• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Planetside 2 Screens on [PC]

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
No need for a new thread. There was a heck of a lot of deception with various games and trailers but that happens every year, from almost every major publisher and their released screens and trailers.
But Eurogamer said those two things ran on actual PS4 hardware. If that is false then Eurogamer needs to be called out for falling for it, as they should know better and Sony and Ubisoft for deceiving their potential customers.

With a logo like this, you know you can trust them!

logo.png

I mean, the dragon is winking at you, how could you not believe everything it says it?

Ugh I've been duped... I guess we should close this thread then

I'll tell my future children to never trust dragons again

Wow, looks amazing. You can really tell that they're pushing the PS4 in those shots, they're clearly making good use of the jump to 8GB GDDR5 RAM which isn't that surprising considering that they're a first party studio.

Ryoku

Wow, looks amazing. You can really tell that they're pushing the PS4 in those shots, they're clearly making good use of the jump to 8GB GDDR5 RAM which isn't that surprising considering that they're a first party studio.

Goddammit Horse Armour, lol.

StevieP

Banned
But Eurogamer said those two things ran on actual PS4 hardware. If that is false then Eurogamer needs to be called out for falling for it, as they should know better and Sony and Ubisoft for deceiving their potential customers.

Things that are deceptions come out eventually - when you're playing the game. Just learn not to believe everything you see instead. You don't have to look far into the past with either (or any) company. For example, watch dogs has been downgraded in a whole bunch of ways since its initial high end PC reveal. And the frame rate on the new consoles is still not maintaining 30.

Battlefield 4 "on Xbox one" at e3 was running on the highest end amd 8 core CPU, 16gb of memory, and 2 crossfired 6gb 7990s. I haven't seen anyone in the press call anyone out for it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It looks as good as the PC game on my machine, and I play it at max/near max settings.

I really think people are going to be happy with this gen.'

edit: oh...

The real question is what could they have done if they had 9 gigs of GDDR5 RAM. Man, they really blew it with the ram situation next gen...

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Things that are deceptions come out eventually - when you're playing the game. Just learn not to believe everything you see instead. You don't have to look far into the past with either (or any) company. For example, watch dogs has been downgraded in a whole bunch of ways since its initial high end PC reveal. And the frame rate on the new consoles is still not maintaining 30.
I think a downgrade over the life of a game's development is accepted (not liked) and expected. See BioShock: Infinite or Far Cry 3.

There is a difference when you claim that a game is running on a console and it isn't true. That's why I think it would be good if people that know about the foul play that took place are revealing this.

sp3000

Ugh I've been duped... I guess we should close this thread then

I'll tell my future children to never trust dragons again

You added screenshots that weren't even on that site. So either you knew it was a fake or were deliberately trying to cover yourself up.

You added screenshots that weren't even on that site. So either you knew it was a fake or were deliberately trying to cover yourself up.

I got these screens from a forum that later linked it to this website... So Yes It is completely my fault for jumping the gun and I will take all responsibilities for my actions... I'm really sorry GAF my hype for this game made me delusional therefore making me not check my sources if they where creditable... I've flew to close to the sun and got burnt... Awaiting punishment ;(

I shall also never post a thread again and will accept a ban in posting if presented

VanWinkle

So where did those gameplay screenshots come from? I didn't see them at the link. If it looks like that on PS4 (and I don't think it's unrealistic to expect otherwise), I'd be VERY happy.

So where did those gameplay screenshots come from? I didn't see them at the link. If it looks like that on PS4 (and I don't think it's unrealistic to expect otherwise), I'd be VERY happy.

http://gamrconnect.********.com/thread.php?id=156117&page=467

Place also had the new Infamous Screens, researched for source and came across this website
http://blog.gamingdragons.com/2013/0...side-2-on-ps4/

Yet again I take all responsibility for not finding a creditable source I just assumed they could be true

the gaf screenshot is funny, instantly recognised it from the screenshot thread:p
Game junnalism...
They did mention at the SOE briefing at E3 that planetside 2 ps4 version would be like planetisde 2 on ultra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysyxOknXi6I

...Not defending the website anyway

Sure it will , with the render distance set to 500 maybe.
If it takes a 4.5 ghz quad core i5 to play the game at 60 fps (which is several times more powerful) , then a 1.6ghz jaguar is going to just shit itself.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
this blog shows great insight. the regular PC version running at 4k is probably a decent estimate of what a supercharged PC like the PS4 can do.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I was gonna say this doesn't look too impressive for a PS4 game. Can't wait to see what it looks like on next gen hardware.

Qassim

this blog shows great insight. the regular PC version running at 4k is probably a decent estimate of what a supercharged PC like the PS4 can do.

Imagine if they gave it the infinite power the Xbox One has. Infinite player battles! 2000? Meh.

Ryoku

Isn't there an .ini tweak to make the textures look better? By default, they didn't look pretty good on my PC.

I believe it was set texture quality value to 0. But they've added "ultra" textures a while back in the in-game settings, so it's pointless now.

GodofWine

Sure it will , with the render distance set to 500 maybe.
If it takes a 4.5 ghz quad core i5 to play the game at 60 fps (which is several times more powerful) , then a 1.6ghz jaguar is going to just shit itself.

i thought they had a shit ton of optimization to due for multicore processors still...not saying its gonna be ultra on ps4 but upper mid at a locked 30fps with a serious draw distance is probably doable.

Even if its mid to mid low, the scale of the game justifies it...it will be a unique offering on consoles for sure.

Now Im gonna load it up on my wheezing laptop and see if there are any updates..

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No, but it would be awesome to see it look like that at 60fps.

I wonder what framerate they're targeting.

I'd be shocked if they were targeting 60 since they said they were aiming for Ultra settings visuals. I just hope it's a steady 30 without tearing.

Top Bottom