• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Killzone Mercenary Updates Coming, Free Multiplayer Maps

Skyzard

Banned
Bot mode will be good for practice too. Can't wait to get back to this, was thinking of doing the side-objectives just earlier today. Awesome surprise.

DeaviL

Banned
I'm starting to think that this game was made solely to sell us more memory cards.

Such patch, much filesize, wow.

Binabik15

Aww yeaaaaah.

I haven't played a lot of MP, but more space? Free maps? Bots? I hope this gets a sequel. SP is so good, MP is fun as well, but shooting up tons of Higs in the embassy on the train is so good.

j-wood

Yeah, I have to support GG for this. I'm so glad I've already bought this game and Shadow Fall. Giving out free MP maps? Yes please

madmook

I fuckin love bots. Hope that update #5 isn't too far away. I just bought the game from Best Buy, so this is very welcome news.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Mercenary has great maps so I was hoping...

well Mercenary is made by a different team.

I don't have a PS4 yet so I'm not sure what is going on with KZ:SF, but my friend (a big Killzone fan) said the maps are the worst yet in the series (same with the SP). actually he have tons of issues with maps design and SF multiplayer in general.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Free maps and botsmode? F*ck you,
lovely
Cambridge - how do I now send you my gratitude?

Buy MediEvil: Resurrection and LBP on PSP and ask SCEE/SCEA to put GhostHunter on PSN and ask @yosp to let them make Primal 2.

Zen

Banned
Already bought!

I don't have a PS4 yet so I'm not sure what is going on with KZ:SF, but my friend (a big Killzone fan) said the maps are the worst yet in the series (same with the SP). actually he have tons of issues with maps design and SF multiplayer in general.

Hrmmm. Well I've been enjoying Shadowfall a lot so far (at a friends house), I guess we'll see. Thanks for the heads up though, better to not go in blindsided if that ends up being the case.

This makes the decision to purchase a VitaTV even easier. Thankfully my white Vita came with a 4gb card (I bought a 32gb alongside it) so I won't need to buy another one if all I put on it is KZ:M and use it otherwise as a Netflix and RemotePlay device.

SxP

Botzone makes me real happy. Considering I often don't have internet access when taking my Vita out and about I really missed that feature.

RpgN

MM not the same studio as GCambridge.

but yeah Vita owners need to buy Tearaway.

Toto, you're recommending a N64 game!

I never thought I'd see the day. Good on you for recognising good games even after you complain about them (also with Soul Sacrifice).

soultron

Banned
Thank you, GGC!

I totally posted on r/killzonemercenary the other day saying, "nah, been +30 since launch, don't expect DLC."

Not only is there DLC, it's free and comes with bonus support, opims, etc.

Sorry I doubted you, GGC! Keep up the solid work!

Now, to get back to contracts (5/9 missions' contracts [3x contracts/mission] finished) for my Platinum...

rCIZZLE

The SF maps are easily my favorite in the series so far. I understand the hate for the KZ3 maps but not the new ones.

So happy about this. When I'm at work or class the wifi won't let me play multiplayer and the missions sometimes are too much. Botzone is exactly what I wanted. This game has been so good all around

nampad

Remember that a GG Cambridge developer wasn't sure how many patches they can make in the OT. Good that Sony decided to support this game. Still hope we can get more SP missions as DLC, the setting is perfect for it. Just give us a new mercenary for more Helghan missions
or Ivanov prequel missions

AwRy108

More maps is EXACTLY what this game needed, and, well, there ya' go.

Fantastic Vita game, and probably the best Killzone game.

meppi

Thank you GG/Sony!

Now this is how you get me to not worry about paying full price on a game's launch as well as create grateful fans.
Wonderful support even though the game might not have sold millions.

Other companies are an embarrassment compared to them.

lord pie

Certainly looks like it's from kz2
kz2 said:
maxresdefault.jpg
kzm said:

Really great news, except for the part that these updates will take an upwards of several months to roll out. Wouldn't two updates instead of four work? One for the bots, maps, and multiplayer tweaks, and another for Vita TV?

Top Bottom