• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch Event: Year of the Rooster (Lunar New Year) (Jan 24-Feb 13, CTF mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strakt

the patch that's on PTR right now, you mean? That will likely be out the week before this hits or the same week as?

yea it should of been out ages ago. we've had this meta since end of nov/early december.. playing the same 5-6 heroes EVERY game gets boring after a while.. especially when they're all tanks, healers, or soldier.

Phu

Banned
New DVa skin might be new favorite DVa skin.

yea it should of been out ages ago. we've had this meta since end of nov/early december.. playing the same 5-6 heroes EVERY game gets boring after a while.. especially when they're all tanks, healers, or soldier.

You could always not play the meta to a T. Just watching the few high level/pro people that I do I see people even that high mixing things up.

ramyeon

I really want to see the reaction from this from the perspective of chinese and korean players. now if I could only find a place they chat about this and then wish i could understand their languages
D.va skin, at least, is pretty faithful culturally speaking. Most comments on the Korean Overwatch Facebook are flipping out about her wearing a Hanbok and commenting about how good she looks.

LiK

the fact that D.va isn't in a skintight outfit def shows they put more work into it. looking forward to seeing how it flows during the game.

Apathy

D.va skin, at least, is pretty faithful culturally speaking. Most comments on the Korean Overwatch Facebook are flipping out about her wearing a Hanbok and commenting about how good she looks.

Well thank you for that. I love hearing about what other regions think about the game.

Apathy

reddit overwatch had to point out that it's the first skin that shows off d.vas legs. that was a kinda weird post for sure

Both of those skins look excellent. Mei's especially, it's rare to see the flashiness and stylistic flair of traditional Chinese clothing shown off on a female character.

mollipen

Dat D.Va

jeHkZgy.gif

Holy shit that D Va. skin. I love her Legendaries but that is amazing. Luckily I have more than enough coins if I end up not getting it.

Im hoping Hanzo and Widow get a Legendary.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So which hero is going to get the voice line, 'Yeah they come to snuff the rooster you know he aint gonna die'

ramyeon

D.va will definitely be getting a 새해 복 많이 받으세요 line (Happy New Year in Korean).

Strakt

I'm sure the art team had a lot of input on balancing changes.

/s

Its awesome that overwatch is getting these cool content updates ( i spend money on lootboxes everytime), but the fact that the game between dec 1 - jan 24th has only received skin updates is very disheartening. Making small balances throughout the season would be better than making a big patch 2 months later. I'd rather decay from grandmaster than play another game with dva , reind, road, ana, soldier , lucio/zen or 4 tanks 2 healers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom