• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OoT 3D ad w/ Robin Williams (Up: Zelda Williams on waterfowl marriage/neoGAF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

So this was the "top secret Nintendo thing" that Zelda Williams was filming and many assumed it was live action footage for Skyward Sword? :p

fernoca

maxxpower said:
How old is Zelda? Please tell me she's around the age of 22.
22 next month.

And sorry PS3 fans:

What gadgets do you always bring with you to the set (for down-time?)

In an ideal world I'd bring my Xbox 360, steal someone's Wi-Fi and play Halo 3 or Katamari Damacy all day, but then I'd never get work done. As it is, my laptop and my Bose headphones are usually enough.
Though that's from 2008, maybe sh'e with Reach now. :p

Solune

Cranzor said:
I didn't know Link was a real name until I read To Kill a Mockingbird. One of the characters is named Link Deas. I think the book was written in the 50s. I've never heard it outside of that.

Anyway, great commercial. Sucks we couldn't get it here in the US.
Link isn't so bad considering you can shorten Lincoln to Linc or Link, they do it in Prison Break!

Ifrit

pulga said:
I love Zelda, she's a total geek <3 from her twitter:

“@zeldawilliams: First thoughts on Xmen First Class: exactly WHICH first class is this?! Angel was part of the NEW school & Havoc is older than cyclops now?”

“@zeldawilliams: They could've at least chosen fun mutants if they were gonna mess with the canon like that. How about the Cable or Scarlett Witch? #XmenFail”

“@zeldawilliams: And totally meant 'Cable' and 'the Scarlett Witch'. #ZeldaFail”

*swoon*

Dayum, not even my male friends know that shit

heringer said:

:O

0299_hmx6.gif

I imagine the CG commercial working much better to lure kids (which is probably in Nintendo's interest now for the 3DS), while this commercial appeals for adults.

ShinNL

Chinner said:
sending her a letter now, hopefully she will marry me!
Dear Zelda,

I am a lonely internet male and I have just recently learned of your existence in a Zelda Commercial! Lol! After stalking your twitter account, I have come to the conclusion that you would make an excellent waifu.

Obviously I'm sure you get many Links (Lol!!!!) that try to tri-force your heart (lmao!). What makes me different? Well I'm a 22 year old male and these are the things I have accomplished with my life so far:

From

Chinner.
Hahaha, too awesome.

remnant

Banned
SeanR1221 said:
She briefly mentions she was made fun of in school. I just feel it's creepy to do that to a child.
Oh wow it must have been hell being named after a princess and being in a rich family. Woe is her.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That beard is magnificent.

I like this commercial better than the US/Canada one. Their bonding made me smile. It was sweet.

Chet Rippo said:
Hahahahahaha! Brilliant. Exactly what was going through my mind while watching that.

legbone

that seals it. gotta pick up zelda now and give it the ole poke and rub with the stylus. oh, i guess i'll buy the game too.

Loved it! Robin is my fav live-action actor!

That beard really depresses me as it makes him look so old (he's 59, he looks at least 10 years older), and losing Dom DeLuise (he was 75, looked WAY younger) was heart-shattering, losing Robin, I don't think I could take that. :(

Knowing your fav actors are getting old, man. :(

linkboy

Hero of Legend said:
Loved it! Robin is my fav live-action actor!

That beard really depresses me as it makes him look so old (he's 59, he looks at least 10 years older), and losing Dom DeLuise (he was 75, looked WAY younger) was heart-shattering, losing Robin, I don't think I could take that. :(

Knowing your fav actors are getting old, man. :(

I know, look at Bill Murray

bill_murray_2996555.jpg

We seriously need to invent time travel so we can go and bring back 80s Bill Murray.

maxxpower

"He doesn't always play video games, but when he&#65279; does, he prefers The Legend of Zelda."

Lol youtube comments are always spot on.

bengraven said:
Zelda Williams was named after Princess Zelda was named after Zelda Fitzgerald.

Seriously.
Yes. I know this. I don't know if there's a Zelda that predates Zelda Fitzgerald, or if she had a unique name.

Wikipedia:

Zelda is a nickname for the feminine name Griselda which means "dark battle".[citation needed]

That was on the cheesy side but it put a smile on my face. :) Robin Williams is sporting quite a beard there. He really needs to do more voice acting.

Flavius

Anyone else feeling old as fuck because you remember back when word got out that Robin Williams had named his daughter after Zelda, like, shortly after her birth?

Just me???

Ugh...just fit me for an afghan, a rocking chair, and a dozen cats, please.

Haunted

(named after the princess!)

Understandable. Yeah, Zelda is that good.

also, Dudebro ain't got nothing on that beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom