• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nex Machina launches June 20, adds local co-op

MrS

Banned
TYBG

Pre-ordered it a couple of months ago as soon as it went live. Can't wait to jump in. Housemarque can do no wrong.

June will be awesome with this, Tekken 7 and WipEout.

These devs can do no wrong, and considering Alienation still isn't on ps+ for US I guess I'll just buy this day 1

Edit: aren't they working on a side scroller as well?

jhmostyn

Neo Member
How to chose between PS4 and Steam?

Trophies are attractive, but my PC and Monitor outspec my PS4 (non pro) and TV..

I guess in the end I'll go on price, but they haven't announced the Steam RRP yet. That or double dip.

Amneisac

I love Housemarque, especially Dead Nation and Alienation, but holy shit, the bullet hell/voxel combo on this makes it a huge mess where I honestly don't know if my old eyes would be able to tell what's happening on screen.

drotahorror

No online co-op is a drag. All their games that have had co-op have been online I believe. It worked great in Resogun, bummed about the omission here.

Fisty

No online co-op is a drag. All their games that have had co-op have been online I believe. It worked great in Resogun, bummed about the omission here.

Ironically, people bitched and moaned for months because Resogun and Alienation only had online co-op

Hard Mode looks nuts. This is just from the first stage:

izknsx.gif
iwsfmg.gif

More videos (from a skilled player) of the closed beta are up on Jimmyqballs' channel.

How to chose between PS4 and Steam?

Trophies are attractive, but my PC and Monitor outspec my PS4 (non pro) and TV..

I guess in the end I'll go on price, but they haven't announced the Steam RRP yet. That or double dip.

Played the PC version at 144FPS and it was absolutely amazing.

Pre-ordering it next month. Guaranteed buy. I already would have pre-ordered, I just don't like putting my eggs into a basket in case I need them.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Holy shit, finally a Housemarque game LAUNCHES with local co-op.

what a time to be alive

Looks really good.

If it had online co-op, I would have bought it day one. It's the type of game my friend and I would love to play through together.

BiggNife

I played the demo at pax (I think it's on GameStop demo kiosks now) and loved it. Definitely check out if you like housemarque's other stuff.

drotahorror

No, there's last game had online coop but no local.. now they do the reverse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm more shocked that a lot of people play local nowadays.

Resogun had online as well. So did Dead Nation. Resogun played great with online co op. Maybe it'll come at a later date.

UpwindPoet24

Neo Member
PSA: If any of you guys are in the the New York City area, Sony Square NYC has playable demo of this...in addition to crash bandicoot, final fantasy 12, and others.

PSA: If any of you guys are in the the New York City area, Sony Square NYC has playable demo of this...in addition to crash bandicoot, final fantasy 12, and others.

I think most retail demo kiosks have been updated with this software lineup. Played Nex Machina, Crash, and Sundered at my local Best Buy last weekend. Sold me on all 3.

Is there online co-op as well?

I couldn't get an answer from them on twitter, but it could be possible to shareplay it with someone, where you essentially stream it to someone on your friend list and hand them a virtual controller to be player 2 with.

I've done that a few times with 1001 Spikes and a friend did it for me with Mortal Kombat XL one time. Some games lock it down or have just have some weird network thing going on, but I'm hoping it works.

Wozman23

Yesterday I claimed and started working on the |OT|.

I've been experimenting around with some filters to give my section headers a voxel look. Here's my first pass, but I'll probably do some more tinkering.

ews3h3b.png

Also debating whether to go with full color to match the vibrant colors of the game or just simple red and monochrome like most of the logos and key art.

Already reached a point I'm happier with.

qw58ODR.png

Top Bottom