• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda trademark offers Doom hint, as suggestion of an imminent reveal

Draugoth

Gold Member
doom--1993--hero-img.png

A trademark for what looks to be a new Doom game has resurfaced after originally being filed by Bethesda back in January, as the suggestion of a reveal in a few weeks' time now swirls.

The pending trademark, filed in the US, is titled "IDKFA" - a well-known cheat code used in the Doom series. This isn't the first we've heard of a new Doom game being in development.

A project referred to as "Doom: Year Zero" was named in a release schedule accidentally shared by Microsoft last year, in documents pertaining to its Activision Blizzard FTC court case. (That document also mentioned Ghostwire: Tokyo and Dishonored sequels, which sadly seem likely to no longer be happening.)

Source

Zheph

What does idkfa stand for in doom
its a cheatcode for Doom 1 and 2 meaning I-D-Keys-Full-Ammo

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Would have prefered some gothic-cosmic horror Quake reboot but whatever, DOOM Eternal is one of my favorite FPS games so I'm in.

As long as MS doesn't fuck it up.

Eternal wouldn't allow me to reach the main menu without creating a Bethesda account. I instead deleted the game, ejected the disc, and returned the game back to Amazon.

I couldn't care less about whatever this game may be.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Great, milking it to death... like I said yesterday, id should have rebooted Quake before developing the next Doom. It’s too early for another Doom. What I would expect from a new Doom is a serious leap like Doom 3 was over the original games or like 2016 was over 3. No way this will happen here sadly.

They are about due, wasn't Eternal four years ago? I know COVID, but still. There should be something, even if it's smaller-scale.

The only Doom I'm interested in at the moment is the imminent doom of Xbox. Kill the brand already... it's a cancer on gaming.
Oh Good Lord... :rolleyes: The hyperbole. Cry me a river, man. If a *videogame brand* that you don't even play on is physically or emotionally affecting you that much, you have bigger issues. Go outside.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Doom is game of the year caliber game, we played eternal and it was the best fps game in a while.

FeastYoEyes

I am not entirely convinced this will be Doom but if it is, I am in. Want more environments like in the original games if they can.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Give me a DOOM 3 remake but with 2016 gameplay.

Okay that doesn’t make any sense actually.

night13x

Unfortunately...

M$ is set to lay off the entire Doom staff the day before the upcoming announcement despite the general overall favorable praise and profits the doom francise have given in the past. The big wigs are set to give an all hands on deck meeting with all their owned publishers/developers and ask "why can't we have more games like doom?" as their follow up.

Danknugz

I'd buy it since Doom 3 is still the best Doom entry in the series. I loved the Horror element it had where things just go to crap real quick.
same, no one had any patience with that game, everyone hated on the flashlight too but i actually loved it after i got used to it, to me, the monsters and atmosphere in doom3 were much more in line with the originals artistic vision compared to 2016 and it's sequel. i don't really even consider those doom titles with the forced arena fights and fruity combat encounters much more like quake3 arena with monsters as bots.

SHA

Great, milking it to death... like I said yesterday, id should have rebooted Quake before developing the next Doom. It’s too early for another Doom. What I would expect from a new Doom is a serious leap like Doom 3 was over the original games or like 2016 was over 3. No way this will happen here sadly.
It sounds like they're looking for numbers before making the decision, q1 & 2 should also release on ps5.

Top Bottom