• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spider-Man 2 - Story Trailer | PS5 Games

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Edit: Trailer Dropped

The Spider-Men, Peter Parker and Miles Morales, enter new chapters in their lives as they balance their responsibilities as protectors of Marvel's New York. As Harry Osborne, Peter's best friend, returns into his life, and Miles looks to build his future beyond high school, the relationship between our heroes is tested and strained as the Symbiote appears to threaten them, the city, and the ones they love.
blog.playstation.com

F1hV2aHWcAI2QJy

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2: New Story Trailer

New Venom details revealed, and what else we learned from Insomniac Games at SDCC’s Hall H Panel.
blog.playstation.com
blog.playstation.com
"At the beginning of our story, our Spider-Men are at the top of their game," said Paquette. "But both Peter Parker and Miles Morales are struggling with their personal lives. Miles is trying to find time to write his college entrance essay, but he keeps procrastinating and focusing on Spider-Work instead. Meanwhile, Peter is underwater on payments for Aunt May's house, but he can't sell, it means too much to him.

And just like Miles, Peter tries (and fails) to find balance with so many responsibilities. MJ wants to help Pete with the mortgage, but her job is on the line now that J. Jonah Jameson is back at the Bugle and looking to clean house. Our heroes have arrived at a confluence of crossroads, with uncertain futures, and some tough decisions ahead."
When Kraven's hunters arrive in the city, it sets off a mystery of why they are there and who, and what, they are hunting. But as the Spider-Men and MJ dig deeper into Kraven's motivations, the symbiote begins to threaten Marvel's New York and everyone and everything they hold dear.
As many of you noticed in Marvel's Spider-Man 2's Gameplay Trailer from the PlayStation Showcase in May, Peter's new Black Suit affected his personality and gives him new, powerful symbiote abilities. You see bits of that in this trailer as well, and you can see Peter's symbiote powers tax his relationships with Miles, MJ and Harry.
Given how much Miles Morales looks up to Peter for mentorship and guidance, this creates further problems. Beyond trying to figure out what's next for his life, Miles continues to struggle with the death of his father at the hands of Martin Li, aka Mister Negative. As you saw from the trailer, you haven't seen the last of Mister Negative.

Was just shown at SD Comic Con. Should me made public after the panel ends, my guess.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Game looks pretty awesome. Not sure why, but I really dislike the character models. They’re so very uncanny valley. I wish this game took a more stylized approach that would age better.

Larxia

I want to beat miles before this drops but losing steam with it anyone else
I played it very recently, I was disappointed too.
The story is very very short though, so if you focus on it you should actually be done in maybe 4 hours or something, it's super short.

I did side content so I got a lot more play time out of it, about 24 hours, but after Spider-Man 1 which already felt quite repetitive, miles morales felt way too repetitive in my opinion.
I wish it had more unique content rather than all this ubisoft style copy and paste filler content everywhere.

Also I really wish they offered some kind of "pro" swinging mode or whatever, where you have more control with less invisible walls / assists, automated scripts etc, swinging with more risks would be more engaging, more thrills.

Last edited:
Top Bottom