• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kirby Wii (HAL), Pandora's Tower, More [Confirmed, Kirby Trailer Added]

I know the Wii gets so much blind hate, but as somebody that owns all 3 home consoles the Wii is the one console that has totally delivered. If Nintendo localizes Xenoblade and Last Story than thats just the icing on the cake.

3 Mainline Marios
2 Zelda's
2 Metroids
Donkey Kong Country
Punch Out
Sin & Punishment

Just to name a few. All Nintendo needs to do is release a new Star Fox. I can't wait to see see what else is going to be announced.

NeonZ

Morokh said:
Another 2,5D Platformer, come on .. I mean .... REALLY ?

Not that it is bad or something, but it just screams "Holy shit we need games, let's make some quick platformers"

This game has been in development for a long time. Kirby always felt closer to an action game than a standard platformer too.

I can't see the new video right now, but the older one seemed to be even more action focused than usual due to using the something similar to the Smash Bros engine. Of course, considering the negative reactions to Subspace Emissary, I wonder how that game would have been received.

BowieZ

Banned
Host Samurai said:
I know the Wii gets so much blind hate, but as somebody that owns all 3 home consoles the Wii is the one console that has totally delivered. If Nintendo localizes Xenoblade and Last Story than thats just the icing on the cake.

3 Mainline Marios
2 Zelda's
2 Metroids
Donkey Kong Country
Punch Out
Sin & Punishment

Just to name a few. All Nintendo needs to do is release a new Star Fox. I can't wait to see see what else is going to be announced.
+ the best ever Mario Kart (with online)
+ 2 Kirby's
+ Super Paper Mario
+ two definitive party/sport game collections (Wii Sports Resort/Wii Party)

A price drop and a new color at the end of the year (maybe Gold!) would be the most insanely perfect time for any self respecting gamer to jump in.

queen-gets-gold-plated-wii.jpg

41sld64j%2BwL.jpg

wheel.jpg

Host Samurai said:

3 Mainline Marios
2 Zelda's
2 Metroids
Donkey Kong Country
Punch Out
Sin & Punishment

First Party, developed and published, on Wii has been fantastic. Total resurgence of my favorite genre: platformers. NSMBWii, Super Mario Galaxy (fucking two of them!), DKCR, Kirby Epic Yarn, Wario Land Shake It. Other stuff in my collection is: Sin and Punishment, ExciteTruck and Bots, Fire Emblem, both Wii Sports (don't hate), Mario Kart, and Brawl.

It's the third-party situation that really mars the software analysis. Some of Nintendo's best stuff has been on Wii this gen.

Masked Man

I said wow
HiroProtagonist said:
Edit: Kirby video

Thanks for that! The abilities with names given were Sword, Leaf, Water, and Whip (Kirbiana Jones lolz). I'm still totally enamored of Kirby's Epic Yarn that a return to "classic Kirby" style actually comes as a bit of a letdown, but it should be fun.

Nuclear Muffin said:
From the sounds of things, they're gonna do something for Zelda's 25th anniversary (and maybe Pokemon's 15th as well!)

I've always had a sneaking suspicion that we will see Pokémon R/G (or R/B) on the 3DS Shop.

Also, OMGOMGOMGOMG RHYTHM HEAVEEEEEEEEN!!! I need the full version of the airplane badminton music. :D

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Looking at that Rhythm Tengoku trailer, especially the badminton game on planes, I think the game looks like what an 8/16-bit game would like with high resolutions. Like, I could totally see some sort of Afterburner type of game with graphics similar to the badminton game.

farnham

Banned
i guess the rythm tengoku vid confirms that it will be buttonbased

also kirby final smash extravaganza is awesomeness

Masked Man

I said wow
farnham said:
i guess the rythm tengoku vid confirms that it will be buttonbased

What? If anything, the clips shown just scream "Wiimote": stabbing with a fork, slicing with a katana, smacking a birdie.

farnham

Banned
Masked Man said:
What? If anything, the clips shown just scream "Wiimote": stabbing with a fork, slicing with a katana, smacking a birdie.
wiimote does not register that fast

first part of the vid shows putting two peas on the fork in a split second

Hylian7

Oh god I really want Kirby! I wonder if this is the legendary "Kirby GCN" of years ago or not. This trailer seems to be now with 100% less stacked helpers, but it also looks 100% better than that original trailer did. Indiana Jones power = Pretty damn cool

Masked Man said:
The samurai and pingpong ones had two different moves. I'm guessing the main action is a button press and the special action is done with waggle?

WillyFive

Morokh said:

Not that it is bad or something, but it just screams "Holy shit we need games, let's make some quick platformers"

The worst part is that you imply that platformers don't need a lot care going into it.

MYE

Morokh said:

Oh GAF smiley where art though?

Masked Man

I said wow
nincompoop said:
The samurai and pingpong ones had two different moves. I'm guessing the main action is a button press and the special action is done with waggle?

