• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From that GC teaser

last2nf0c3.gif

last02508.gif

Replicant

TTP said:
The auto-translation is pretty much truth to the original. They basically say:

- Set in a near future
- Ants infection people. Some die. Some become zombie.
- Infection hits central america first, like texas and new mexico and then, after a hotbed in UK, they propragate to the rest of US (not sure I understand the dynamic here). US President declares allert status.
- Non.authorized experiments conducted in secret installations in south america are the cause of an infestation that hit vegetation first, and then ants.
- Infected ants are aggressive. Se man as a menace.
- First person view

Welp! Unless this is as awesome as DXHR, I suddenly lose interest in the game. HATE FPS.

DasTanK

That was done by the spiders. Amy explained this.

If you look at the dude who got "eaten" by spiders when Talbot got away with the amulet and you have to run away from them (spiders), you will notice that he looks the same way.

Thanks i didn't know she explained it

Nizz

I hope not, I would imagine if God of war 4 dosen't come out next year this could end up being Sony's potential must have for 2012.
GOW4 would make an awesome launch title for PS4 though. I mean, I love God of War and would love to get another PS3 title but I could wait till the next gen for maximum impact.

AAK

It would be kind of sad if SSM created probably one of the best PS3-optimized engines for GOW3 and didn't reuse it for GOW4. Just saying.

I'd throw a party if this is the case but sadly I don't think this one is QD's work.

I think it may be, personally. A cinematic "experience"-type game, a tense, slightly sci-fi story built around a realistic, "modern" base. They're probably making it first person and a bit more action-looking for broader appeal. Reminds me of a western Siren/Silent Hill type of game.

chri5t

I think its obviously Quantic Dream. Sony's got them on Santa Monica's shoulders.

As much as I would love for Quantic Dream to helm this title, I find it highly unreasonable for them to be the dev.

I could never see Cage making a horror game. I would orgasm repeatedly if it were so.

cause of this, stuff you do with a character in one time "frame" can affect others in theirs. For example, you as Guy A can see a blocked door which will be later unlocked by Guy B in the past. So you re-reselect that Guy A chapter again and the door is now unlocked.

holy crap i never thought about that and i've finished the game. what an awesome excuse to play through it again!

I think its Bungie. I didn't think anything of it when I saw them in the credits of uncharted 3 but with the news paper in the game, that has to be it.

I think its Bungie. I didn't think anything of it when I saw them in the credits of uncharted 3 but with the news paper in the game, that has to be it.

Bungie is developing a PC, 360 and PS3 game for Activision. Thats been publicly stated by the company and they are hiring developers for that job. And Bungie is not really a company that juggles two games at a time, especially since their new IP will be a 10 year venture with Activision.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Geoff Keighley said:
Glad you guys are enjoying the teaser campaign for the PS3 Exclusive You Won't Believe. Long planned, and yes, the final trailer delivers.

63259_340.jpg

They helped ND tweak the MP component for Uncharted 2. That's all.

http://i.imgur.com/Bkhyc.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

really? I didnt know that.

Thats nice of Bungie and IW.

especially Bungie because wouldn't they have still been deep inside the Microsoft Machine for most of Uncharted 2's development?

Respawn are listed in U3 instead of IW so I guess maybe they helped test stuff that time around.

I guess it makes sense that MP testing can happen between studios.

Oh god, to think we have another day of this. Almost 2 days. This is reaching e3 levels for one announcement. HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF GEOFF :p

I thought I heard something a few years back about the three studios getting together for a technology swap or something. Maybe I'm crazy.

They do that and more:

Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann explains the end credit list in a live chat with fans: "We try to be quite open with our technology and our process. We exchanged technology and ideas with other developers. We wanted to make sure we thanked everyone that helped us out in some way."

http://www.giantbomb.com/uncharted-...y-thanked-bungie-and-infinity-ward/35-266667/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom