• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Portal game for Switch/PC/PS4/XBO/mobile announced - Bridge Constructor Portal

Maddrical

ロキー;253096302 said:
I wasn't talking about the publishing or money when I referenced Federation Force. Valve is responsible for their IP and who they license/contract it to just like Nintendo is responsible for Metroid. They did a complete 180 of what fans wanted. If they announced this bridge game alongside a new Portal game you wouldn't be seeing any complaints.

I know you weren't but you made the comparison when it's not accurate.This isn't a Portal: Bridge Constructor game, like Metroid Prime: Federation Force. It's a Bridge Constructor game with a Portal theme. Pretty clear distinction there.

ロキー;253096302 said:
Your logic saying that fan complaints aren't justified just because they licensed it is bullshit.

Seems perfectly logical to me. Bunch of gamers being entitled.

wipeout364

I bought it. They had a deal buy it and get the original bridge constructor for free. Anyway I played the first 6 or 7 levels. So far it’s a nice game with a lot of thought put into the use of the license. The game play itself seems solid and I can certainly see it getting very difficult if they choose to go down that road as many of the puzzles involve momentum, jumps, and of course portals.
I would say if you enjoyed world of goo and like portal give it a try.

WaterAstro

lol, reading this old thread and seeing all the Valve comments. They didn't even make it because Valve doesn't make games anymore.

The game is a great bridge constructor game, though. Good use of the IP, though it disappoints the "Valve fan" if there are any left.

Top Bottom