• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores and Rumors.

Borys

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
I bet on it being a load of bullshit. New Microsoft console isn't going before 2011, you can count on that.

Launching early did wonders to Xbox 360 even though everyone from the gaming press and every goddamn Xbox troll on the planet told you otherwise ("lawlz! PS3 steamroller on the horizon!")

Personally, I would not bet against Microsoft launching Xbox III in 2009-2010.

Kyoufu

ksamedi said:
Now thats interesting, Heres hoping for some Square PSN remakes like Vagrant Story or Chrono Trigger, maybe even Actraiser.

Will never happen. They'd rather put them on handhelds.

Einhander on PSN would be amazing though!

Borys said:
Launching early did wonders to Xbox 360 even though everyone from the gaming press and every goddamn Xbox troll on the planet told you otherwise ("lawlz! PS3 steamroll on the horizon!")

Why would you release a new console when your current one is performing really well?

xabre

Banned
Doc Evils said:
If MS is pulling a 5 year stunt, doesnt that mean a new console in 2009?

What awesome games for the 360 were released in 2004? I forget, can you tell me pls?

Their next console is 2011. Mark it.

GhaleonEB

Unannounced Microsoft first party sequel in the works for Microsoft's next console
I don't doubt they have things in the early planning stages for the next system - everyone probably does. I rather doubt they have anything more than that happening, though. For a lot of reasons.

If MS have teams working on a title for their next machine, it means they are probably in pre-production phase, which could last a year or more. Then, seeing as it's probably a large IP, I'd expect 2-3 years development time putting you at 2011-2012 which is when I would expect to see a new console launch.

The Lamonster said:
and about "Microsoft's next console..."

That's bullshit, it's too early! I want the 360 to have a long and healthy lifespan.

It's not like they're releasing it next year, or the year after that even. Development on large titles usually takes 3 or 4 years. Probably won't see MS's next console 'til 2010 at the earliest.

Xater

Borys said:

Yep me too. That's about the right time imo to change to new technology. I would hate to play the same shit for 10 years. :lol

Nutter

GhaleonEB said:
I don't doubt they have things in the early planning stages for the next system - everyone probably does. I rather doubt they have anything more than that happening, though. For a lot of reasons.
I bet its Halo 4 :p

Maybe the game is Crackdown 2? Real Time Worlds have other projects going but MS got them to agree to doing Crackdown on Xbox 720 and its just some art and basic story going into it now for when they've finished their other games?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Borys said:
Launching early did wonders to Xbox 360 even though everyone from the gaming press and every goddamn Xbox troll on the planet told you otherwise ("lawlz! PS3 steamroll on the horizon!")

They want to make money. It doesn't make fiscal sense to do so. They need to flesh out this generation so developers can recoup their money. Diving into yet another hardware situation would push the developers to go full scale into PS3 only development because the demands of an Xbox 3 would require even more money and more resources. Shane must have went home with blueballs the day he typed this.

steverulez said:
Maybe the game is Crackdown 2? Real Time Worlds have other projects going but MS got them to agree to doing Crackdown on Xbox 720 and its just some art and basic story going into it now for when they've finished their other games?

RTW aren't first party (yet!)

xabre

Banned
There won't be any early launch of the Xbox3. Why would they? Because they've done it before? You people don't think things through very much do you?

Link1110

Borys said:
Launching early did wonders to Xbox 360 even though everyone from the gaming press and every goddamn Xbox troll on the planet told you otherwise ("lawlz! PS3 steamroller on the horizon!")

Next-Gen just started having its AAA games last year, releasing Xbox III next year would be a bad idea, at least give it until 2011-2012.

Agent Icebeezy said:
They want to make money. It doesn't make fiscal sense to do so. They need to flesh out this generation so developers can recoup their money. Diving into yet another hardware situation would push the developers to go full scale into PS3 only development because the demands of an Xbox 3 would require even more money and more resources.

This, as well.

Developers are already struggling with the 15-30 million $ cost of making a game nowadays (majority of which lose money)

KevinCow

Banned
What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a remote chance that the mysterious Microsoft sequel is not Halo 4.

Xater

traveler said:
Yes and a cover story on Smash Bros. Come on, people, more info, less rumors and scores!

Wait what? An Alan Wake preview? Why are here not more details on that game in here?

Me wants to know :(

GhaleonEB

Nutter said:
I bet its Halo 4 :p
Which won't be made by Bungie. So that makes it just another game, IMO. :p

GauntletFan said:
If MS have teams working on a title for their next machine, it means they are probably in pre-production phase, which could last a year or more. Then, seeing as it's probably a large IP, I'd expect 2-3 years development time putting you at 2011-2012 which is when I would expect to see a new console launch.
This.

xaosslug

SuperSonic1305 said:
Rumors:
Unannounced Microsoft first party sequel in the works for Microsoft's next console

i guess MS do plan to keep with the short shorter console life-cycles... :lol

maybe, EGM is confused, and MS has a game in the works for their latest SKU the X360HD-DVD, wich will ship on HD-DVD disk... OMG, betrayalation! :O

MidiSurf

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
Persona 3: FES coming stateside, Next SMT title on PS3

I really hope this will come to europe too. I have playd the US version of Persona 3 and i'm loving it <3.

Nanostray 2 - 6.5, 6, 5

Is it really that bad ? I loved the first one and i had high hopes for Nanostray 2.

JoeMartin

Link1110 said:
Next-Gen just started having its AAA games last year, releasing Xbox III next year would be a bad idea, at least give it until 2011-2012.

Or would it destroy an already badly hurt Sony by forcing them to try and keep up?

Persona 3: FES coming stateside, Next SMT title on PS3

Please God yes.

besada

Banned
A Bungie sub-team is working on both Halo 4 and the specs for the new XBox. It's being tailor-made to suit their needs for a Halo 4/Launch media GAFsplosion!

Niceish scores for UT3, which is nice.

Prine

Banned
Wow, so goldeneye could have been released and its MS decision? I reckon it was down to royalties/EA fees or Rare saying they cant be bothered

Hopefully they go back and look at a possible Goldeneye release again.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
That's a lot of GH in a year. I wouldn't mind it though, since I assume it'll basically be like lots of songs put on a disc and shipped to retail. In fact, more discs like that increases the possibility of getting the kind of music I want on one disc. For people who are really into Aerosmith for example, they'll get a release just for that. Perhaps we'll see these kind of releases divided into genres of music as well, which I would love. DLC is cool and all, but it's usually much more expensive from what I've seen.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Um, full next-gen games take 3-4 years to make, and this is next-next gen, so like I don't see a problem. If the game is in preproduction (let's call this game "Halo 4") and they really spend 1-1.5 years planning it and then 2-3 making it, that's awesome, not bad.

besada

Banned
Y'know, if they managed flawless BC, they could roll out a new machine and still have 360 games coming out. I suspect the Hive would follow them onto a better platform and be okay with buying new 360 games along with their new 720 games. That would be a weird move, but who knows. MS and Nintendo both seem to be intent on rewriting the rules of the traditional market.

Ranger X

SuperSonic1305 said:
Rumors:

4 Guitar Hero sequels out in 2008 (Guitar Hero 4, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, and 2 others)

Holy damn. Milking milking milking. Activision takes another step in its "EA-isation".

SuperSonic1305 said:
Microsoft canceled an XBLA release of Goldeneye 007 at the last minute

Virtual Console bound confirmed!! yes!

SuperSonic1305 said:
Sony teaming up with a major japanese publisher to remake old games for PSN

Nice. I'd buy those instead of originals. Especially thinking of many PS1 games that are hard to play because of their old graphics.

SuperSonic1305 said:

There you go. Microsoft striking early next-gen again. Xbox 720 in late 2009.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
JoeMartin said:
Or would it destroy an already badly hurt Sony by forcing them to try and keep up?

At that point, Sony would just throw up their hands and say "Fuck it, we're sticking with this."

It's a terrible, yet funny rumor though. However, Sony wouldn't bother making a move to counter a quick launch by MS and Nintendo wouldn't budge.

Personally, I think this generation marks a sign that these three companies will be working with completely different time frames for "generations".

Also, I'd hate to believe those Guiter Hero rumors have any truth to them (sans the Aerosmith one), but I wouldn't put it past Activision. It's the main reason I'm not buying any of them to tell the truth.

Top Bottom