• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Jakks World of Nintendo Toys including Breath of the Wild and lots of Splatoon.

Ordering one now actually lol.

They're $10.40 at Toys R Us now and I was real tempted to get one. They only had the red shell though and I felt if you were to get one it should be green.

Keep on mind of course it's essentially just a foam football. I have no clue how'll it do when thrown.

Type40

I have a bunch of these, some are better than others. I really like the non posable mario enemies. It's the first time some of them have gotten figures... but man, some like Skullkid have terrible joints and paint jobs.

4-SKULL-KID-World-of-Nintendo-FIGURE-Legend.jpg

I have a bunch of these, some are better than others. I really like the non posable mario enemies. It's the first time some of them have gotten figures... but man, some like Skullkid have terrible joints and paint jobs.

I love his little behind anyhow. Sitting on my desk staring at me at this very moment.

Still possible to find baby Yoshi and Bowser jr? If so where would be the easiest to do so?

If you mean the 4" light blue Yoshi he's pretty common. He's available to buy from ToysRUs.com for $8 due to the sale. But you need a minimum purchase of $29 for free shipping. He's also available direct from Amazon but they're charging $12.81.

As for Bowser Jr. he's rarer to find but that's because of the staggered release of waves. For instance in the heart of CT where I am I've just started seeing stuff from the wave before Bowser Jr. I won't see him for weeks. He may be able to be easily purchased online if you wait a bit.

I did a look at Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7UYRI0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZPa8ybYCAVE35, and there's one seller listing him for $11+$4 shipping who has 55,000 ratings but only a 91%.

I would wait like I said though.

I actually bought the Windwaker Link at Walmart yesterday. Are the trophy ones rare? I saw a trophy Samus there.

Sorry. I meant to to say some. They're all rarer than others and get marked up to various degrees but Samus seems to only get marked up to $20. I may get her at that price since I'm a big Metroid guy.

I haven't opened my Skull Kid yet but I do distinctly remember him seemingly positioned weirdly in the box with how his limbs bent at the joints. Still the removal mask is a plus over the 2.5" figure and the 3DS statue.

Huh.

Well it seems Amazon is selling preorders for Inkling Girl. With no figma in sight, I might order one since they're only ten bucks.

Yeah. Typically stuff gets staggered across the country. It always seems like where I am is a few weeks behind other places.

I totally want the Splatoon super soakers and foam shell football haha.

I've love the WoN figures a lot. The 6 inch Bowser that was first wave is still one of my favorite looking figures.

I'm still hoping they come out with Funky Kong.

Amalthea

Banned
I bet in a few years most go-carting places will have warnings that those koopa shell footballs are prohibited on the track.

I totally want the Splatoon super soakers and foam shell football haha.

I've love the WoN figures a lot. The 6 inch Bowser that was first wave is still one of my favorite looking figures.

I'm still hoping they come out with Funky Kong.

Yeah. I'm at least happy with got all 4 of the Tropical Freeze playable characters. Though only Donkey and Diddy got 4" figures.

I love how the restock pic has tons of Ganondorfs and no Metroids.

I don't believe Ganondorfs are part of this restock. The 6" wave was super weird. Bowser seemed to sell well from the first wave but there was an absolute glut of Donkey Kings that did move for years. Because of that the second wave of Ganondorf and Metroid didn't really get stocked anyway and the 6" line was canceled.

Then all of sudden Holiday 2015 or so stores starting getting wave 2. With them being relatively easy to get early last year. I got 6 Metroid from stores (not for reselling) and there were still several I saw after.

It's not surprising Ganondorfs remain while Metroids are gone if they had similar production numbers. From a brand perspective Zelda should sell more than Metroid. But from a fan perspective how much demand is there for a specific form of the villain Ganondorf. While Metroid is the synonymous creature and looks great. As it's a creature and not a specific character it's normal to have multiples like I do.

I bet in a few years most go-carting places will have warnings that those koopa shell footballs are prohibited on the track.

I can't believe I didn't realize this.

maxcriden

If you mean the 4" light blue Yoshi he's pretty common. He's available to buy from ToysRUs.com for $8 due to the sale. But you need a minimum purchase of $29 for free shipping. He's also available direct from Amazon but they're charging $12.81.

As for Bowser Jr. he's rarer to find but that's because of the staggered release of waves. For instance in the heart of CT where I am I've just started seeing stuff from the wave before Bowser Jr. I won't see him for weeks. He may be able to be easily purchased online if you wait a bit.

I did a look at Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7UYRI0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZPa8ybYCAVE35, and there's one seller listing him for $11+$4 shipping who has 55,000 ratings but only a 91%.

I would wait like I said though.

Thanks man, really appreciate the info.

Are we talking about the same Yoshi BTW though? The one I mean is the specifically baby Yoshi, like the kind from NSMBU. He's more of a dark blue to my eyes.

(BTW the Cat Toad is awesome, really glad I saw that one at WM.)

