• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "unprecedented" Pokémon game in development (Pikachu-related?)

qq more

Moemon officially brought into canon, first official title is a spinoff starring Pikamoe.

pikamoe0ek2y.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sandfox

Then would that be "gimmick" idea of Mega form to sell Pokemon?

The entire idea of Mega Pokemon is pretty much to give them to popular Pokemon and Pikachu is probably the most popular one. This move would allow them to feature it in the anime, a movie, or a special and sell toys that make them money while continuing the current trend for Mega Pokemon. This happened with Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Charizard X recently, and I'm sure Ash's Charizard is going to become Mega Charizard Y(or both) before this gen is over.

Mr-Joker

Banned
It's properly a stupid Mega Evolution for Pikachu.

We are never getting a crappy Pokémon MMO.

Oh shit... EA Pokemon game

Eh what? I don't see EA name anywhere, unless I am missing a joke here.

Full fledged Pokemon game on Wii U. In fact, Pokemon Yellow remade for Wii U, full 3D.

I want to believe.

Not in a million years.

Free-to-play Pokemon MOBA on WiiU (dat map on dat gamepad!)

Nope.Avi and quite frankly Pokémon wouldn't work in a MMO scene without changing everything that makes the Pokémon games.

ash_ag

Guys.

There is no mention of it being a new or unprecedented game. Please don't get your hopes up.

Well, both Google Translate and AAPF seem to directly refer to a new game.

AAPF's translation:

"In this summer, Ishihawa was in developing the game as ever see. The new game is to change the most popular game character Pikachu. However, there is a possibility to fall the popularity in a moment because Pikachu is beloved by all for long years. So what was his decision in that time ?

Google Translate:

This summer, Ishihara had been working on the development of the game unprecedented. It is a new game of adding hand boldly to character Pikachu the most popular. But the only character that has been loved for many years, there is a risk of losing popularity at a stretch if the poor. At that time, the decision of Ishihara, who defeated you. "

G Translate (Syntaxis Tweak):

This summer, Ishihara had been working on the development of an unprecedented game. It is a new game that adds boldly to the character Pikachu, the most popular character. Because the character has been loved for many years, there is a risk of losing popularity if the change is received poorly. What was Ishihara's decision this time [???]."

JoeM86

Well, both Google Translate and AAPF seem to directly refer to a new game.

AAPF's translation:

Google Translate:

G Translate (Syntaxis Tweak):

Google translate should NEVER be used as a valid translation indicator. I can't speak for AAPF though.

I've asked two of my translators, one of whom lives in Japan and speaks it absolutely fluntly, it just mentions him working on a game and that game could easily be Pokémon X & Y. Besides, even if it does say new game, X & Y are new games.

This is why the Japanese fandom is speculating a Mega Pikachu, too, and not a new game.

It is vague, could go either way, but should NOT be stated as definitely being a new game. I will honestly be surprised if they show a new game on this, but hell...I'm open to it.

Edit: One of the translators is now saying it does say new. Urgh, I hate Japanese at times haha

ash_ag

Google translate should NEVER be used as a valid translation indicator. I can't speak for AAPF though.

I've asked two of my translators, one of whom lives in Japan and speaks it absolutely fluntly, and they both agree that there's no mention of a new game, it just mentioned him working on a game and that game could easily be Pokémon X & Y.

This is why the Japanese fandom is speculating a Mega Pikachu, too, and not a new game.

It wasn't, but it seems to agree with AAPF's one (whose English isn't perfect, but has been trustworthy in the past), as well as his assumption. Also, I assume that XY's development during summer amounted to not much more than polishing, and I doubt Ishihara was really involved. :p

Edit: Ah, good to see that your translator agrees! :D

JoeM86

It wasn't, but it seems to agree with AAPF's one (whose English isn't perfect, but has been trustworthy in the past), as well as his assumption. Also, I assume that XY's development during summer amounted to not much more than polishing, and I doubt Ishihara was really involved.

Still, it's best not to assume at this point.

Plus, the likelihood of a whole new game being revealed on NHK is really slim, especially on a show that is just about successful businessmen.

JoeM86

Just note what this show is, and how unlikely it is we'll see a new game, especially this close to XY launch.

Pokeman: Pikachu Edition 2: Electric Bogaloo: Pocket Fighter: Bros

Million Seller on pre-orders alone.

edit: fuck you guys ruining my terrible joke by saying its probably not a new game. fuck you.

Pikachu gets a manly Mega Evo that ditches the cute and turns him into an Electric-Fighting type. Stars in Pokkén alongside Lucario, Blaziken and Mewtwo.

That's my guess, at least. We already know Pokkén exists in some way, and such a thing would definitely be an "unprecedented" Pokémon game by all means.
This is my prediction as well, as Farfetch'd as it may sound.

Elfteiroh

Still, it's best not to assume at this point.

Plus, the likelihood of a whole new game being revealed on NHK is really slim, especially on a show that is just about successful businessmen.

Yeah, I agree... Considering the show, they may be considering X/Y as new games, and even if he wasn't REALLY all out developing the game this summer, the game was still technically unreleased/unfinished, and I don't think they are above not looking that much into these details.

Sandfox

Just note what this show is, and how unlikely it is we'll see a new game, especially this close to XY launch.

I really doubt there will be an new announcement at this time but its very possible for them to announce the first sixth gen spinoff now for release in a few months.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Guys, what if Nintendo finally accepted Chris-Chan's game ideas he's repeatedly sent in to them?

What if...it's finally happening!

x2AlqMtl.jpg

The game is said to change Pikachu, and Ishihara is worried about how the change will affect Pikachu's popularity. More details should be revealed via the interview

The next game won't be "Z" it'll be "Thunderstone".

Sinople

Sounds like that's the date when the full interview will be shown on TV.

Right, except the show, "Professional", is a documentary series in which is shown how professionals in various fields work and the kind of struggle they're going through.
There's no real interview and I don't expect him talking about the game itself in details, that's not the point here.
It's always interesting to watch, however, and maybe there'll be some little footage and info for fans.

udivision

If they didn't also mention a new game, I'd guess Ash evolving his Pikachu.
...Yeah right haha.

Considering they just introduced a way to evolve a Pokemon and not have it be permanent, Ash evolving his Pikachu is more likely to happen now than ever, as in a Mega Pikachu.

Top Bottom