• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Revealed- Salandit

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
However it could still be "legit". The whole "rather than names they're just descriptions" really screams of "king of fighters xiv leak".

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I have a good feeling about it honestly too.

Anyway Cresselia said this:

It isn't a Pokedex leak. No names were named, some Pokemon are mentioned, but they were all being "described" instead of named.
e.g. Rockruff was referred to "the rock dog".

If you're reading this sorry for putting pressure on you. :/

I have no idea why people resort to such hostility and insulting calling so damn quickly on the internet. The dude apologized but still. Its really so sad to see.

Edit: its almost like how everything has to be the best or worst-there is no shades of grey anymore (.i.e saying I dont like this Pokemon as opposed to saying this Pokemon is the worst pokemon ever, is egregious, etc.) but i digress

We haven't had "real" evolution to previous Pokemon in a decade.

It's crazy, when you think about it.

Sylveon is three years old.

I'm really hoping we do. It almost seems like game freak takes their continuity too seriously with evolutions. No Pokémon ever evolves in a way that would have been possible in a previous gen. (Leafeon with a leaf stone for example) So I sort of think they don't want to evolve any more because of eviolite. I know the fan base has had this argument of whether or not this is true before, but I really hope it's not a deciding factor.

Watch Da Birdie

No harm done, he was right as far as I'm concerned I did over-hype things.

No harm done, he was right as far as I'm concerned I did over-hype things.

A list describing all (or a lot of) gen vii pokemon is still pretty hype inducing names be damned. Sure it adds more credibility to have the names but apparently a few the descriptions have been right.

If this was a list that has been disproven or yet to be proven(which doesnt seem to be the case), then id say you jumped the gun.

To repeat again, one vague hit doesn't make an entire collection real.

If it turns out to all be true then fine, but there is nothing to go on right now aside from that one hit. It is entirely possible to turn guesses and inferences into 'leaks', and if you're wrong then the internet forgets about it in a few weeks/months.

Watch Da Birdie

There are two things mentioned in the list that, if this came legitimately two weeks ago, it got three things possibly right...

it mentions a Riding System, which we saw in the screens last week, and Rockruff evolving into a werewolf which ties into the lore of it howling at the moon before it evolves which we also learned about just last week

By the way, someone on /vp/ translated the list...

so 4 guardians confirmed. The bracelet can allow strengthening of "skills" (not sure what skill refers to) which can fit many types of "ores" which need to be collected. They are similar to megastones and a limited one can transform ash-greninja. New ridding system allow all pokemon to be ridden.
The map has many cities which contain powerful pokemon call "tyrants" (or maybe area boss?).
New news, there's a fire/poison lizzard. boulder dog becomes werewolf. new shroom pokemon, snowman pokemon, a ball throwing monkey, see cucumber pokemon, dolphin pokemon, Final starters are respectively bow assassins, wrestler, and sea clown(?).
Newly leaked marshadow is the new "illusion beast" (not sure if it means mystical pokemon or legendary), with a special typing.

.JayZii

Banned
by the way the sources in question are here, here, here and here

like say,
Rockruff werewolf
Sea cucumber pokemon just rings true to me for some reason. Still not 100% sure on those pokejungle leaked final evolutions, though.

Though, if Litten's final form and what you put in spoiler tags turns out to be true, you'll have a new avatar in no time. Bara power!

Boss Doggie

And it just affirms my decision on being TeamLitten.

If it turns out to all be true then fine, but there is nothing to go on right now aside from that one hit. It is entirely possible to turn guesses and inferences into 'leaks', and if you're wrong then the internet forgets about it in a few weeks/months.

Definitely.

I remember the KoF leak not being entirely accurate too.

Kinsei

Banned
There are two things mentioned in the list that, if this came legitimately two weeks ago, it got three things possibly right...

it mentions a Riding System, which we saw in the screens last week, and Rockruff evolving into a werewolf which ties into the lore of it howling at the moon before it evolves which we also learned about just last week

By the way, someone on /vp/ translated the list...

so 4 guardians confirmed. The bracelet can allow strengthening of "skills" (not sure what skill refers to) which can fit many types of "ores" which need to be collected. They are similar to megastones and a limited one can transform ash-greninja. New ridding system allow all pokemon to be ridden.
The map has many cities which contain powerful pokemon call "tyrants" (or maybe area boss?).
New news, there's a fire/poison lizzard. boulder dog becomes werewolf. new shroom pokemon, snowman pokemon, a ball throwing monkey, see cucumber pokemon, dolphin pokemon, Final starters are respectively bow assassins, wrestler, and sea clown(?).
Newly leaked marshadow is the new "illusion beast" (not sure if it means mystical pokemon or legendary), with a special typing.

A
DOLPHIN????

*Ahem* I may have to rethink my starter choice if it's a water type.

I hope that
riding any Pokemon replaces surf in the field. I wanna ride my dolphin through the water!

L Thammy

The Ghost/Fighting Pokemon (which I'm just assuming they're going to make) should have a new move where it rips offs its face and breathes fire at the opponent

If the leak is real, the
ball-throwing monkey should totally be poo themed.

4G part can be inferred from Tapu Koko explicitly mentioned as the guardian of Melemele Island, and there being 4 islands.

Rockruff thing can be inferred from its lore description.

Note that starter finals are assumed, and not the 2nd forms (which you'd think they'd be aware of first). And they just happen to be the ones from that fake-looking stylesheet that was passed around a while back. Suspect.

Marshadow was trademarked around the same time as Solgaleo and Lunala, so it's no surprise that it is in the same category as the legendaries.

It wouldn't be be a stretch to assume riding would be coming back.

Platforms everywhere (as well as the important battle in the E3 footage taking place on a platform) implies that important battles take place on them - wouldn't be too shocking.

No real comment on the stone stuff, since it'll be clear later what that's all about - I expect we'll hear about the new mechanics either this month, or next month.

As for the general descriptions (without types or names) - no idea. We'll see.

Eh. Even if the timing's legit, I'm not overly convinced- there seems to be a lot of obvious joining of the dots there, and not a lot that's all that outrageous or out-there.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Realllly hope not for popplio. The road to november is gonna be long lol.

Popplio evo looks like that "what's the matter brother, our parents won't be home for a couple of hours" dog meme.

Boss Doggie

again it doesn't make the art legit, but the motifs would probably be close

somehow a leaf owl was big in 2ch and /vp/ a few weeks before the trademark leak

Watch Da Birdie

again it doesn't make the art legit, but the motifs would probably be close

somehow a leaf owl was big in 2ch and /vp/ a few weeks before the trademark leak

I'm pretty sure that only started after the trademarks since the name made it clear it was an owl.

Of course one could say a Grass-type owl starter became popular thanks to Cactowl.

There's a second possible hit

The werewolf thing seems kind of interesting. Rockruff or whatever his name is, is implied to get more vicious under a full moon and needs to leave its trainer for awhile before evolving.

Sounds a lot like a werewolf to me, and this came out after the leak.

Maybe - that said, it remains to be seen.

Also, is there any proof of when the posts were made? All I see are screenshots - gonna need time-stamped links to forum posts, without edit marks, to believe that these posts happened when they happened.

Also also, "every Pokemon can be ridden"? including the shortest of the short mons all the way to behemoths? From what I've seen, since XY mons have been roughly scaled to their actual size within and outside of battle, so I doubt it'd be everyone.

As for Rowlet, from the trademark name (Mokuroh) you could tie that to moku (tree) and fukurou (owl), so I'm not surprised roothoot gained traction.

Not

Banned
Every single Pokémon they've revealed has coaxed an "ugly" from at least one person

We get it, you don't like new stuff

Anura

I like this guy a lot, I hope he doesn't get ruined on evolution like sandile (and most gen 5 pokes in my opinion)

Top Bottom