• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer revealing the final starter evolutions & more

Seil

I'm not sure grass is going to be the fastest this gen for some reason, it's totally going to have its physical attack up pretty high like you've suggested though. Ghost physical attacker + grass moves and stab is such a badass concept in my head

If Decidueye isn't the fastest, it got robbed considering it's the only one whose speed is given any focus.

"In a tenth of a second, Decidueye plucks an arrow quill from within its wing and sends its hurtling toward its target. Its speed is astonishing, but not more so than its precise aim, which enables the arrow quill to pierce a target through and through from half a mile or more away!"

Speed and precision seem to be its whole "thing". And go hand in hand with its other assassin-style qualities like masking its presence.

Derwind

Taking a guess at stat spreads for the starters:

Decidueye

75 hp
105 attack
75 defense
90 special attack
75 special defense
110 speed

Incineroar

85 hp
115 attack
90 defense
75 special attack
80 special defense
85 speed

Primarina

80 hp
75 attack
85 defense
115 special attack
100 special defense
75 speed

Since Rowlett is going to be my starter, I hope this is true.

Hopeford

I can't decide between Robin Hood and Wrestlemania Fire Thing. Love them both.

...Who am I kidding. I'm gonna get one then keep wonder egging until I get the other.

Delio

Decidueye

75 hp
105 attack
75 defense
90 special attack
75 special defense
110 speed

Incineroar

85 hp
115 attack
90 defense
75 special attack
80 special defense
85 speed

Primarina

80 hp
75 attack
85 defense
115 special attack
100 special defense
75 speed

Cant wait for Incineroar to clock people thinking it will be slow as dirt.

Decidueye

75 hp
105 attack
75 defense
90 special attack
75 special defense
110 speed

Incineroar

85 hp
115 attack
90 defense
75 special attack
80 special defense
85 speed

Primarina

80 hp
75 attack
85 defense
115 special attack
100 special defense
75 speed

I'm hoping Decidueye gets

+ 15 to 20 points in speed
+ 10 to 15 in attack
- 15 from special attack
- 10 from sp.defense and defense or whatever to make up for the increase to attack and speed

I want a more specialized speedster instead of another mix Greninja.

I think Primarina bulk will be higher than any of her attacks.

Incineraor may be just a tad slower with maybe a higher attack or defense.

Above is just my opinion and hope for Decidueye.

I just dont see Decidueye being the fastest of the trio. Then again i could be clocked and they fuck up Incineroar's stats that much.

Incineroar's design started to focus on his upper body in his second evolution. Judging from the Pokédex entries it clearly said Decidueye is very fast while Incineroar is more of a heel and dirty tactics, they even gave a example by stating he sometimes attacks opposing trainers. At best I think Incineroar base speed can be at 100 but I don't see it.

Delio

Incineroar's design started to focus on his upper body in his second evolution. Judging from the Pokédex entries it clearly said Decidueye is very fast while Incineroar is more of a heel and dirty tactics, they even gave a example by stating he sometimes attacks opposing trainers. At best I think Incineroar base speed can be at 100 but I don't see it.

I dont trust Pokedex entires when it comes to stats we dont know. So I will just wait for the full games then.

STUFFING YOUR FACE AS USUAL

Took me a bit longer than I'd like to admit to get this one...
bbd.png

(couldn't find a source for this one, searches mostly turn up 4chan)

Azuran

Banned
I don't understand how you can NOT believe that there aren't multiple universes. I mean, it was confirmed in in-game text, which is the most official source there is. You can not like it, and I know many people don't, but there really isn't anywhere to argue against it.

And also, Pokémon has always been about alternate universes. That's how I always understood version differences. Not to mention that every save file is its own alternate universe, since the actions of one player are never equal to another one's actions.

I don't know why you're so surprised. It's been known for ages that Pokemon fans love to ignore the truth when it doesn't fit their ideals of what the games should be like. That's why you see lots of dumb sentiments like Pokemon or events that "shouldn't exist"

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't know why you're so surprised. It's been known for ages that Pokemon fans love to ignore the truth when it doesn't fit their ideals of what the games should be like. That's why you see lots of dumb sentiments like Pokemon or events that "shouldn't exist"

GEN 1 are the only games
/s

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else but GameXplain kind of bring up a good point in their gym theory video. Even if they aren't actually gyms, the 7 empty lots on the map along with the 7 trials and 4 kahunas adds up to the number of types in the game. We already know Ilima gives you the Normal Z crystal.

https://youtu.be/zZqVPiY1yVk

I do think they'll be different trainers and not existing trial captains though. The video goes over some leaks (not the datamined stuff, just older leaks) so don't watch if you don't know about them.
What leak said the kahunas would be the E4?

Primarina

80 hp
75 attack
85 defense
115 special attack
100 special defense
75 speed

According to GameXplain, who played the first 2-hours of he game, Popplio's stats favors its defenses, so I expect it to have stats like Meganium. I'd probably go:

Decidueye
HP: 75
Atk:105
Def: 65
SpAtk: 95
SpDef: 75
Spe: 115

Incineroar
HP: 90
Atk:120
Def: 70
SpAtk: 100
SpDef: 70
Spe: 80

Primarina
HP: 100
Atk: 65
Def: 100
SpAtk: 90
SpDef: 110
Spe: 65

IHaveIce

Banned
All I need is a good postgame better said a long one.
Let me choose the difficulty right at the first playthrough

Best thing would be more saveslots, but for some reason Gamefreak still lives in the early 2000s and get away with it

Mr-Joker

Banned
Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else but GameXplain kind of bring up a good point in their gym theory video. Even if they aren't actually gyms, the 7 empty lots on the map along with the 7 trials and 4 kahunas adds up to the number of types in the game. We already know Ilima gives you the Normal Z crystal.

I do think they'll be different trainers and not existing trial captains though. The video goes over some leaks (not the datamined stuff, just older leaks) so don't watch if you don't know about them.

Yeah that's an interesting theory and I do hope that it's true as it would be a great way to add more layers to the game and give people who enjoy gym challenges...and hopefully finally give Dark type a gym leader they were due one since gen 2.

Still can't believe that Fairy got one before them. ¬_¬;

lotufo

Neo Member
Eh, you're right.
I was just going to name mine Battery Bug, but I think I got a better name in mind now.
Mine is going to be called CHARJABUS.

Best thing would be more saveslots, but for some reason Gamefreak still lives in the early 2000s and get away with it

The amount of data saved in an individual Pokemon save is absolutely gargantuan; even with memory prices ever coming down, those saves are gigantic. It might be feasible with the Switch cards, depending on engineering.

Mr-Joker

Banned
The amount of data saved in an individual Pokemon save is absolutely gargantuan; even with memory prices ever coming down, those saves are gigantic. It might be feasible with the Switch cards, depending on engineering.

I wouldn't bet on it, the Orre games were on the game cube and even then you were blocked off from copying your save data.

Game Freak stick to one save file per games to encourage trading and breeding rather than allowing players to farm legendary Pokémon, one off Pokémon and one choice Pokémon like fossils or the starters.

RockmanBN

Isnt Primarina supposed to be a tank of some sorts. I remember one of the trailers showing Popplio getting a level up and its hp seemed to be very high for a level 8.

popplio-stats-again-pokemon-sun-moon.jpg

Akainu

I can only get behind the final owl. And that persian...lol. I see i'm not the only one that though of garfield.

I haven't played pokemon since ruby do even do slight gender variants anymore? That water starter is whaaa.

daw (click the images for source)
Cv2PvGIUsAIrVq1.jpg

I was like, "hmm that final image... *scroll up* yep boss dog. XD

Isnt Primarina supposed to be a tank of some sorts. I remember one of the trailers showing Popplio getting a level up and its hp seemed to be very high for a level 8.

I would 100% bet that Primarina is going to be a wall of epic proportions. If they give it Draining Kiss (which would very much match the theme) or, somehow, Moonlight (less thematic but I could see it), then mother of god, it will be the go-to recommendation for new players because it will never effing die. Short of slapping it with a Venoshock while it's Toxic'd or something similar, nothing in the single player would be able to damage it fast enough once it gets rolling like that.

Even then, though, expect the siren seal to be tough as nails.

Gengahrrr

I would 100% bet that Primarina is going to be a wall of epic proportions. If they give it Draining Kiss (which would very much match the theme) or, somehow, Moonlight (less thematic but I could see it), then mother of god, it will be the go-to recommendation for new players because it will never effing die. Short of slapping it with a Venoshock while it's Toxic'd or something similar, nothing in the single player would be able to damage it fast enough once it gets rolling like that.

Miners found out that it learns Aurora Veil, which halves physical and special damage for 5 turns. So, yep, wall role is all but confirmed.

Neiteio

Haven't we seen Popplio learn Draining Kiss on level up? I recall that being among the first pieces of evidence pointing toward a possible Fairy typing down the road.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You talk as if the single player of Pokemon games aren't a complete rollover no matter who you choose.

I hope this theory ends up being true because it combined with the Battle Tree potentially being another PWT would make for a really awesome postgame which has been lacking recently.

Top Bottom