• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'Watch Dogs 3' Trademark hints at a PS5, Next Xbox release

Shin

Banned
A new discovery reveals a now public Watch Dogs 3 trademark that could hint at a release specifically targeted for the PlayStation 5 and next Xbox.

Thanks to YouTuber 'SkullziTV', a trademark filed back in November has been recently made public and within the filing shows that we probably won't be seeing this game anytime soon or on the current generation of consoles.
The trademark itself is currently pending and as mentioned in the video above, this trademark - though filed last year - didn't pop up until last week, at least not publically. The YouTuber even shared the current trademarks that Ubisoft has currently, including those still in pending status.

What makes this seem like it's a hint for next generation is that it's a new filing all together and not connected at all to previous Watch Dogs trademarks.
As seen in the video going through Ubisoft's database, the "new application entered in TRAM" was processed on December 3rd of last year with the "supplied data" going through on December 17th.

watch-1157782.jpeg

Source:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BwWkOE7-GM
Credit: Comicbook

I don't like using Comicbook as it's a crappy site, but haven't came across this trademark/news/rumor so here it is.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
YES.

watch dogs gets a lot of hate. sure the first one was quite janky but 2 was brilliant. i'm happy they aren't abandoning it and doing a 3rd.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
...Will it be X enhanced? :/
what part about "next gen" did you not understand? it won't be on PS4/Xbox One. Xbox One X will be too weak to run it. IF it does release on current gen you'll be getting down scaled versions. the best place to play will be on PS5/XB2.

Last edited:
4 Year gap eh? Watch Dogs Online incoming with the new map and also bringing back Chicago and San Francisco. Ubisoft would be crazy not to do their own GTA Online.

+ I think WD3 will be cross gen like WD1.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
...Will it be X enhanced? :/
I'd say 99.99% chance of that being the case as pretty much all new games are as enhancement aren't an afterthought anymore.

I guess it needs to be said, some of you are too aggressive towards others and I honestly don't see the need for it.
People make mistakes, I don't see the point in keep attacking someone over something so small, it's silly IMO. :messenger_unamused:

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Talk about beating a dead horse, resurrecting it, beating that dead horse again and resurrecting it a 3rd time just to beat that very same dead horse again.

Aintitcool

Banned
Start of bext gen gonna depress devs, PS4,One, Switch, Pro, X, PC, PS5 , NextBox for multiplatforms, better make the PC version lit but still let the engine run on switch.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
what part about "next gen" did you not understand? it won't be on PS4/Xbox One. Xbox One X will be too weak to run it. IF it does release on current gen you'll be getting down scaled versions. the best place to play will be on PS5/XB2.
Sort your shit attitude out.

It was a dig at UBI for not bothering with the second game on the X.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I was nevee interested in the first two but my son enjoyed 2 a lot and I think a watchdog world realized on next Gen hardware could be great.. I'll give the series a shot with 3. Looking forward to it now.

klosos

am i the only one who thought the first one was better than the second?

I think they are both much of a muchness , both are typical Ubisoft games nice worlds with laughably bad Characters and story's , me am playing through Sleeping Dogs again i would of preferred if a publisher bought the rights to Sleeping Dogs and made a sequel.

Arun1910

am i the only one who thought the first one was better than the second?

Probably one of the few. Aiden was one dimensional, the story sucked, driving was horrible, graphics were also very washed, guns sounded bad.

Watch Dogs 2 at least had a protag with some personality, driving was improved, mission design and hacking were improved, side missions were better.

But that's just my opinion.

However, for Watch Dogs 3, I would not mind going back to Aiden at all, I think he has the potential to be a good character, I just think the story he was given was just bad.

Mokus

Oh no, here we go again! This means that Ubisoft will again massively downgrade the game graphics compared to the trailers.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I seriously doubt it will be next gen exclusive. It will probably be a cross gen title. Too many potential sales will be lost.

scalman

if it will be online with story and AI enemies im on it. i loved both WD when so many hated it . but we need more serious looking and darker games not pinky ones , plz no pink anymore.

Loved part 1, especially the combat. Haven't played 2 yet but I was put off by the colorful normie/hipster aesthetic.

Was quite surprised that the online portion of part 1 is still relatively active.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot there was even a Watch Dogs 2.

Liquid_Snake

Neo Member
Loved part 1, especially the combat. Haven't played 2 yet but I was put off by the colorful normie/hipster aesthetic.

Was quite surprised that the online portion of part 1 is still relatively active.

Lol this is so true about the off putting colourful normie/hipster aesthetic

bilderberg

Really enjoyed the 1st. I had to stop the 2nd one a few hours in. Felt like some children's Saturday morning cartoon.

Outrunner

Amazing! I absolutely never cared for this franchise and sure as hell don't give a crap about another crapy ubisoft game.

YES.

watch dogs gets a lot of hate. sure the first one was quite janky but 2 was brilliant. i'm happy they aren't abandoning it and doing a 3rd.

The first one really wasn't that bad, I think it's a weirdly underrated game at this point. It had a terrible story and a cringey protagonist, but it wasn't a bad time. For as flawed as they are, if you could somehow mix Watch Dogs and Mafia 3 you'd have the best TPS this gen.

dottme

I’m waiting for the E3 trailer that will put to shame the RTX 280 and we will be told that it runs on early version of the PS5/Next Xbox.

And then we’ll discover the truth once it’ll release.

Top Bottom