• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone forgets about the water based racer they were rumoured to be working on.

BLOODWAKE SEQUEL, BITCHES!

What you want is Bloodwake, the sequel. What you'll get:

kinect-game-boat-is-a-boat-530px.jpg

pffff I'm bored of reading this.. so listen:

playstation 4 better have way more flops

so that ps4-only guys that write such comments in ms threads will have something to count

while the xbox gang plays teh exclusive games!

its like, flops will be this generation's folding@home

:D

But dat special sauce.

I have a 4 TFLop card that can't run BF3 at 60 FPS locked...I was so disappointed with it. Tflops don't mean crap. More recently a convergence of good art and good tech has impressed me the most. Case in point, Bioshock Infinite!! Great art + solid tech = beautiful game. Infinite blew me away, Crysis 3 did nothing.

Find it hard to believe a 4Tflops can't do bf3 60 fps minimal on ultra.

I can understand Great Art is always a good thing. But i and others find pushing tech just as important setting the standard forward. And art is highly subjective tech on the other hand is objective you need to know what it does to appreciate it.

Because you wanted to bring something that actually mattered to performance in order to make FLOPs look better....

Memory bandwidth = important.
FLOPs = Dick length contest that means nothing in real performance.

FLOPs are like saying that on paper my truck can pull X amount of weight, it means nothing in the real world.

Im pretty sure in the real world those papers are close to real world performance. We are not talking about some high school students that are programming games. We are talking about guys that have done nothing more then code and get the best performance out of a machine in a given time amount.

That is why the rumored specs aren't getting me hyped i just want to see if the games make it worth getting the 720 day one or wait till a new Halo comes out.

Ill stop now and gonna looks for those dev tweets :p

Ignoring is for the weak. Stopping running from the reality that you and the rest of GAf are going to be facing when E3 comes. No amount of ignoring shall save you then.

Find it hard to believe a 4Tflops can't do bf3 60 fps minimal on ultra.

I can understand Great Art is always a good thing. But i and others find pushing tech just as important setting the standard forward. And art is highly subjective tech on the other hand is objective you need to know what it does to appreciate it.

well believe it. I have a 7970 and it can't maintain a 60 FPS, i usually get around 40 - 60 FPS depending on the map...

I said a convergence of good tech and good art. Bioshock Infinite has both. Good tech alone isn't as impressive IMO. For example, I am more shocked by MGS2 HD on Vita than Golden Abyss :p

Crysis 3 just pushes tech and I didn't find it impressive at all...so as long as most of the next gen games have 1080p, 30 FPS and good art direction, they will be fine.

In what moment Gaf became SDF. Did I miss something?

You don't know who is who, Nintendo fans, Sony fans and PC fans could be mocking Xbox in any given thread. Please stop this "SDF" nonsense, pretty sure it's banned on GAF.

I am a Sony fan, I have never owned a Xbox console and I am excited about this reveal...

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I have a feeling the new Xbox is going to be an amazing console.

Not for everyone obviously, but for me as a gamer, and what I want/look for, I think its going to be amazing.

I wish I was as excited as you are, but I just can't manage to get too hyped for this - weaker specs, last 3-4 year output from MS first party, Kinect focus. Doesn't inspire much confidence. Tone could change on the 21st and blow me out of the water, there is that opportunity. And I wouldn't be surprised to see some games end up looking more polished than what Sony showed just because they've had a few more months of dev time.

What makes you think that it's going to have everything you want/look for that the competition won't already have?

I was extremely hyped for the 360 announement in comparison. I recall seeing the leaked PDZ & PGR shots and going nuts over the tech.

Izick

Guys I'm talking about fanboys during E3.

;一_一)

l.jpg

PRUnceD.png

If that's not "I'm going to hate Microsoft no matter what! Sony will kick their ass!" then I don't know what is. Holy shit. No justification can get you out of that. That's not fighting against fanboys, that's being a fanboy.

I'm stupid because I have no idea what that line you all are quoting is even supposed to mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEJOzAVAXc

derFeef

I wish I was as excited as you are, but I just can't manage to get too hyped for this - weaker specs, last 3-4 year output from MS first party, Kinect focus. Doesn't inspire much confidence.

What makes you think that it's going to have everything you want/look for that the competition won't already have?

I was extremely hyped for the 360 announement in comparison. I recall seeing the leaked PDZ & PGR shots and going nuts over the tech.

Specs are not confirmed.
Lot's of good games in the last 4 years.
And that's the whole problem, no single leak yet.

Hindle

Banned
Strange they're underestimating MS again. A company who has very very very deep pockets lol. You'd think the fans would learn thier lesson because Sony have.

I wish I was as excited as you are, but I just can't manage to get too hyped for this - weaker specs, last 3-4 year output from MS first party, Kinect focus. Doesn't inspire much confidence.

How do you know it has weaker specs? The last 3-4 year output could be since they switched to durango. I dotn think they are that stupid to not realize what needs to be done.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You don't know who is who, Nintendo fans, Sony fans and PC fans could be mocking Xbox in any given thread. Please stop this "SDF" nonsense, pretty sure it's banned on GAF.

I am a Sony fan, I have never owned a Xbox console and I am excited about this reveal...

Um

The dude he quoted was talking about E3... Nintendo isn't exactly giving much confidence to their E3 showing right now...

aristotle

Guys I'm talking about fanboys during E3.

;一_一)

l.jpg

I haven't been talking in this thread but I saw the sarcasm. Some people need to lighten up. Or we need a sarcasm emoticon or color or something.

Honestly Sony has impressed me with the PS4 so far. I hope MS will impress me. I don't think we'll get the a large picture of either system until E3 and I believe we won't get all of the details we want until a month or 2 from release sadly. I bet there are things being held back from both sides that would hurt preorders, but I'm pulling that from my ass.

So hyped for the 21st.

It will be during the week of break at my college (Which I won't be working as i'm a student assistant :D) and during the short period of time that fits between the end of spring classes and start of my summer classes.

I'm expecting a lot of sour grapes from the immense number of X-Box doubters on GAF.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Specs are not confirmed.
Lot's of good games in the last 4 years.
And that's the whole problem, no single leak yet.

How do you know it has weaker specs? The last 3-4 year output could be since they switched to durango. I dotn think they are that stupid to not realize what needs to be done.

I don't know the specs - but the sources so far have been extremely accurate and they point to being a decent amount weaker. Which is why I'm not too hyped. Again, it could change on the 21st if Microsoft surprises me.

Regarding games, eh, there's no excuse to have lacking content for a few years due to transitioning to a new generation. That hurt Sony big time with the PS3, and right now PS4 and PS3 are going to have a packed year.

abadguy

Banned
I wish I was as excited as you are, but I just can't manage to get too hyped for this - weaker specs, last 3-4 year output from MS first party, Kinect focus. Doesn't inspire much confidence. Tone could change on the 21st and blow me out of the water, there is that opportunity. And I wouldn't be surprised to see some games end up looking more polished than what Sony showed just because they've had a few more months of dev time.

What make you think they won't? Honest question?

Strange they're underestimating MS again. A company who has very very very deep pockets lol. You'd think the fans would learn thier lesson because Sony have.

Make no mistake, Sony isn't underestimating MS as much as the more rabid parts of their fanbase are.

Assuming it's happening wouldn't that be a 2014 release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom