• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Obsidian countdown teaser [Update 2: Kickstarter? One more day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acosta

Talking about the Codex, one member there found this, have we discussed it here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Isle's_Torn

I had completely forgotten about Torn, but it makes a LOT of sense:

""In Torn, the player assumed the role of a wanderer, who was cursed to bring misfortune to people and places around it. Under a king's orders, the player undertook quests to clarify a series of conflicting prophecies. Unlike several other Black Isle Studios games, the game was to take place in an original world titled "Torn" instead of a traditional Dungeons & Dragons location."

Check the wikipedia entry.

(And yes, the Codex is quite a special place, not for everyone I would say but it's a bit softer than some years ago).

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
But what if it's released only on Steam? THEN WHAT?

Then ill have to load up Steam?

pUJrJ.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Talking about the Codex, one member there found this, have we discussed it here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Isle's_Torn

I had completely forgotten about Torn, but it makes a LOT of sense:

""In Torn, the player assumed the role of a wanderer, who was cursed to bring misfortune to people and places around it. Under a king's orders, the player undertook quests to clarify a series of conflicting prophecies. Unlike several other Black Isle Studios games, the game was to take place in an original world titled "Torn" instead of a traditional Dungeons & Dragons location."

Check the wikipedia entry.

(And yes, the Codex is quite a special place, not for everyone I would say but it's a bit softer than some years ago).

That...sounds super cool

Sentenza

Do they still so freely use racial and homosexuals slurs in their forums?
I'm not a very frequent reader (beside for news/articles), so I couldn't point anything specific.
But if you're generally asking if it still is very common for people to act like assholes, then the answer is yes.

Fjordson

I'm so excited about this. If it is indeed a Kickstarter then my wallet has never been more ready.

Are they like NMA and only get excited so they can rage later?
I honestly think The Codex is a little "cheerier" than NMA. NMA can be a soul crushing place. Though this was 3-4 years ago when FO 3 was coming out, might have changed since then.

mclem

Oh man. I don't think that I could handle it now if this is some streamlined console game based on Star Wars, Wheel of Time or whatever.

I'm not sure Obsidian are capable of streamlined.

Edit: Hmmm. That sounded way more insulting than I intended it to be! I hope people take it in the intended manner...

Perkel

Banned
Oh man. I don't think that I could handle it now if this is some streamlined console game based on Star Wars, Wheel of Time or whatever.

Planescape Protocol 2

MMO FPS, with online coop up to 16 players.
2030 year, future weapons tanks.

Big explosions, set pieces.

PS3 and X360 no PC version.

Glass Rebel

This just might be the most exciting countdown this gen. I won't make the same mistake and miss the kickstarter like I did for Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2 or Dead State.

Lancehead

I'm not sure Obsidian are capable of streamlined.

Edit: Hmmm. That sounded way more insulting than I intended it to be! I hope people take it in the intended manner...

That's only because "streamlining" carries excessive negative connotation. Rearranging the skill system in New Vegas was streamlining. And it was a good decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom