• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Need for Speed: Most Wanted gameplay and details

gdt

All I want to know is if you can at least earn boost by takedowns and drifts.

If they are in, From what I've seen so far, it's close enough to burnout for me.

Oh maybe a noob question but can frostbite hit 60fps on PC? Do you need a uber powerful rig to do so?

This isn't Frostbite.

Ugh...

This isn't NFS, this isn't an ode to exotic supercars driving in great locations with something that look likes realistic speed and car behaviour.

This is just another bland open-world crappy Burnout (I hate open-world Burnout...) with ridiculous hyper ADHD speeds...

I'm probably one of the few that don't like the fact that it looks like a Burnout game.

Yeah exactly. If you make a Burnout game, just name it Burnout! (and for God's sake make a Burnout without this overrated open world concept...)

This is like Infinity Ward making a Battlefield game or eh.... Capcom making a Castlevania game.

If I think about NFS I think about this:

Road--Track-Presents--The-Need-for-Speed.png

9009-need-for-speed-iii-hot-pursuit-windows-screenshot-fighing-to.jpg

hotpursuit2_1.jpg

daviyoung

Banned
Criterion make better games than Black Box. Doesn't matter about the license, or the brand, the game will be much more accomplished and polished than anything out of another NFS studio.

You're showing screenshots from NFS games over 10 years old, have you missed the 10 or so NFS games after those? Because we've thankfully come a long way.

Bgamer90

Banned
It's funny how people are now complaing that the recent NFS game doesn't fit the mold of the very first NFS games.

Like, where have you guys been the past 12 years?

pelican

Hate to be that guy, but shame this probably won't make it to steam.

Note - A game doesn't require Steam to be good.

Install add and launch via Steam = easy.

I'm getting the PC version, and while I really like Steam, it isn't make or break for me.

pelican

It's funny how people are now complaing that the recent NFS game doesn't fit the mold of the very first NFS games.

Like, where have you guys been the past 12 years?

They are just nit-picking for the sake of it. Must be bored. The last thing I want is a modern conversion of NFS on the 3DO.

bridegur

After playing quite a bit of The Run recently, I'm afraid the city in Most Wanted is going to feel bland. Has Criterion said anything about the environments in it? I hope it's at least as varied as Burnout Paradise.

Tank

Neo Member
Is there any update on the Vita version?

I am getting PC for sure, but I will also get the Vita version if it turns out well. I fear it may be an IOS port, seeing as though we haven't even seen footage yet.

Cramoss

Where's the slow-mo mechanic?

I may be in the minority here but I want this game to play and be more like the original NFS Most wanted game.. not like a Burnout game.

Afrikan

They had come a long way, just on the wrong road.

I miss the "The" Need for Speed"

I think the closest "Road and Track Presents" The Need for Speed......is NFS The Run.

It has alot different environments and even the music fit the locations. It also is a point to point racer, like the original really was.

Pikma

Banned
Looks interesting, but I'll wait and see, I want to know how much it borrows from Paradise, I loved so much that game, but for that same reason I played it to death, so hearing it's the same would totally turn me away.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'll get it. The franchise has been rather shit as of late, but I miss a solid NFS game where I can heavily mod a bunch of cars.

Top Bottom