• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Age 2 Gameplay Video, Anders Revealed, DX11 Features [Update2: Quick Look]

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Thnikkaman said:
Subscribed by the way :)
Lol thanks. i must warn you that i havent done any recording in over a year though so dont hold your breath lol.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Sorry if this is obvious but what is kiting? This conversation is bringing back memories of my encounter with the first Ogre and I want to know if I did it or not.
Kiting is getting the monsters attention and then running around with it chasing you. While its chasing one character everyone else shoots at it.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Die Squirrel Die said:
Sorry if this is obvious but what is kiting? This conversation is bringing back memories of my encounter with the first Ogre and I want to know if I did it or not.
Kiting is when you keep an enemy mob's focus on one character as the entire party does damage at range. The kiting character runs around and around trying to avoid damage.

Ah I see, I didn't know there was a term for it. Thinking on it, yes I probably did do it, a little bit, in desperation.

Edit: watching the end of that vid, I'm going to miss Alistair.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Patryn said:
Given what's been said, expect kiting to be a MAJOR strategy in DA2.
Why would you think that? Kiting is only used for enemies that are super tough, not guys that go down in two swings.

Patryn said:
Given what's been said, expect kiting to be a MAJOR strategy in DA2.

Some of the first leaked footage already showed someone doing it as Bethany against some Hurlocks and an Ogre during one of the early sections.

Anduron

water_wendi said:
Why would you think that? Kiting is only used for enemies that are super tough, not guys that go down in two swings.

The combat definitely looks too easy, but if the harder difficulties play more like active mode FF12 then I'm all for it.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
All right, to the fade with it. Going to start a Nightmare run tomorrow and maybe stream it... Probably will start as a mage and go Prologue > Lothering > Stone Prisoner > Nature of the Beast > Paragon > Circle > Redcliffe > Urn because I'm a real rebel. Who knows, it might push me over the edge to buy 2.

Francinium said:
The combat definitely looks too easy, but if the harder difficulties play more like active mode FF12 then I'm all for it.

Well there'd be a bunch of differences still, other than the active menu.

Thnikkaman said:
All right, to the fade with it. Going to start a Nightmare run tomorrow and maybe stream it... Probably will start as a mage and go Prologue > Lothering > Stone Prisoner > Nature of the Beast > Paragon > Circle > Redcliffe > Urn because I'm a real rebel. Who knows, it might push me over the edge to buy 2.
Don't forget to through Return to Ostagar & The Keep DLCs, if you have them, into your schedule between Lothering & Stone Prisoner.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Reluctant-Hero said:
Don't forget to through Return to Ostagar & The Keep DLCs, if you have them, into your schedule between Lothering & Stone Prisoner.
Good point. I like to save Ostagar for when dragonbone gear starts dropping, so Alistair's gold set is the best it can be.

Now I think about it, do companions in DA2 even use different armours? I read it's an ME2 style thing where they only have alternate outfits.

Patryn

Thnikkaman said:
Good point. I like to save Ostagar for when dragonbone gear starts dropping, so Alistair's gold set is the best it can be.

Now I think about it, do companions in DA2 even use different armours? I read it's an ME2 style thing where they only have alternate outfits.

Apparently there are a limited amount of armor pieces unique to each companion that do change their appearances complemented with a large amount of rune slots to allow for customization.

Thnikkaman said:

So you generally save Ostagar until the Landsmeet, right? I think I may do the same for the complete DA:O playthrough that I'm about to start.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Yeah, I usually try to do it so that Sten and Oghren have the Blood Dragon/Legion of the Dead sets and Alistair has the royal ensemble. Then I don't have to worry about anyone else's gear.

Top Bottom