• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Harmonix game announcing tomorrow (not RB, DC)

Hopefully it's a rhythm based open-world RPG where you can chose factions of rock, rap, etc., and fight evil corporate executives with magical guitar solos or funky beats.

Brofield

Something Disney with F?

List of Disney movies that start with F:

Either they're doing a Flubber Kinect game, some iOS game for Finding Nemo or something with Fantasia.

Why does a Flubber Kinect game sound like the greatest thing imaginable? Or should I go back to my meds again?

As for a musically-oriented Fantasia game, that sounds wondrous and something I look forward to.

Why does a Flubber Kinect game sound like the greatest thing imaginable? Or should I go back to my meds again?

As for a musically-oriented Fantasia game, that sounds wondrous and something I look forward to.

Flubber could be a bunch of physics labs. Less of a game and more of a bunch of weird tools.
Kinect can see the room, so it could cover the cough in goo. Things like that.

Fantasia game? Given it's Harmonix, and they have a hard time making new engines, and plastic is out, it might just be a dancing game. A traditional dancing game. Ballets, waltzes and shit.

Brofield

Fantasia game? Given it's Harmonix, and they have a hard time making new engines, and plastic is out, it might just be a dancing game. A traditional dancing game. Ballets, waltzes and shit.

Have Kinect project a hologram to practice waltzing with and you can market to the nervous grade 12 guys who have successfully asked their crush to prom but have no idea what the hell they are doing.

Ugh if its Disney I can safely say I'm not interested. Fantasia seems like a good guess though.

I hope its their open world rhythm combat game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
They're working on three games ranging from new music titles to things that seem to be action adventure titles, so take your guess!

smart move if true, they should try making other genres seeing that the music games are in decline.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Angry Old Man's hint in the other thread was that it was related to an F word.
Frequency 2 confirmed. Amplitude's improved UI with the greater emphasis on electronic music its predecessor had. It can come out on whatever consoles HMX likes as long as there is also a PSV release.

I'd be on it like white on rice.
lol this is not happening

FyreWulff

smart move if true, they should try making other genres seeing that the music games are in decline.

They're Harmonix Music Systems.

It's a good bet most of the stuff they'll do will have a music relation.

Also, the Disney collab wouldn't be that far off, Harmonix did some stuff for Epcot, so they've worked together before.

Do they own the Frequency/Amplitude IPs? Would love one on Vita.

Nope, Sony does.

it's a mobile game, I mean they don't have a publisher. and who would announce a big new game a week...before...E3.........

Sony, it's got to be sony

sji5sDv.gif

I would buy the SHIT out of a Harmonix-developed Fantasia game. The Fantasia world was the best part of Kingdom Hearts 3D.

That's how much I love Fantasia.

Sonix90

Neo Member
Please be a sequel to Amplitdue. Though it's probably impossible, I don't think there's much demand for rhythm games without (or even with) peripherals, sadly.

sqwarlock

I GOT IT!

It's a game where you use a Move controller and/or a Kinect (depending on which systems it comes to) to, get this, conduct the music from the Fantasia movies!

I wouldn't buy this though.

sqwarlock

I wish beatmania caught on. The song selection was so whack.

It would do better now with online leaderboards and dlc song packs, I'd guess

It caught on well enough to "inspire" the DJ Hero games. Unpopular opinion(?): DJ Hero 1 & 2 were great games.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I GOT IT!

It's a game where you use a Move controller and/or a Kinect (depending on which systems it comes to) to, get this, conduct the music from the Fantasia movies!

I wouldn't buy this though.

Wonderbook: Fantasia would be a pretty hilarious let down.

I'd buy it.

BigDug13

It's a different take on SEGA's Typing of the Dead. It's Rocking of the Dead. You have to play the right chords to kill the zombies!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So I was browsing Twitter and noticed that the social media manager for Disney Games' most recent follow was a Fantasia account.

zsyw7iN.png

Putting this in a new thread since even if Harmonix isn't working on one, this suggests a Fantasia game exists.

Top Bottom