• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic Colors In Game Footage

big_z

since the game is all sonic i might give it a try.

i will admit when watching the demos on gametrailers i had to look to make sure it wasnt a 360 build. game looks great!

My problems with Sonic lately stem from the suspicion that I'm just being led along from one spring to another, grinding rails, shot in any which direction via some epic stunt... it just feels more scripted than a platformer should. Granted, Colors does seem to present a more traditional idea of Sonic, which is a huge plus.

gwiz210

Even with the Warehog levels, I found unleashed to be the most enjoyable Sonic 3D game since Heroes. This could very well be the best 3D Sonic game yet.

Edit: Wow, I should never post on a forum while drunk. Some of those typos were embarrassing.

http://worthplaying.com/event/E3_2010/E3_2010_June_16/75028/

Woah, look at whose writing the script, and what they've written for before:

he first thing we were told about Sonic Colors is that it isn't the usual Sonic plot. Sega has gone out of its way to make the game amusing for players of all ages. Part of how they've done this is by hiring Ken Pontac and Warren Graff to work on the script for the Wii version. They've worked in a number of different shows, including "Lazytown" and "Happy Tree Friends." Sega fans however, will know them better as working on MadWorld. It's a strange choice, but it should lead to something that sits better with Western audiences.

o_O

Gagaman

I like the arcade styling to the sound in the direct feed footage. The announcer voice for when Sonic picks up power ups is very Sega arcade like, then you have that thumping techno music when you're using the power ups.

Looks like they're taking what worked in Unleashed and building on it. I'm impressed, it looks fun. This also shows just how pants the Wii version of Unleashed was, as this looks a lot like the 360/PS3 versions of Unleashed.

Blueblur1

gwiz210 said:
Even with the Warehog levels, I found unleashed to be the most enjoyable Sonic 3D game since Heroes. This could very well be the best 3D Sonic game yet.
I agree with this statement. It's also a beautiful game even though the environments aren't always terribly interesting.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I'm looking forward to this!

Even if it turns out to be a bad game it'll be fun to watch pokecapn, KungFuJesus and the other Sonic 06 LPers do a marathon session if it. :lol

SovanJedi said:
I'm looking forward to this!

Even if it turns out to be a bad game it'll be fun to watch pokecapn, KungFuJesus and the other Sonic 06 LPers do a marathon session if it. :lol

YES!!! :lol

Can't forget NTom64 and FTA at HellfireComms either! :D

Crumpet Trumpet said:
And why are the streets so wide? :lol It's like this started out as a racing game fit for 12 karts or something

The Wii Unleashed had wider streets, particularly the turns so you could use the drift mechanic more.

Kulock said:
The Wii Unleashed had wider streets, particularly the turns so you could use the drift mechanic more.
Oh yeah...I guess because Sonic's so fast now, the games need these type of level designs. I remember back in Sonic Adventure one when Sonic wasn't quite as fast, the level design seemed more...dense. I don't know how else to describe it.

^ Yeah, I thought of F-Zero with some of the footage.

Anyway, I'm very excited for this game for some reason. I haven't been excited for a Sonic game... ever, really! I'm not a Sonic fan. It's amazing that there'll be a DS and Wii version, two separate games, both likely good.

It's just that Sonic Colors looks imaginative, extra colorful, and more fun in its own way. It's also partially because my two favorite Sonic games are Sonic Rush and Sonic Adventure 2.

RobbieNick

Hero of Legend said:
Colors? Were you able to tell if it ran in 30 or 60 frames?
A very solid 30 fps.

The graphics are incredible. The best looking Wii Sonic game yet. You can tell they really worked hard on this one.

I still don't like how when sonic moves slow, his feet don't match his pace at all. It looks plain awkward and slippery. Kind of a big deal to me, considering sonic's main element is running...

But other than that, I'm interested. I love how colorful it is : D.

Septy

RobbieNick said:
Dude, I PLAYED the game. 4 acts over two zones and a boss. The Cycle is broken. It's a very fun game.

Didn't you absolutely love one of the more recent sonic games and try to evangelise about it here?

Top Bottom