• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii U accessories, Nintendo Land + Wiimote, and White 32GB Wii U announced

TunaLover

Someone knows how long is the lifetime of those chargers? $40 for Wiimote charger seems too high considering you can have rechargeable batteries for much less.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Charging took little less than 3 hours if my timing is correct. Bout to go all out and finally start on earthbound. Time to go on a marathon.

Lasdrub

I weighed them with my not so accurate scale. The original battery clocks in around 1.5 ounces I would say, while the new one is roughly double that, at least 3 ounces. This doesn't sound too bad but it feels noticeable when I pick up the gamepad now, as if it's gained some girth. The payoff should be well worth it though

Thanks. The slightest changes in weight can feel very different sometimes.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
How is the battery extension doing? How many hours did you get out of it?

Sorry, just got around to marathoning a few games. I got almost 4 hours of straight game time.

Played with the brightest setting, power save off, rumble on. Games I played were Duck Tales, The Wonderful 101 demo, and Earthbound. Overall this makes me pretty satisfied, noticeably longer (obviously) than the stock battery pack, and the weight difference feels almost negligible.

I don't have any concrete numbers to compare mine to, but I remember I could hardly get two or so hours while playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the gamepad (with the same settings). I may do some more tests if I get requests, it's just a little hard since I have to marathon through to get the numbers (idling the controller does not give reliable results, i've tried this already).

Edit: Had another marathon. Went for a solid 6 and a half hours (before I realized I need some rest, will resume tomorrow). Playing on the lowest brightness, power saving on, speakers running at full and no rumble. Surprised how long this has gone.

CoolS

Sorry, just got around to marathoning a few games. I got almost 4 hours of straight game time.

Played with the brightest setting, power save off, rumble on. Games I played were Duck Tales, The Wonderful 101 demo, and Earthbound. Overall this makes me pretty satisfied, noticeably longer (obviously) than the stock battery pack, and the weight difference feels almost negligible.

I don't have any concrete numbers to compare mine to, but I remember I could hardly get two or so hours while playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the gamepad (with the same settings). I may do some more tests if I get requests, it's just a little hard since I have to marathon through to get the numbers (idling the controller does not give reliable results, i've tried this already).

Thanks a lot for the update.

I was hoping for at least 5 hours, though I usually play at the middle setting with power save on, so I guess I would get 5-6 hours out of it. I'll probably get this as well, because right know that little red light really pissing me off sometimes.

Top Bottom