• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z videos, collaboration with Mighty No. 9 announced

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Seriously?

YaibaNinjaGaidenZ-31.jpg

Sdoots

I really want this game to at least be enjoyable, because holy shit that announcement trailer got me hyped despite itself. Something about that music.

This is looking like the best kind of stupid.

ArjanN

I really want this game to at least be enjoyable, because holy shit that announcement trailer got me hyped despite itself. Something about that music.

This is looking like the best kind of stupid.

Same here. I know it doesn't look like much and it's not like the other Ninja Gaiden games, but I still think it might be pretty fun.

This is pretty goofy addition that seems like it kinda fits the already goofy tone pretty well.

Ninja Dom

Well...a new Ninja game. A new Ninja Gaiden game.

After enduring Master Ninja mode on Ninja Gaiden 3 and Hard Ninja mode on Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, I am now ready for some Yaiba.

Okay...I'm up for this.

Well...a new Ninja game. A new Ninja Gaiden game.

After enduring Master Ninja mode on Ninja Gaiden 3 and Hard Ninja mode on Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, I am now ready for some Yaiba.

Okay...I'm up for this.
Yo how's Razor's Edge? A big fan of ninja gaiden I know said its fairly challenging/good on harder difficulties.

Pyrrhus

Oh, come on Comcept. I understand that your involvement in this game is the development equivalent of sucking dicks in an alley in order to make it through grad school or something, a necessary evil for a greater good, but why are you tainting Mighty No. 9 by associating it with this?

Ninja Dom

Yo how's Razor's Edge? A big fan of ninja gaiden I know said its fairly challenging/good on harder difficulties.

It's okay - not too bad. Did you play NG3? It improves on NG3 in many areas. Especially the Ninpo system. Slightly better framerate than NG3, and they fixed the stupid vertical writing on the menu screens. Same game ultimately. Ayane and Kasumi are playable characters.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is the most out of left field collaboration I've ever seen.

How little attention is your game getting if you have to resort to announcing a skin from a character in an unreleased Kickstarter game to drum up hype?

GooeyHeat

You know, when I first saw this game, I thought it was just yet another out-of-touch Japanese developer giving people something they didn't want.

But now, I realize that these guys are more in tune with the industry than I would have ever expected. Let's look:
- Shift in atmosphere that nobody wanted? Check.
- Overly "edgy", constantly swearing protagonist? Check.
- Japanese franchise given to western studio? Check.
- Goofy-looking Mega Man Mighty No. 9 cameo? Check.
- Typos in trailers? Check.
- Watermark in logo? I didn't see it, but I don't know that watermark, so I'll buy it. Check.

The conclusion here: Comcept is literally being Capcom.
This is the greatest form of parody I have ever seen in my entire time playing video games.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I honestly have no clue what any of you are talking about. This game looks beyond incredible. Like, every single thing about it looks perfect.

Ohhh that Ninja Gaiden Z mode sounds nice, hopefully it lives up to the classics (I feel old as shit saying that). MN9 is a weird character to pair up with this game, though I'm" sure that I'll find some good laughter out of it.

R0ckman

I recall watching a demo where during a cutscene, a building explodes and then it starts to rain panties on Yaiba's face.

The game obviously isn't taking itself seriously. Which is fine by me, Ninja Gaiden 3 was a bigger joke.

I DON WANNA DIE! I DON WANNA DIE! Lol

Man I want to play that game again. It was so shitty how they handled the enemies, it was tear droppingly hilarious.

Kimosabae

Banned
Game looks interesting at the very least. Lots of stimulating art and ideas on display that people are quick dismiss - and then create a thread on neogaf about the lack of diversity in the industry.

Ultimately what matters is how the game plays, but I like the attempt at creativity. Even if it comes across as contrived in some instances.

Silky

Banned
You know, when I first saw this game, I thought it was just yet another out-of-touch Japanese developer giving people something they didn't want.

But now, I realize that these guys are more in tune with the industry than I would have ever expected. Let's look:
- Shift in atmosphere that nobody wanted? Check.
- Overly "edgy", constantly swearing protagonist? Check.
- Japanese franchise given to western studio? Check.
- Goofy-looking Mega Man Mighty No. 9 cameo? Check.
- Typos in trailers? Check.
- Watermark in logo? I didn't see it, but I don't know that watermark, so I'll buy it. Check.

The conclusion here: Comcept is literally being Capcom.
This is the greatest form of parody I have ever seen in my entire time playing video games.

oh my god

jLwIqMpkGBk00.jpg

You sneaky bastard

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure how its parody considering inafune was a big part of capcoms shift in that direction when he was there...

It's weird to see inafune become the people's champion like this when hr was basically the face of capcoms decline and western pandering when he was there

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Game looks interesting at the very least. Lots of stimulating art and ideas on display that people are quick dismiss - and then create a thread on neogaf about the lack of diversity in the industry.

Ultimately what matters is how the game plays, but I like the attempt at creativity. Even if it comes across as contrived in some instances.
Bad news. The game does not play well.

Top Bottom