• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

There's a lot of stuff they could talk about.

- Dragon Quest VII, SMT IV Apocalypse, Ace Attorney 6, Sonic Boom and Yokai Watch 2 coming in September, DMW 2 coming in October, Mario Party Star Rush coming in November
- Finalize release date for Dragon Quest VIII
- Info on Pokemon Sun & Moon, more info on Ever Oasis
- Unannounced localizations like Etrian Odyssey 5, Dragon Ball Fusions, Detective Pikachu, Monster Hunter Stories, Picross etc.

Since it's worldwide they may even have an unannounced game in there.

Plus it's a direct and we haven't seen one since March.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Alongside the New Leaf patch which will add Amiibo support they will announce:

Amiibo support for unlockable Mii skins in Pilotwings Resort
Amiibo support for unlockable Mii skins in Mario Kart 7
Amiibo support to refill your arrow in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D
Amiibo support to add Amiibo sticker moves in Sticker Star

Dakhil

I'm looking forward to seeing more footage and hearing more information about Dragon Quest VIII.

Please give us the release date, please.

Anth0ny

let's be real, its gon be December before we even hear about the NX

I'm thinking February. anything in 2016 hurts 3ds/wii u sales during the holidays.

and in feb they'll tell us that due to them wanting the best lineup possible, the nx launch has been delayed to november 2017.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST

OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

for 3DS
what??????????????

it's cool, i love my 3ds. My heart raced though

My glass is half-empty these days Max.
But why? They may want one last direct for the 3DS. Wii U is dead so it can't get anything. NX announcement sounds more like a live event for sure and that's how it should be. They could announce it next week and have it late September. I don't see the pessimism is coming from.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
You know, being a worldwide Direct and all, I believe this is going to be the venue where they announce the price cut that Trevelyan/SMD leaked several months ago.

Mediking

There's a lot of stuff they could talk about.

- Dragon Quest VII, SMT IV Apocalypse, Ace Attorney 6 and Yokai Watch 2 coming in September, DMW 2 coming in October, Mario Party Star Rush coming in November
- Finalize release date for Dragon Quest VIII
- Info on Pokemon Sun & Moon, more info on Ever Oasis
- Unannounced localizations like Etrian Odyssey 5, Dragon Ball Fusions, Detective Pikachu, Monster Hunter Stories, Picross etc.

Since it's worldwide they may even have an unannounced game in there.

Plus it's a direct and we haven't seen one since March.

3DS and Wii U will still get support in 2017...

Between this and the "Watch for a special announcement from Reggie!" video yesterday, Nintendo has to be purposely trolling us, right?

Okay, maybe these are business decisions and not trolls, but still... They can't be so tone-deaf as not to realize the clamoring for NX news, right??!! NOA is probably laughing its ass off at us

Edit:
Nintendo Direct!

3DS...

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

Best response

There's really no logical basis to think that at this point. Nintendo has repeatedly reiterated to their investors that March 2017 is the launch month, even recently. Nintendo hasn't specified a launch month and then delayed for 20ish years IIRC.

Man, you have to know I'm not being serious! I'm just saying a delay wouldn't shock me. I don't think one's happening though.

Between this and the "Watch for a special announcement from Reggie!" video yesterday, Nintendo has to be purposely trolling us, right?

Okay, maybe these are business decisions and not trolls, but still... They can't be so tone-deaf as not to realize the clamoring for NX news, right??!! NOA is probably laughing its ass off at us
They obviously know people are eager to hear NX news but they are a business that makes their own schedule.

There's really no logical basis to think that at this point. Nintendo has repeatedly reiterated to their investors that March 2017 is the launch month, even recently. Nintendo hasn't specified a launch month and then delayed for 20ish years IIRC.

It's not impossible or anything, but yes, there's no recent precedent for it. They haven't even specified a fiscal year and then delayed a launch since then (though that's clearly what they should have done with 3DS, which should have launched three months later with OoT and the eShop at a lower price, but I digress).

I'm thinking February. anything in 2016 hurts 3ds/wii u sales during the holidays.

and in feb they'll tell us that due to them wanting the best lineup possible, the nx launch has been delayed to november 2017.

then GAF people will say, "What's the problem? This is smart! Nintendo doesn't want any droughts, they know they cant rely on third party. So they're gonna delay the system until its ready. Stop being so entitled. Besides, nobody buys consoles in Spring, lol.

Do whatever you need to do Nintendo-san, my body will be ready ^_^ hnnnnnnnnnnngh"

18-Volt

Since there will be no BC on NX, give me a 3DS Micro Nintendo. Full aluminum body, tiny, thin, sleek, better battery. Do it.

maxcriden

You know, being a worldwide Direct and all, I believe this is going to be the venue where they announce the price cut that Trevelyan/SMD leaked several months ago.

I hope so, but I'm uncertain we will get one beyond the bundled cheap N3DS just released. Especially since IIRC JP usually gets price cuts at different times than NA?

Come to think about it, this direct basically indicates that one less hurdle before the NX reveal. Nintendo still needs to sell its 3DS games, and they will be overshadowed by the NX. So they need to show those 3DS games first before showing the NX to the public.

Forkball

There's a ton to talk about for sure. 3DS has a really solid lineup this year and the next. Pokemon alone could take up a good chunk of it.

THEN REGGIE COMES OUT AND SAYS "BEFORE YOU LEAVE I'D LIKE YOU TO STEP INSIDE ONE MORE WORLD FOR NINTENDO GAMECUBE" AND THE NX IS REVEALED

maxcriden

It's not impossible or anything, but yes, there's no recent precedent for it. They haven't even specified a fiscal year and then delayed a launch since then (though that's clearly what they should have done with 3DS, which should have launched three months later with OoT and the eShop at a lower price, but I digress).

Completely agreed on both counts. ☺ The pricing and lineup for 3DS was disastrous.

They better announce the NX Direct at the end. This is no time for games dammit.

I think there's a decent chance they'll do so, what with it being a WW Direct.

Top Bottom