• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Duke Nukem game by Interceptor Entertainment to be revealed in 25 days

PaulloDEC

So basically the legal precedings with the Duke IP meant they had to quickly rebrand their (obvious) Duke Nukem game with Bombshell instead, right? I mean, surely that's what this is?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yup. Not sure what to think of this.

I really liked Rise of the Triad, so I'm definitely interested. Hopefully they show some game play during the stream.

Well the game isn't going to be like RotT

bombshell_may_03.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So basically the legal precedings with the Duke IP meant they had to quickly rebrand their (obvious) Duke Nukem game with Bombshell instead, right? I mean, surely that's what this is?

Q: What happened to your previous project: alloutofgum.com?

A: Lawsuits take time, and are often a long, drawn-out process. Meanwhile, we wanted to be productive -- our creative team couldn’t wait around for the issue to be resolved. Ultimately, we saw it as the opportunity to create our own intellectual property, and Bombshell was born. So far, it’s been a blast.

It’s impossible to say what will happen in regards to our previous project. It might return, it might not. We want to make great games without sacrificing our integrity, and Bombshell allows us to do that beautifully.

hoggert

Is this a fucking joke? It's like shaundi sr4 Xmas special DLC the game, the movie in 3d 2015 except without our lord and savior Jane Austen. Dear infoceptor, please put Jane Austen in your game. Thank you.

PaulloDEC

Q: What happened to your previous project: alloutofgum.com?

A: Lawsuits take time, and are often a long, drawn-out process. Meanwhile, we wanted to be productive -- our creative team couldn’t wait around for the issue to be resolved. Ultimately, we saw it as the opportunity to create our own intellectual property, and Bombshell was born. So far, it’s been a blast.

It’s impossible to say what will happen in regards to our previous project. It might return, it might not. We want to make great games without sacrificing our integrity, and Bombshell allows us to do that beautifully.

Yup. I couldn't watch the trailer on the website without it playing the goddamned background music, so I had to close the tab. Reading everything else now.

So this has nothing to do with Duke? I was thinking it could be neat if he was the president and it was in-continuity with DNF...

G-Fex

edit: oh shit I already posted that. I must be tired.

Anyway, well I think she could be a cool character. Isometric action could be done right?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Title it (Next game [possibly Duke]) then. Either way, Bombshell looks more interesting. Hopefully she won't be a walking catchphrase.

Actually checking back the OP, this thread was made when the original game was gonna be Duke Nukem. Not sure why you're up in arms about it though, lol. This thread shouldn't have been bumped in the first place

Hmm, interesting. It looks good! I'm definitely interested. Of course I've always been an Apogee/3DR fan, but the game does look good. It's also kind of cool that they managed to get Bombshell in a game, even if it's not exactly the same one as the Bombshell cut out of DNF late in development (along with, like, half of the game as they focused on what they could salvage as 3DR went under)...

Title it (Next game [possibly Duke]) then. Either way, Bombshell looks more interesting. Hopefully she won't be a walking catchphrase.

As the website makes clear, they where going to do a Duke Nukem game, but then the lawsuit got in the way and so they moved on to this.

PaulloDEC

This'll be on UE3, right?

Dear Modders,

Please put Duke back in the game. Or at least come up with a less hideous design for Bombshell.

Regards, PaulloDEC.

That was the definition of "hastily thrown together". Her face barely had any animation, her mouth didn't move at all I think. Which wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't spent 2 and a half minutes hovering around her, with no actual game to speak of.

Then that outtake. :/

Top Bottom