• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Watch_Dogs Trailer - Releasing November 19th, 2013 [Up2: Special Editions Info]

Still really not sure about this. The game looks great in art and technology (though I honestly believe Sleeping Dogs PC is nipping at its heels), and I can dig an open world cyberpunk shooter. But I'm also very wary of Assassin's Creed-like game design, wherein the game is obnoxious bloated with repetitious simplistic quests, binary stat grinding, and a multitude of extra interactive content that ultimately all serve no purpose other than to pad the game with "content", none of which integrated deeply into the overall game design. Like, one big sandbox of crap to do, bloated components that really feel totally compartmentalised and separate from everything else.

Prove me wrong, Ubi. The idea is great, so my fingers are crossed that it delivers.

I don't think they know how to do anything else. Between AC and Far Cry all their open world games are like this. Or maybe it has something to do with the embedded marketers they use, deciding which bullet-point features are necessary to catch the widest audience.

Quentyn

Alex Ross poster

58hfcQ9.jpg

Will there be a Wii version?

Just for kicks make it happen. And put that on 3DS as well.

I want to see where they'd take the game on that kind of hardware, a 3DS version alongside would be great, wonder who'd make that...

Seriously they should just give it a shot, I mean PS2 got uber low-end versions of HD games (that never even came to Wii), Mercenaries 2 comes to mind, A2M/Behavior did the PS2 version.

RPGCrazied

I would guess that the PS4 version is further back in development and thats why so i hope you're wrong, i mean the game looks good for an open world game but its not exactly a huge jump up from something like GTA 5 and i did kind of expect better (i still think the game looks great though).

But all the trailers and footage we have seen so far is from a high end gaming PC, with locked vsync.

Mlatador

Banned
I'm honestly super surprised by the response to this trailer. It features almost nothing of what had made the game seem interesting to beging with.

Also all the action on display looks average current gen quality at best. Some cool kill animations but whatever.

So true. The very first showing implied a new idea and gameplay approach. This, with all the shooting and explosions looks so generic.

RetroStu

Banned
But all the trailers and footage we have seen so far is from a high end gaming PC, with locked vsync.

I'm sure the next gen versions will look just as good but will have a lower framerate than a good PC, i think that would be acceptable for a launch game..

RPGCrazied

I'm sure the next gen versions will look just as good but will have a lower framerate than a good PC, i think that would be acceptable for a launch game..

But I don't care about PS4, not for a long while anyway. I want to see the PS3 version, but am not getting my hopes up though.

jaz013

Banned
I bet WiiU gamers can't wait for the tablet mini games they will have to play everytime they want to hack something.

Do you mean, maybe TYPING and or DRAGGING on the gamepad, instead of the more "realistic" hacking made by holding a button or following a sequence of button taps?

Actually, if the PC version offers some actual "hacking", ie typing commands on a terminal, it may be a deal maker to me.

Everytime I see this game it looks further and further away from that original trailer and more like another generic open world shooter.

RetroStu

Banned
But I don't care about PS4, not for a long while anyway. I want to see the PS3 version, but am not getting my hopes up though.

Shit sorry man, i thought you were on about the PS4 versions, the current gen versions will probably look like shit i'm sorry to say!.

RetroStu

Banned
Do you mean, maybe TYPING and or DRAGGING on the gamepad, instead of the more "realistic" hacking made by holding a button or following a sequence of button taps?

Actually, if the PC version offers some actual "hacking", ie typing commands on a terminal, it may be a deal maker to me.

Yeah thats exactly what i meant, annoying gimmicks.

SJRB

Gold Member
It just wasn't anything interesting, that's all. So incoherent, just a bunch of random flashes of nothing of any meaning.

It pissed me off.

I agree.

1.5 minute of people getting shot/beaten up is NOT what I want to see in a WatchDogs trailer.

Roto13

I agree.

1.5 minute of people getting shot/beaten up is NOT what I want to see in a WatchDogs trailer.

Yup. Everything else I've seen of this game has looked awesome, but that trailer made it look like another open world shooter. If this was my first exposure to the game, I'd write it off right now.

nikos

This is the best footage shown since its reveal IMO. Doesn't look entirely next gen, because it isn't, but I'm curious to see how much better it'll look on next gen platforms.

PhantomR

Banned
I bet WiiU gamers can't wait for the tablet mini games they will have to play everytime they want to hack something.

Are you really going to shit up this thread with these kind of remarks? The game looks amazing. Can we just celebrate that and curb the need to derp it up, please?

i-Lo

It just wasn't anything interesting, that's all. So incoherent, just a bunch of random flashes of nothing of any meaning.

It pissed me off.

This I have to agree with but I suppose it serves as a montage of combat and consequent carnage.

I want to like it. I really do. Everything about it looks awesome but as someone who would buy this for his PC and not his PS3 or PS4, I'm worried given that it's Ubisoft. The only Ubisoft published game that worked flawlessly for me is Rayman Origins. Everything else has had technical issues of some sort. Games like Max Payne 3 and Alan Wake should be the standard for putting multiplatform titles on PC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kinda meh trailer but I understand it's purpose is to pander to the broad audience that enjoys the likes of GTA. Maybe they'll release another that focused solely on the hacking stuff. This one barely touched on it which would lead people to be confused with the tag line IMO.

antitrop

I agree.

There was the part where the guy had his hands in his coat pockets in the graveyard.

There was the part where the guy had his hands in his coat pockets.

And the part where the guy had his hands in his coat pockets.

ki/oon

First time I saw this, I was all "wow, this is next-gen".
Now, not so much. It just looks like a very good looking current gen game.
Maybe it's just me…

I don't know what people expect from 'next gen'

Given the hardware and trying to factor in things like the economy, I expect to see a lot of what we have now with slightly better textures and hopefully much better performance. I'm spoiled on 60FPS but I can let it slide for developers like Naughty Dog or Nintendo if need be.

omonimo

Banned

Given the hardware and trying to factor in things like the economy, I expect to see a lot of what we have now with slightly better textures and hopefully much better performance. I'm spoiled on 60FPS but I can let it slide for developers like Naughty Dog or Nintendo if need be.

Probably you never played with a pc. Even with low spec like to me, you put in the shame ps360 quite easily. I understand a normal customer couldn't notice major difference, but for an hardcore gamer difference between pc/ps360 are became really notable.

Probably you never played with a pc. Even with low spec like to me, you put in the shame ps360 quite easily. I understand a normal customer couldn't notice major difference, but for an hardcore gamer difference between pc/ps360 are became really notable.

PC is actually my platform of choice. I have a PS3 but it collects dust since the All Pro 2K8 servers were taken down.

PSYGN

The motorcycle/car handling and crashes seems a bit cartoony to me. I guess I was expecting more in terms of physics and deformation from a next-gen game, granted this is an early preview and devs haven't had enough time to tap into the machine's full potential.

Depends on who is looking. Some will notice all the upgrades and improvements and for some it will look similar to this gen.

iavi

Pretty standard blockbuuster hype trailer; I like. I'm waiting for the big CG trailer treatment Asscreed always got, though. They were never indicative of the game, but that HYPE.

hatchx

Banned
Game looks incredible, will be picking it up on Wii U.

I don't think they would include extra mini games that aren't in the main game. If anything, the Wii U will have off-screen play and put the map and touch-screen HUD on the bottom screen.

char0n

So beyond hyped for this game, every tidbit seems to feed it. A Cyberpunk-esque open world game is right up my alley and I've been following it since the original announcement with crazy anticipation.

That said, while the trailer does feed my itch for more media about a game I'm already sold on more due to the features not displayed here, it does have a kind of "so this is another GTA clone?" feel to it if you don't take the other media into account. That could be what they're going for though in this marketing piece as they want to do the whole "broad appeal" thing to people who just want another open-world-badass sandbox game and couldn't care less about the info-wars/social commentary/hacking aspects beyond what it lets them do to make a police chase more explodey. Hopefully that's more just reflective of the marketing rather than the gameplay actually being tuned that way.

Top Bottom