• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
orchid-ki2-animation.gif

If true you can slap an X on me and call me MS Fanboy #1

I have started to develop interest on this upcoming event about the unveiling of this new console. The interest primarily stirs in my loins.
Edit:
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q734/slr9041/t0Cnrlc_zpsd0d8a95d.gif[IMG]
Hahah Ballmer's expression is all kinds of fucked up.

Took off work the second I got the e-mail.

Hopefully we'll get the Sony "Over the next few hours", statement or I may have wasted a vacation day. Excited either way!

Fake. The logo is too close to the bottom. Should be dead center -- easy thing to catch in terms of it being fake.

I like the tagline and thought behind the logo though.

And yet theyve made windows8. You clearly dont use it. Every app screen in there looks like it was made by an amateur.

Izick

No way in hell. That would be...no way.

------------------------

I'm so excited! Even if I'm not going to get the console, it's exciting to see the last player in the game finally debut their plans for the next....what, decade maybe? Can't wait!

Snipes424

Excited about the announcement, but disappointed that it will be hosted by Don Mattrick, I REALLY dislike this guy, he just comes off utterly fake.

farisr

Why 10 AM on a Tursday? At least have it later in the afternoon so I can watch it live and see some home baked GAF meltdowns.

MS is not aiming for the GAF crowd, who will seek out info about it regardless of what time it's being held.

In MS' most dominant market, the news outlets, websites will have tons of info on their frontpage regarding the next xbox console by lunchtime, after school, after work (depending on the timezone) so people can digest all that info in a matter of minutes rather than watch the whole hour long event.

EU, their second most important market will be at home to watch the event.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I take the liberty of posting this again, from the other thread, because I don't see why you would just randomly name a page Darwin. Anyway:

http://5d9a2b6eec9d4d7e0abb-5713631971f16efc805ccf0aa379946d.r69.cf1.rackcdn.com/en-us/darwin/#

Through Ascio Technologies, Inc.. I don't know if it has any meaning. Ascio's been working hard regarding the new gTLDs and Microsoft has registered eleven different gTLDs, including Xbox. But they've partnered with Verisign for that.

I haven't been able to find rackcdn.com or Darwin mentioned anywhere else on xbox.com, but maybe I haven't looked hard enough. Anyway, I figured this could be interesting.

And, as if it isn't obvious, the page's title is Darwin (<title>Darwin</title>). And they're talking about evolution.

The top three buttons all share this link. Maybe the use of the term Darwin is because Microsoft has in one way or another developed the next Xbox with Darwin's theory of evolution (natural selection etc.) in mind.

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
On natural selection:

• individuals in a species show a wide range of variation
  • this variation is because of differences in their genes
  • individuals with characteristics most suited to the environment are more likely to survive and reproduce
  • the genes that allow these individuals to be successful are passed to their offspring.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/21c/life_on_earth/theory_evolutionrev2.shtml

Of course, using the term Darwin could mean diddly squat and just be there as a quirky thing due to the string "Experience the evolution of Xbox". At the same time, it could be significant.

derFeef

They kinda have to show us at least one game running or it would be pointless. I don't need to see many games, that's E3.

Rat Salad

Banned
What is it about console wars that brings out the worst in people.

Same could be said for all hobbies really. But I think what makes this hobby stand out from the others is that every 5 years we get a console refresh and the juices start flowing all over again. Only this time around we had to wait and wait for next gen. So the homerism is worse than ever. I fucking luv it though. Everyone can act like twats,who cares. Were just excited for next gen.

ekim

Rösti;55306420 said:
I take the liberty of posting this again, from the other thread, because I don't see why you would just randomly name a page Darwin. Anyway:

The top three buttons all share this link. Maybe the use of the term Darwin is because Microsoft has in one way or another developed the next Xbox with Darwin's theory of evolution (natural selection etc.) in mind.

On natural selection:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/21c/life_on_earth/theory_evolutionrev2.shtml

Of course, using the term Darwin could mean diddly squat and just be there as a quirky thing due to the string "Experience the evolution of Xbox". At the same time, it could be significant.

Nice catch. :)

test_account

XP-39C²
Only one hour eh? That is interesting. I guess they will save most games for E3, but they have to talk about some games at the reveal as well, it is afterall primarily a gaming console.

I also hope that they give out some spec info, like Sony did. Even if it is vague, i'm interested in knowing which architecture they're using and how much RAM it has.

ekim

Only one hour eh? That is interesting. I guess they will save most games for E3, but they have to talk about some games at the reveal as well, it is afterall primarily a gaming console.

I also hope that they give out some spec info, like Sony did. Even if it is vague, i'm interested in knowing which architecture they're using and how much RAM it has.

Who said its only one hours?

RoKKeR

I'd be fine with the name Infinity.

Microsoft can't deserve to come out lack luster in this reveal, so it'll be interesting to see what they bring to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom