• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PBF comic - "Metamorph-Assist"

OrMhImG.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjfkynJ4hbI

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jeez Louise, that's morbid. The fact that the spider used its web to stick the flower petals on is a nice touch. #SponsoredBySpiderManHomecoming

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, so did the PBF dude see the reactions to the past dozen or so unfunny comics, and decided that he was now making them intentionally unfunny, so that this would be some big meta-joke over all of us?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Okay, so did the PBF dude see the reactions to the past dozen or so unfunny comics, and decided that he was now making them intentionally unfunny, so that this would be some big meta-joke over all of us?

Yes that is exactly what has happened.

"This is not funny even a little bit!!" cry people who didn't even get what the joke was supposed to be. What.

Comic is great, gets darker the more I think about it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I can't tell if this is serious or just REALLY meta, like, 2 Dan Harmons worth of meta.

The spider is free market capitalism, and how corporate evil likes to don a hood of moral and social responsibility, but in reality that hood is made from the same material as the KKKs hoods: Silk which is what the Spider (corporations) produces to trap the Caterpillar (the consumer) in a web (of endless consumption) for things we don't even need.

Pretty clever stuff.

Oblivion

It's a play on the word metamorphosis..... you can't be serious right?

Well obviously the spider is lying about assisting in the metamorphosis.

Seriously?

more like "Oblivious", eh guys?

Lmao at the people not understanding this

"This is not funny even a little bit!!" cry people who didn't even get what the joke was supposed to be. What.

Comic is great, gets darker the more I think about it.

I can't tell if this is serious or just REALLY meta, like, 2 Dan Harmons worth of meta.

Looks like this spider caught himself a bunch of flies.

How ironic.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Looks like this spider caught himself a bunch of flies.

How ironic.

Yes. The spider is catching insects in his web in the comic. I'm not sure if they're flies though.

Do you need anything else verified from this comic?

Will nobody here acknowledge that this is about spiders killing spiders?
LOOK AT THE SECOND PANEL, SHEEPLE.
It clearly has 8 legs. Just pretending to be a bug.

Let's be real, it's not like PBF was a constant knockout machine in the past. There's like 8 strips everyone keeps posting as meme fodder and the rest are largely forgettable, just like this strip.

What the hell is going on in this thread?

"I don't get it"
"This isn't funny"
"That's not even a caterpillar"

It's straight forward and funny.

A typical insect sees a caterpillar to butterfly metamorphosis and wishes he could do it.
A spider cashes in on the craze by disguising himself as a butterfly who can help average joes make the transformation by bundling them up.

The insect is having fun being tied up into what he thinks will be a cocoon which will transform him into a beautiful flying butterfly, but he's actually just the spider's dinner.

End

woopWOOP

I checked out the PBF site for old times sake just yesterday

A whole lot of their comics are unlisted now (but can still be found on the site with search engines for some reason), what's up with that?

"I don't get it"
"This isn't funny"

A typical insect sees a caterpillar to butterfly metamorphosis and wishes he could do it.
A spider cashes in on the craze by disguising himself as a butterfly who can help average joes make the transformation by bundling them up.

The insect is having fun being tied up into what he thinks will be a cocoon which will transform him into a beautiful flying butterfly, but he's actually just the spider's dinner.

End

But how can I understand the deeper meaning if there spiders doesn't have the word "Trump" printed on it?
(also, the butterfly is greatness, the bug is the people, the flower petals is empty promises, the silk represents political action that seems to help but hurts, and the dead bugs probably have meaning too!)

I checked out the PBF site for old times sake just yesterday

A whole lot of their comics are unlisted now (but can still be found on the site with search engines for some reason), what's up with that?
Like which ones?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's a social-meta-pan-commentary on the dangers of the world wide web and advertising. They offer us a promised land but will send us to the promised land instead.

Deep.

"I don't get it"
"This isn't funny"

End

The hanging corpses of previous prey is a nice touch

Oblivion

Also, that's not a smiley face.... the dots are protruding. And there are 8 of them.

I saw your edit before you deleted the post though.

Yes. The spider is catching insects in his web in the comic. I'm not sure if they're flies though.

Do you need anything else verified from this comic?

Why'd you delete your "ooooooooh I get it" post though?

Amir0x did that once and he's in jail now.

Look, there was some initial confusion due to insect yelling "tighter!!" that slihgtly threw me off. It ain't that hard.

Now can we please go back to discussing the comic itself? Thx.

edit: and I deleted that post for the benefit of the other posters in this thread. If there's anything I'm guilty of, it's being the bigger man.

Top Bottom