• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Street Fighter V DLC character leaked: Ed (the hoodie kid from the campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong. Every SF roster should just be Sagat with a different costume.

And for people who are going "lol garbage character", they redesigned Kolin's face when she was released as a character even though she had a much more prominent role than Ed.

Next season they'll bring out the sagat and sakura's of the world.

Let's stop pretending that there aren't some people who are just going to poopoo whatever Capcom announces with SFV.

There's no universe in which Ed, a character where Capcom has complete carte blanche with his moves, style, etc. isn't a new character. Yet here we are.

I expect any side character that was in the story mode such as Ed, Azam (Rashid's Butler), the other Doll's etc. will be playable. It is only a matter of time.

Ferrio

Banned
Any bets on how Ed will play? I'm going to guess he'll be unconventional, just being a combo of Boxer/Dictator would be phoning it in.

Chairhome

Let's stop pretending that there aren't some people who are just going to poopoo whatever Capcom announces with SFV.

There's no universe in which Ed, a character where Capcom has complete carte blanche with his moves, style, etc. isn't a new character. Yet here we are.
Bolded for emphasis.

Village

Would be nice to have a legit rekka character.

ayo.gif

Sega

I remember him from story mode, but seeing him as a playable character gives me a similar vibe that I got with Goh when he was introduced in VF4

3rQwJvF.jpg

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I remember him from story mode, but seeing him as a playable character gives me a similar vibe that I got with Goh when he was introduced in VF4

3rQwJvF.jpg

Always thought this character looked badass when he first showed up in Virtual Fighter. Got that Yamazaki vibe going.

Ed is gonna look very different from his campaign model, fyi. Remember, he is Bison's next incarnation, and if you played through the campaign, you know what happens.

Sega

Always thought this character looked badass when he first showed up in Virtual Fighter. Got that Yamazaki vibe going.

I hated him at first. I thought he was an edgelord, and that they were just trying to be Tekken. I felt like they were giving in to Tekken's popularity at the time. But yeah, looking back now, I can see the Yamazaki vibe and have warmed up to him more.

Looks like he's designed to fill the "cute boy" role - like Eliot in DoA.

DOA5U_Eliot_C6.jpg

I dont really like these characters. I'll just keep hoping for more hot girls or tough guys instead.

Blueblur1

Ed is gonna look very different from his campaign model, fyi. Remember, he is Bison's next incarnation, and if you played through the campaign, you know what happens.

Yeah, I expect him to look like a grown man. I believe it was mentioned somewhere that he's growing at a fast rate which explains his teenager appearance when he looked like a little kid in Balrog's SFIV ending.

I thought they giving us new characters not just characters that showed up on story mod.

You do realize that story mode debuted...in THIS game, right?

Characters who appeared for the first time in story mode are still new in SF5, because STORY MODE ITSELF first appeared in SF5.

None of these characters have ever been playable before in any game before this.

Considering how lazy they've been I'm expecting Azam to be another of the DLC characters.

You do realize that story mode debuted...in THIS game, right?

Characters who appeared for the first time in story mode are still new in SF5, because STORY MODE ITSELF first appeared in SF5.

None of these characters have ever been playable before in any game before this.

Skilletor

Considering how lazy they've been I'm expecting Azam to be another of the DLC characters.

Why would it be lazy for a character that debuted in SF5 to later be playable in SF5?

Azam would be dope because he'd be another gief-type grappler.

Village

Looks like he's designed to fill the "cute boy" role - like Eliot in DoA.

DOA5U_Eliot_C6.jpg

I dont really like these characters. I'll just keep hoping for more hot girls or tough guys instead.
I mean yun and yang also filled the handsome young dudes role.

I like variants in body types. I wish there were more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom