• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

golem

assuming you have XP and it is connected properly... go to control panel-> performance/maintenence-> admin tools-> computer management and see if it shows up under storage->disk management

Crow

Wait up...If this is a new HD...did you do a Full Format or Quick? It needs to be fully formatted before use.

Drozmight

Crow said:
Wait up...If this is a new HD...did you do a Full Format or Quick? It needs to be fully formatted before use.

Wouldn't it show up in windows as being RAw or something so I could format it?

tenchir

Crow said:

Doesn't need to be fully formatted, a quick format will do. A full format will just zeroed the whole harddrive, which new hdds are already zeroed.

Crow

tenchir said:
Doesn't need to be fully formatted, a quick format will do. A full format will just zeroed the whole harddrive, which new hdds are already zeroed.

ahh ok...I thought that is what a Hard Format does...something that isn't done anymore because of the risk of removing much needed manufacturer software. But i'm not going to second guess you coz your probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom