• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York Video Game Critics Circle GOTY Awards

Obviously these noobs weren't gud inuuf to get to
Upper Cathedral Ward

I'm just joking, apart from that track and the final boss I don't consider Bloodborne's music to be all that good (it should've won everything else, though). Ori definitely deserved to win Best Music, though I admit I haven't finished the mess that is MGSV.
I heavily disagree since nearly every track was simply amazing. I'm not sure how you can say it wasn't "all that good." But whatever, it has been decided already.

reson8or

Bloodborne music is far and away my pick. It's simply amazing. The fact they it wasn't even listed is rather unfortunate.

PS their categories all having stupid "New York" lends zero credibility to their choices. This is coming from a New Yorker.

aparisi2274

Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake:

Uncharted Collection (Naughty Dog)
Rare Replay (Rare)
Grim Fandango Remastered (LucasArts)
Fallout Collection (Bethesda)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Nintendo)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Nihon Falcom)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (Nintendo)

Winner: Rare Replay (Rare)[

This makes no sense to me...

From what I have gathered, Rare Replay are presented the same way they were on their original systems, so not sure how it constitutes a "Remake," At least with some of the other nominees, the games were given new textures and upscaled a bit for their new system, but they at least had some work done on them... Unless I am missing something here, Rare Replay did not have that...

Rush_Khan

I heavily disagree since nearly every track was simply amazing. I'm not sure how you can say it wasn't "all that good." But whatever, it has been decided already.

When I said not "all that good" I meant in relation to Ori (my fault, I wasn't clear enough). I guess I just prefer the soothing music in Ori and consider it way ahead of any other game I've played. I do love the Hunters Dream background music and every boss battle music, though (apart from
Micolash
, probably because of the many times it needed to be played until I beat him). Bloodborne has great music, enough to be nominated, so I agree with you on that, but not enough to win, imo.

This makes no sense to me...

From what I have gathered, Rare Replay are presented the same way they were on their original systems, so not sure how it constitutes a "Remake," At least with some of the other nominees, the games were given new textures and upscaled a bit for their new system, but they at least had some work done on them... Unless I am missing something here, Rare Replay did not have that...

Probably should've named the category differently as it includes collections, ports, remasters and remakes, but they're obviously recognizing it for the breadth of quality content and the value you receive for the pricepoint.

When I said not "all that good" I meant in relation to Ori (my fault, I wasn't clear enough). I guess I just prefer the soothing music in Ori and consider it way ahead of any other game I've played. I do love the Hunters Dream background music and every boss battle music, though (apart from
Micolash
, probably because of the many times it needed to be played until I beat him). Bloodborne has great music, enough to be nominated, so I agree with you on that, but not enough to win, imo.
Oh, well that's fine then. I'm just peeved that it wasn't nominated; it had an amazing soundtrack. However, that doesn't mean I don't recognize when other games also had an amazing soundtrack.

Top Bottom