• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy teaser site (Tokita of FF4/PE/CT fame, mobile, FF Legends related)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Teaser site: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/FF_NEW/jp/

Amano Art:

v1_visual98sj7.png

Gematsu said:
Square Enix has opened a teaser website for a new Final Fantasy title coming to iOS and Android.

The website features a five-day countdown, Yoshitaka Amano-illustrated character artwork, background music, and the following short message from game creator Takashi Tokita: “Final Fantasy is about characters filled with human appeal. About dramatic battles of anger and sadness. And more than anything, we should not forget that it is about fantasy.”

Takashi Tokita was the lead designer for Final Fantasy IV, as well as the director of Parasite Eve, Live A Live, and Chrono Trigger, and the current head of Square Enix’s Business Division 9.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/10/new-fina...e-teaser-website-launched#4cLu8JmdJVu36jRw.99

Update:

Final Fantasy Legends related? Reboot? Sequel? Idk.

latest

The character's name is Chronos.

Even the song that plays on the site is from Final Fantasy Legends (Toki no Suisho)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLQPX7XibZI

Final Fantasy IV is my absolute favorite Final Fantasy game so I'm interested in this but why in the name of everything does it have to be mobile???

_Ryo_

If this is another portrait mode only, and/or Gotcha/Gotcha microtransaction slugfest imma go insane.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Final Fantasy IV is my absolute favorite Final Fantasy game so I'm interested in this but why in the name of everything does it have to be mobile???

Well, Tokita has been involved on projects like this perhaps longer than any of Square Enix's major staff, so this is a pretty natural fit for him.

Quonny

Going to fuse the job system from Mobius with the gameplay of FFRK. You quest for characters but pull the gacha for jobs.

Neoweee

I hope this is essentially a Dimensions follow-up. Dimensions was awesome. I'm hoping this is a follow-up psuedo-retro ATB/class-system game.

Looks like a crazy clock in that artwork

maybe something to do with time manipulation :OOOOO

That's a just a normal clock, according to Amano.

Maybe Time/era-hopping instead of Dimension-switching.

But it is based on something that was purely battles it seems like, so who knows.

By the creators of FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS and FINAL FANTASY LEGENDS

FINAL FANTASY TALE

"So original!" -Famitsu

"Tokita is a genius" -IGN

Caim

Uh, the soundtrack to that game is dope. Is it the same composer as Dimensions? Some of the tracks/sound font sound very similar.

Yeah it's the same guy. Naoshi Mizuta. He also did some of the music for FFXI as well I think.

If this is another portrait mode only, and/or Gotcha/Gotcha microtransaction slugfest imma go insane.

I only recently broke the habit of playing the awful Record Keeper and Brave Exvius, and I skipped Möbius because I'm burned out on Gacha RPGs. So if this is another one then I'm out before it launches.

I bought the RS2 remake day 1 and played 30+ hours of that. So I'm totally cool with a premium priced single player game.

I hope this is essentially a Dimensions follow-up. Dimensions was awesome. I'm hoping this is a follow-up psuedo-retro ATB/class-system game.

That's a normal clock, according to Amano.

Maybe Time/era-hopping instead of Dimension-switching.

But it is based on something that was purely battles it seems like, so who knows.

Hopefully it's not anothe Apple Watch game.

Top Bottom