Yeah, in rewatching it, this seems to make the most sense. I guess I just got carried away in my excitement over the music. XD

GWX

nincompoop said:

Probably it will play like the GBA one, using the D-Pad and 1/2 or A/B.
Makes way more sense than waggle, for a game that emphasizes precision more than any other.

robor

Hylian7 said:
Oh god I really want Kirby! I wonder if this is the legendary "Kirby GCN" of years ago or not. This trailer seems to be now with 100% less stacked helpers, but it also looks 100% better than that original trailer did. Indiana Jones power = Pretty damn cool

Some interesting snippets of game play in the trailer that I've never seen in previous Kirby platformers. Could be the first traditional Kirby platformer I actually like, we'll see.

NeonZ

Hm... watching the video now... Compared to the GCN video, this seems more like a traditional Kirby game, although it has some new mechanics.

Shiggy

GWX said:
Probably it will play like the GBA one, using the D-Pad and 1/2 or A/B.
Makes way more sense than waggle, for a game that emphasizes precision more than any other.

That would be a huge improvement over Rhythm Paradise DS...that was a huge disappointment with its touch controls.

WillyFive

From the Babelfish translation, the name of the Kirby game seems to be Kirby of the Stars, or something like that.

NeonZ said:
Hm... watching the video now... Compared to the GCN video, this seems more like a traditional Kirby game, atlhough it shwos several new mechanics even in that short video.

Yeah, if it is Kirby Forever I wonder where the 4 player stuff is.

Willy105 said:
From the Babelfish translation, the name of the Kirby game seems to be Kirby of the Stars, or something like that.

The name comes from something like Hoshi no Kirby or something, that's its full series name is it not?

That same name was on Nintendo's release lists for eons, not sure if Epic Yarn replaced it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We still haven't got Epic Yarn yet. :(

I hope Rhythm Tengoku Wii comes out in PALland or it may become my first imported Wii title.

Willy105 said:

I'm fairly sure that's what every Kirby game in Japan is called.

WillyFive

Hero of Legend said:
The name comes from something like Hoshi no Kirby or something, that's its full series name is it not?

That same name was on Nintendo's release lists for eons, not sure if Epic Yarn replaced it.

I came up with that Stars name because Kirby Epic Yarn was mentioned there too as "Kirby of the Wool", or something like that. That is of course assuming [kabii] means Kirby.

babelfish said:
"In addition, last year '[kabii] of the wool' was sold in Japan and America concerning [kabii] of the star, but the deferred type game machine inhaling, spitting, make wait it had done very much for a long time concerning the new work of [kabii] of the main part which changes. 'The new work of [kabii] of the star for Wii', is developed in the team of the hull laboratory. This please view the movie.

Concerning the up-to-date work of [kabii] of this 'star', sale of this year is planned."

Chet Rippo said:
I'm fairly sure that's what every Kirby game in Japan is called.

Ha! There's that then.

Fireflu

*Watches trailer* THIS IS MY FAVOURITE DAY EVER

O sweet merciful heavens its like they remade Kirby's Super Star Saga and fed it crack!

Day yesterday.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
not sure if there is a separate thread for this, but two things stood out from that for me:

- Iwata seeming to comment that the NGP might bring more western devs to the handheld area. quite soon for him to comment on the NGP, and its not a negative comment at all.

- May for the eshop and DSi transfers!? So anyone trying to trade in a DSi towards a 3DS is really fucked if they want to keep any of their DSi ware?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Willy105 said:
I think Kirby of the Stars is his full name in Japan.

olimpia84 said:
If they localize Xenoblade and Last Story, coupled with Zelda SS and HAL Kirby, then yes this is the year of the Wii.
Eh, I dunno, 2010 was one fantastic year for the Wii.

mrklaw said:
not sure if there is a separate thread for this, but two things stood out from that for me:

- Iwata seeming to comment that the NGP might bring more western devs to the handheld area. quite soon for him to comment on the NGP, and its not a negative comment at all.

- May for the eshop and DSi transfers!? So anyone trying to trade in a DSi towards a 3DS is really fucked if they want to keep any of their DSi ware?

Can't one just redownload them on DSi? Like it's a file transfer and not like an account transfer?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Shiggy said:
That would be a huge improvement over Rhythm Paradise DS...that was a huge disappointment with its touch controls.

I frickin' loved the stylus controls! I know some people have problems with them, but I don't... with the exception of the Moai games and maybe the 2nd Ping pong game.

Motion-sensing Rhythm Tengoku: bring it! Although I don't mind either way, RT is good all the same.

WillyFive

The_Technomancer said:
Eh, I dunno, 2010 was one fantastic year for the Wii.

I'm sure you can have more than one good year in a row.

sillik said:
havn't played a kirbey game in over 12 years. Still looks like the exact same game lol

Check out the one that came before it then.

Top Bottom