• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New infamous second son screenshots

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
We already got two decent games, how about a great one this time around? I mean jesus, it's the third super hero game from them in the same Universe and it seems like they are doing jack shit with the story and the characters. I wish they realize that what makes super heroes great aren't just some cool set of powers.

Everything so far that they've shown in terms of characters and story, seems very very boilerplate.
You realize your two complaints here are rather at odds? Do you want them to make an archetypal "great" super hero story or avoid boilerplate? Can't really have both, since the superhero story has certainly been done ad nauseum.

This one looks especially niceee. Although I'm sceptical of this being actual gameplay footage. And yes, I know it doesn't say gameplay, but still.. this looks sweeeet

I remember the second game making fun of bunch of videogame names, that screenshot reminds me of that :p

LuuKyK

I remember the second game making fun of bunch of videogame names, that screenshot reminds me of that :p

I didn't even see Sonic Boom there before. :lol:lol

Weren't these screens posted before Sonic Boom was even announced though? Or SP knew about the game or this is a pretty big coincidence.

I wonder if they're going to try to top the intro gameplay to i2? That one was kinda set up by the ending to the first and how they were going about the second game. It was a God of War-style intro.

Loudninja

I wonder if they're going to try to top the intro gameplay to i2? That one was kinda set up by the ending to the first and how they were going about the second game. It was a God of War-style intro.
I dont know really,since you have to get your powers first.

Jedi2016

If they can just make sure the water actually reflects everything it's supposed to, that'll be even better. There was a video somewhere that showed a wet street, and none of the cars were reflected in it. But later in the same video, individual people were reflected in the street. Maybe some early shots versus late shots, I don't know.

But yes, I'll be picking this up for sure. I just hope the gameplay holds up to the graphics.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
God damn this game looks stunning.

I really am having a hard time picturing with my minds eye how good games like Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls VI, Uncharted 4, God of War 4, etc will look once we see them.

Killzone Shadowfall still blows my fucking mind. Guerrilla Games second try at PS4 for their new IP is sure to amaze as well.

Good times ahead.

Doc Evils

I see Second Son as this generations Gears of War graphical show piece that makes everyone jump next gen.

All dat graphics juice.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
These screens are making me miss Seattle. I'm increasingly convinced Sucker Punch made the right decision by faithfully recreating the city, and I really hope it pays off.

Nuke Soda

These screens are making me miss Seattle. I'm increasingly convinced Sucker Punch made the right decision by faithfully recreating the city, and I really hope it pays off.

Interesting that the first real city they do is Seattle. They had fake New York and fake New Orleans, now they have real Seattle.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Interesting that the first real city they do is Seattle. They had fake New York and fake New Orleans, now they have real Seattle.
They're headquartered in Bellevue, WA. So when they made the decision to recreate a real city they went with one they're very fond of. That's why you're seeing attention-to-detail and a lot of heart going into this.

-griffy-

Banned

I didn't even see Sonic Boom there before. :lol:lol

Weren't these screens posted before Sonic Boom was even announced though? Or SP knew about the game or this is a pretty big coincidence.

Sonic Boom is a real store in Seattle:
32568_sonic_boom_records_seattle.jpg

Positively immaculate. This game is the sole reason I'll be buying a PS4 before 2015. As a resident of Washington who has reason to visit Seattle frequently, I adore the devotion they have to really bring this area alive. Well done.

@NaughtyGods We have invested a TON in new sound design. We have a new audio director, Brad, who's done an amazing job! Sounds great!
This deeply excites me, my biggest problem with the previous infamous games was there utterly awful sound design.

Kyoufu

This deeply excites me, my biggest problem with the previous infamous games was there utterly awful sound design.

I just want ambient sound or music either from Delsin's iPod or surroundings that prevent me from hearing a pin drop a mile away.

InFamous 2 was basically this for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6DD1k4BAUg in terms of audio. I actually thought there was something wrong with my headphones when I first played it.

I see Second Son as this generations Gears of War graphical show piece that makes everyone jump next gen.

All dat graphics juice.

even more impressive by the fact that it's an open world game, whereas Geow was linear at its core. much more will be going on at any given time in the former than the latter.

I did not know that all the pedestrians were real people that had been scanned into the game. Troy Baker, you continue to be just excellent.

I'm both glad and torn that they aren't showing new powers until release. I'm intensely curious, but finding them out for myself seems pretty cool. Might have to consider a media blackout...

Loudninja

I did not know that all the pedestrians were real people that had been scanned into the game. Troy Baker, you continue to be just excellent.

I'm both glad and torn that they aren't showing new powers until release. I'm intensely curious, but finding them out for myself seems pretty cool. Might have to consider a media blackout...
yeah GI had a article about it:

Sucker Punch began the process of digitizing people by recruiting real life extras. The developer put out the call to friends, family, and casting agencies that they were looking for extras to appear in the game. Using an advanced 3D scanning process, the company was able to scan over 75 people in just three days. This means that nearly every citizen you see walking around Sucker Punch's digital version of Seattle is based off a real person. Here's how that process works.
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/i...otocopied-actors-for-infamous-second-son.aspx

Top Bottom