewer pwned! :lol

duckroll

SiegfriedFM said:
So now they're not his daughters, they're his girlfriends.

Or maybe both, I wouldn't put it past Itagaki...

They're his daughters, they're OUR girlfriends. Get that right! He's the best potential father-in-law in the world! Wooo! :D

coldvein

Banned
This game needs better tiddie physics.
I'm serious. When Helena lays down like that they should be flopping all up in her face. It'd be great!!!!!

Manp

duckroll said:
Which is why there isn't photo sharing! It's just you and her! It's a personal thing! :D

i guess this makes perfect sense in Itagaki crazy mind

well i mean a wet tshirt contest or a trampoline mini game are big no-no because they put women in a negative light but a pearls bikini that cover maybe 2 square centimeters of skin it's ok

guess i'm a bit closed minded :lol

Top Bottom