Thanks man, really appreciate the info.

Are we talking about the same Yoshi BTW though? The one I mean is the specifically baby Yoshi, like the kind from NSMBU. He's more of a dark blue to my eyes.

(BTW the Cat Toad is awesome, really glad I saw that one at WM.)

Oh. Sorry I was talking about 4" light blue.

The 2.5" Blue Baby Yoshi is officially supposed to come out in May. Someone was just able to get it early and posted pictures. You have plenty of time. Like I said I'm in the central of a New England state and the figures show up in stores weeks after release time for me.

Also Medicom has 3 pack of all three Baby Yoshis in their Ultra Detail line. But they're only half the size of the WoN Blue Baby 2.5" in the OP.

The Medicom line is based on the characters posed in the box art. They're normally at around $13 at Amazon and Gamestop. Gamestop never carried the Baby Yoshis unfortunately. Some of the line is part of Gamestop'do current clearance. I got NSMBW Mario and NSMBU Fire Mario for $4 each two days ago. Those and Yoshi were the cheapest.

Oh Mario I love the 1982 Mario Bros "wrong colors" figures.

I might have to try to track those down someday.

Yeah I got original NES cover Link because that's not a figure I think will get made in other lines.

Here's a link to what Gamestop has: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Medicom

And checking that I see they have dropped Luigi Mansion Luigi from the $11 he was two days ago to $5 meaning I should go back to that store and get him.

Things are hectic right now though.

maxcriden

Oh. Sorry I was talking about 4" light blue.

The 2.5" Blue Baby Yoshi is officially supposed to come out in May. Someone was just able to get it early and posted pictures. You have plenty of time. Like I said I'm in the central of a New England state and the figures show up in stores weeks after release time for me.

Also Medicom has 3 pack of all three Baby Yoshis in their Ultra Detail line. But they're only half the size of the WoN Blue Baby 2.5" in the OP.

Wow, you are a wealth of knowledge about this. Thanks again for all the info, I really appreciate. Will keep my eyes out for both figures.

They're $10.40 at Toys R Us now and I was real tempted to get one. They only had the red shell though and I felt if you were to get one it should be green.

Keep on mind of course it's essentially just a foam football. I have no clue how'll it do when thrown.

I like it. Ended up going in with my son to treat him (and myself). Got him a couple figures for him and a donkey kong and green shell football for myself. Wife and I tossed that thing around for like 45 minutes lol. It's like a firm rubber btw. Still comfy to play with.

Want to check another store tomorrow to see if they've got more.

Wow, you are a wealth of knowledge about this. Thanks again for all the info, I really appreciate. Will keep my eyes out for both figures.

No problem.

I collect figures in general and am really big into various Nintendo merchandise in general and am a huge fan of World of Nintendo as its great to see game figures available in regular stores. They're also cheap enough that I can actually get a lot.

I enjoy driving quite a bit so I find it fun to do change up where I do my weekly errands at various Walmarts/Targets wighin 30 or so minutes around me when searching for figures in a line.

Last day for the Toys R Us 20% off sale.

So after a day out doing some errands I went to two Toys R US. One seemed to have gotten a restock (there were now several more green Koopa footballs and Super Jumping Mario) and there were Wind Waker Link, Blue Yoshi and Phazon Suit Samus. Wave complete.

Wind Waker Link also comes with the sword and sheathe from the original figure. The Wind Waker replaces the shield from that release. I had bought a Blue Yoshi from Target but will return that for $1 savings I guess (I misremembered the price I paid). Phazon Suit Samus is defintely the best looking of the regularly released Samuses not counting metallic paint Samus.

Also I got Medicom Super Mario World Yoshi. It's rarer to find Yoshi figures in the non-upright format. Hopefully Luigi's Mansion Luigi remains until I can get it.

Finding some of these has been harder than amiibos though.

Defintely. Amiibo last year began to actually be well stocked enough that you could wait for Amazon and stores to discount them less than 50%. World of Nintendo stuff lasts a few weeks only and the exclusive variants are hell to find.

cant find the damn splat balls

There are plenty at every Toys R Us I go to.

When do the splattershot toys come out?

The interview said near-future. They probably want to wait till closer to Splatoon 2.

RRockman

Banned
Found the inkling boy. I didnt realize it from the picture but his ink tank is the wrong color. It's driving me crazy.

Yeah, that Link's eyes are really off.

That said, everything else looks great; I actually own several of those figures myself. I'd love to nab that Mario Maker one.

RRockman

Banned
Sorry for the bump but these guns are finally out.

Found this while scrambling to get a amiibo preorder at a gamestop. They only got two in the first place and I grabbed the last one. Are these going to be rare?

I also STILL haven't found an inkling girl yet. I'm beginning to go mad.

I'm looking for peach plush or rosalina plush, does anyone know any stores that sells them in a fair price?

I don't know unfortunately. It seems like stores are trying to clean out their stock now.

Top Bottom