• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexon: The Finals is underperforming

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
its kinda funny that not long ago it was reported that finals is popular

I guess that most of these GaaS games wont survive long enough

Last edited:
. I guess fighting your way into the market and not fade away as fast as you entered will be the biggest challenge for any new game. Just good enough won't cut it, and you will have to be unique or exceptional in some aspect.
Making a gaas takes away 95% of the uniqueness from the game. The more generic it is the more people will be able to connect, less initial work for devs on the game, more money to pubs as long as it gets successful in the market and the chances of that is becoming shorter each passing day.

Xtib81

That's what I'm saying, you have to pay in time in order to get to the next season. The grind part where you compulsorily have to complete objectives if you don't want to spend money on next season. That's the vicious circle they want to pull us in. If you, your brother and your friends don't mind the repeated narrow gameplay matches then you'll defend it but in time y'all too will get bored of it and spend money ultimately.

175hrs in and I haven't spent a penny. How about we play games just for the sake of playing and having fun? Why do people need to unlock stuff all the time?

175hrs in and I haven't spent a penny. How about we play games just for the sake of playing and having fun? Why do people need to unlock stuff all the time?

Did someone stopped you? spend 175hrs more into it. There's nothing to boast that you're playing something which is already free of cost. Doesn't change the fact that gaas games are filled with microtransactions. If you like the repetition then have fun by all means.

Alebrije

The cannibalization of GAAS. Only very few GAAS games will survive while most of them are going to be eaten.
Endeed, it's a small chance you can success ,bit if You do just one Game can keep You studio alive for decades.

Developers are like Fallguys, a Lot Will fall and just few Will gain on the GAAS race.

Last edited:

Utamaru1706

Neo Member
Not sure what server your friend is on but I've never seen an obvious cheater on the Oceanic server in all my time playing. But apparently I don't know what I'm talking about so!
Try playing on Asian server, because the cheaters are mostly from Chinese.

And this isn't an exaggeration or anything, since he often streams his game on Discord, in which I saw some ridiculous stuffs happened, like someone getting 5000+ damage or 15+ kills in less than 5 minutes, or when someone scores a headshot from really long distance.

And this isn't an exaggeration or anything, since he often streams his game on Discord, in which I saw some ridiculous stuffs happened, like someone getting 5000+ damage or 15+ kills in less than 5 minutes, or when someone scores a headshot from really long distance.
I have watched videos of obvious cheating players headshotting everyone across the map like a laser but I've never witnessed anything like that in all my time playing. Might be because the Oceanic playerbase is smaller so less ideal for someone to do that I guess.

Utamaru1706

Neo Member
I have watched videos of obvious cheating players headshotting everyone across the map like a laser but I've never witnessed anything like that in all my time playing. Might be because the Oceanic playerbase is smaller so less ideal for someone to do that I guess.
Again, most, if not all of the cheaters are from China, so they obviously play on the server with the lowest ping possible, which is Asia, hence the cheaters are rampant there compared to other servers.

And it's only a matter of time before these cheaters starts infesting to other servers as well, since the Asian server population is already dwindling due to the cheats, while Nexon didn't do anything to prevent or fight them...

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Every single report likes this backs up my opinion that the market can only support a few GaaS games.

And the evidence will only continue to mount.

Top Bottom