• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New STALKER 2 Screenshots

Topher

Gold Member
From Windows Central:

Enjmt82HWW4WtdKfcZZEsJ.jpg
C4cSB83VtokYejUWpUexNJ.jpg

vp6F56hASjuZneAbEVex9K.jpg
emuYrChZQoufUoGgKN8XaJ.jpg

Updated with Husky Husky 's formatting. Click on image for closer view

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Looks good, especially the first image.

The other images have some minor issues I didn't expect this game would have visually. But still, looks very good!

Topher

Gold Member
It kind of blows my mind they're able to work with a war going on in their own backyard, let alone work at what appears to be a super high quality.

Exactly what I was thinking. For a while there, I really didn't think STALKER 2 would ever be a thing until the war was over.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
The level of detail on the first image is insane and the lighting looks realy good. 2023 gonna be a good year for us graphics whores.

Hope the atmosphere is as amazing as the first games, which, based on the screenshots, it will be.

But I also hope it's more than just "amazing graphics." Better AI, better physics, better world interaction, etc...but I highly doubt it.

FeralEcho

Looks absolutely incredible.Like a true next gen showcase.Made by a team that's dealing with a war in their backyard no less.God bless them and keep them safe!

AAA developers should be embarassed with themselves with the way they've been showcasing this generation.Absolute garbage graphical ambition on the american side of development!

amigastar

Unfortunately no 4k screens from what i can see. Looks awesome, though.
Edit: Nvm they are 4k.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
By the way, you can usually adjust the version of the image a website shows you. Remove .webp, -80 (80% image quality) and -1920/-1200 (resolution setting) to get the full 4K image. These are so beautiful that I'm worried it's gonna get downgraded. I can't wait to play this, I love STALKER so much, and I'm still glad to see the minimap replaced with a compass bar :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:
I'm gonna scale these down cuz I don't like oversized posts, but you can click to expand, or open these in a new tab.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Nanite is absolutely earning its keep in these screenshots.
The geometric density is insane in that first shot.
If I didnt know Unreal Engine could actually achieve this, I would be calling bullshot.
But I believe they can release this.......atleast on PC.

Topher

Gold Member
By the way, you can usually adjust the version of the image a website shows you. Remove .webp, -80 (80% image quality) and -1920/-1200 (resolution setting) to get the full 4K image. These are so beautiful that I'm worried it's gonna get downgraded. I can't wait to play this, I love STALKER so much, and I'm still glad to see the minimap replaced with a compass bar :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:
I'm gonna scale these down cuz I don't like oversized posts, but you can click to expand, or open these in a new tab.

That is definitely better. Updated OP with your formatting. Thanks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks good.

The game also has some MP modes. If the maps look as detailed and grubby as those pics, it'll be sweet.

Last edited:

april6e

For someone who wants to play only one STALKER game QOL modded, which one do you recommend?

When I've looked up this question in the past, the answers are always split equally between Call of Pripyat, Shadow of Chernobyl and the Anomaly mod. The fanbase seemingly doesn't agree at all on a consensus best game.

Last edited:
g30Ek35.jpg

There are no shadows here. And there are many inconsistencies.

But again, these are very minor issues and imperfections that are okay and wouldn't distract players from the game.

It's soft light, like sunlight going through clouds. So the shadows are soft as well. They are there and I can see them.

Again, if it's ray traced, it's giving a accurate portrayal, how you would see in real life.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's soft light, like sunlight going through clouds. So the shadows are soft as well. They are there and I can see them.

Again, if it's ray traced, it's giving a accurate portrayal, how you would see in real life.
It's not really accurate though. For example:
  1. #1 has extremely soft shadows originating from the left side. The body creates a shadow, but the head doesn't.
  2. #2 does not have any shadow at all.
  3. Then #3 also has an incorrect shadow originating from a different direction altogether, as if there's another light source (which isn't the case). It confirms that these are not ray-traced shadows at least.
Apart from the shadow, I feel the lack of ambient occlusion also makes it look worse than it currently is.

But I once again want to reiterate that these are minor issues and not really worth discussing in this detail.

62aCaxl.jpg

For someone who wants to play only one STALKER game QOL modded, which one do you recommend?

When I've looked up this question in the past, the answers are always split equally between Call of Pripyat, Shadow of Chernobyl and the Anomaly mod. The fanbase seemingly doesn't agree at all on a consensus best game.

Yeah we do, and it's simple. I have been a huge S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan for almost 15 years now.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is the best one to start with because it's the most atmospheric and the one that flawlessly eases you into the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It's essential for first time players. You can play it either with ZRP (huge bug fix patch with optional QoL features) if you want to play it vanilla, or with Xpresstuning's Remaster Edition for a graphical overhaul.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is more polished, but not nearly as atmospheric. It feels a little scripted here and there and it also just throws you into the world with little to no lore or additional information. I never liked this one, to be honest, and there's .. really no point in playing it because you can just jump straight into S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly is the absolute best S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience you can possibly have. It is an incredibly polished sandbox which merges all the maps and locations of the entire trilogy into a cohesive experience, also introducing a shit ton of additional layers of mechanics and quests. There are also mods upon mods for it to make it fucking amazing beyond what it currently offers. But, Anomaly is end-game, something to play after you are accustomed to the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R because it is haaard as fuck.

So i think the best way is to finish S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, treat it like a sort of tutorial and introduction to the Zone, and then jump straight into S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly.

Last edited:

samjaza

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly is the absolute best S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience you can possibly have. It is an incredibly polished sandbox which merges all the maps and locations of the entire trilogy into a cohesive experience, also introducing a shit ton of additional layers of mechanics and quests. There are also mods upon mods for it to make it fucking amazing beyond what it currently offers. But, Anomaly is end-game, something to play after you are accustomed to the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R because it is haaard as fuck.
Have reiterate that, Been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. since before release and if you don't come in prepared and already know how the game mechanics work, you will have a terrible time. Especially if you use a mod pack like gamma.

Not to put anyone off, The stalker games are well worth playing through (with just some basic mods).

Vindicator

That bridge seems familiar, wonder if there's some bunker underneath it. Can't wait to return to the zone, been a while since I stopped with Stalker: Lost Alpha, guess there won't be any drivable cars in S2.

Top Bottom