• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Info: I AM THE PRINCIPAL OF ODAYAKAJUKU, HIYAKKI!

Battlechili

Banned
Seems to be a weird situation where no one wants to make it lol. Joe said he would, but then he wouldn't be able to link to his serebii website for the resources die to the rules of self promotion.

I can't play this game until Tuesday night, since my 3ds is back home and I'm at uni. But my copy shipping from best buy actually got delayed until monday anyway, so I'm not too sad. Can't wait; haven't played a mystery dungeon since Red Rescue Team, and I loved it.
Couldn't he just link to other sources then? I mean, this game really needs an OT.

I'd make one if I could, but being a Junior for now I'm limited. I wish someone would make it.

Joqu

Couldn't he just link to other sources then? I mean, this game really needs an OT.

I'd make one if I could, but being a Junior for now I'm limited. I wish someone would make it.

I don't have the time to work on one myself right now but I wouldn't mind posting your OT if you're willing to make one. I'm sure someone else would too.

If you guys are willing to wait some more I might be able to do it myself later tonight or tomorrow though. OT's already late anyway. Or we can work on it together, I don't know.

Actually hadn't realized the game was already in some areas since I'm a Europe person! Really looking forward to this one too, I'm jealous.

Battlechili

Banned
I don't have the time to work on one myself right now but I wouldn't mind posting your OT if you're willing to make one. I'm sure someone else would too.

If you guys are willing to wait some more I might be able to do it myself later tonight or tomorrow though. OT's already late anyway. Or we can work on it together, I don't know.

Actually hadn't realized the game was already in some areas since I'm a Europe person! Really looking forward to this one too, I'm jealous.
I started writing something up. How's this so far? Anything I should add? I'm trying to mimic as closely as possible to how a lot of OTs here are written, although admittedly this is something I've not really done before.

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon |OT|Where You Are the Pokemon
3UCERR2Ktq352u9IZTqnn90IKo15Phbd.jpg

Developer: Spike Chunsoft
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: 3DS
Release date(s):
JP September 17, 2015
NA November 20, 2015
EU February 19, 2016
AUS February 20, 2016

Description:
The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series has existed since 2005, with the release of Red/Blue Rescue Team for the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS. Since then, numerous titles have been released in this semi-successful series, with the newest being Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. In these titles, you are a human that has been transformed into a Pokemon (Oh no!) and now, as a Pokemon you must travel through a series of randomly-generated dungeons in a classic roguelike style, each more difficult than the last, with the help of a Pokemon partner to help guide you through this new world. As you traverse dungeons, you may gain new Pokemon partners to help guide you on your journey and keep you alive as you traverse these dangerous dungeons. Unlike the mainline Pokemon games, these games are much harder and more story oriented than their mainline counterparts, however there are still some similarities to the mainline titles, such as the attacks you can use while going through dungeons and the names of berries you may find. Its not just Mystery Dungeon but with Pokemon.

FAQ:
Q: What type of Pokemon do I get to play as in Super Mystery Dungeon?
A: Through a personality test or by your own choice, in-game you can be Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile, Torchic, Treeko, Mudkip, Chimchar, Turtwig, Piplup, Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott, Fennekin, Chespin, Froakie, Riolu, and Pikachu. Basically, any of the starters plus Riolu and Pikachu. This applies to your partner as well, as he can be any Pokemon you can be, as long as he isn't the same type as you. So you can't be a fire type while your partner is also a fire type, for instance. Although starting out that way would probably be a bad idea anyways.

Q: So what, I'm a Pokemon now? How did that happen?
A: That's part of the story. You'll have to find that out for yourself.

Q: What Pokemon are recuitable to be a part of my journey?
A: All of them! As of Super Mystery Dungeon, you can recruit any and all 720 currently existing Pokemon!

Q: What about evolving? I will evolve like in normal Pokemon games, right?
A: Actually, you can't evolve until after you've beaten the game and have made it to post game. Don't worry, there are story reasons for this, but even so that shouldn't deter you. Even as a starter you can still be pretty powerful in combat.

Looks fine. If it does not get posted tonight, I will make one tomorrow morning.
Should mention that you can evolve post-game and that question answers affects your partner as well in the FAQ.

Battlechili

Banned
Looks fine. If it does not get posted tonight, I will make one tomorrow morning.
Should mention that you can evolve post-game and that question answers affects your partner as well in the FAQ.
All right. I edited it to add that extra information as well.
I do hope it someone makes a thread for it soon. Would suck to have to wait until tonight. The hype is too strong.

Joqu

I started writing something up. How's this so far? Anything I should add? I'm trying to mimic as closely as possible to how a lot of OTs here are written, although admittedly this is something I've not really done before.

All right. I edited it to add that extra information as well.
I do hope it someone makes a thread for it soon. Would suck to have to wait until tonight. The hype is too strong.

Looks good to me!

I'll try and whip up some graphics if you'd like. Won't take too long, I'll send you a PM when I've got something to show. Official site's got some good stuff we might want to include too.

Battlechili

Banned
Looks good to me!

I'll try and whip up some graphics if you'd like. Won't take too long, I'll send you a PM when I've got something to show. Official site's got some good stuff we might want to include too.
Awesome! And yes, please do! I don't think I'd be very good at making some. I'd love to see how they turn out!

Is gender back in the localized version? It's a small thing, I'll admit, but I was rather miffed when the localized version of Gates To Infinity removed gender choices entirely for absolutely no reason.

In a way, no. You can choose your partner's gender, but not your own, and neither you nor your partner are referred to with any gender pronouns. It's a bit lame, since male is the default gender, having a female Pikachu or other starters with female gender differences as the player isn't possible, only the partner.

In a way, no. You can choose your partner's gender, but not your own, and neither you nor your partner are referred to with any gender pronouns. It's a bit lame, since male is the default gender, having a female Pikachu or other starters with female gender differences as the player isn't possible, only the partner.

... Wait, seriously? Granted, it's a half-step forward, but what the bloody hell, NoA?!

Then again, since the EU version is coming much later and NoE usually does their own translations these days, I'm hoping they fix this little fuckup.

Top Bottom