• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

I am sad too, but this is not going to happen.

The first GT on a new generation is always the best-selling, I thought?

I thought GT6 sold good but not close to GT5..

But I think when GT7 releases they will sell a ton easily... even tho there is PCars..

Unlike with the previous games, PD never published any sales numbers of GT6. They still don't acknowledge its existence on the company's homepage.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/products/index.html
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

It looks like the page hasn't been updated since whenever in 2013.

Foshy

FYI, T500RS will also work in menus in Driveclub, it's just the PS and Share buttons that are missing.

84037fcc6a.png

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/499164698143903746

amar212

Weird that it has a PS4/PS3 switch and only works on PC in PS3 mode.

Additional evidence on USB/HID being in the second-layer API on PS4, while it is in the first layer when in the PS3/PC mode - where it outputs direct USB/HID signal.

I do see it more a matter of access to PS(XMB)/Share functionalities, because it is probable protocol where "authentication" (with the security chip we learned about recently) is happening.

From this info I conclude how that is the main reason why the T500RS can't have full-compatibility with the XMB/Share functionalities, because it does not have a chip.

So, it is probably only "white-listed" by hardware ID, but it can't use advanced PS4 functionalities due to lack of authentication.

1080° vs 900° on the TX, no doubt the difference is somehow related to Xbox support.

Most probably, same as Fanatec couldn't make a single button more for their cross-platform wheels in past-gen due to MS drastic Xinput-devices policies.

gsrjedi

I had been wondering if it would be possible to put the necessary bits in the wheel itself and make a PS4 and Xbox One wheel. I have the Thrustmaster TX, but I'll be interested to see how this works

Fox Mulder

I had been wondering if it would be possible to put the necessary bits in the wheel itself and make a PS4 and Xbox One wheel. I have the Thrustmaster TX, but I'll be interested to see how this works

I've long figured this way would make more sense.

it's easier to spend $300+ on a wheel if it supports more platforms. Plus they wouldn't have to manufacture as much.

Jesus Christ ...

We want to achieve compatibility to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and we are happy to announce that we already signed a contract with one of them. We will announce this product at the end of this year.

$500 if you're "lucky" enough to get an invite (which is going out to people who already have the newest wheel, WTF?) and $600 for whenever they start making it available ... probably summer next year if Fanatec Time is anything to go by.

And that's not even the fucking wheel! You still have to wait a few months before they announce a wheel that is compatible with PS4 and XB1 which if their past pricing is to be believed will be $150+.

So AT LEAST $700+ and you don't even have pedals or a shifter yet.

Fuck console peripherals. I'm completely done with them. And fuck Sony and MS for this decision. Probably won't buy consoles next generation.

EDIT: Not blaming Fanatec at all, this is all on #ForTheGamersSony and #ForTheGamersMS ...

Jesus Christ ...

$500 if you're "lucky" enough to get an invite (which is going out to people who already have the newest wheel, WTF?) and $600 for whenever they start making it available ... probably summer next year if Fanatec Time is anything to go by.

And that's not even the fucking wheel! You still have to wait a few months before they announce a wheel that is compatible with PS4 and XB1 which if their past pricing is to be believed will be $150+.

Fuck console peripherals. I'm completely done with them. And fuck Sony and MS for this decision. Probably won't buy consoles next generation.

EDIT: Not blaming Fanatec at all, this is all on #ForTheGamersSony and #ForTheGamersMS ...

With the new Fanatec, you will need to buy a rim for each console.

Mascot

Was bored this evening so swapped out the black centering strip on my GT2 for a yellow one. Holy fuck my wheel needs dusting!

IMG_20140827_194037.jpg

Unless Sony pulls G27 support out of their ass right before GT7, it looks like I won't be playing and racing games, let alone Gran Turismo on my PS4. That fucking blows. I know Fanatec is high end but I can't buy this or the Thursmasters just to play games on consoles. If that new CS wheel came with a rim and pedals at that price, maybe I could justify jumping in. This is all so fucking ridiculous.

paskowitz

Unless Sony pulls G27 support out of their ass right before GT7, it looks like I won't be playing and racing games, let alone Gran Turismo on my PS4. That fucking blows. I know Fanatec is high end but I can't buy this or the Thursmasters just to play games on consoles. If that new CS wheel came with a rim and pedals at that price, maybe I could justify jumping in. This is all so fucking ridiculous.

I think this the boat for a lot of people. Personally, I had to trade one of my hobbies, paintball, for sim racing. Sold all my gear to pay for the 50% off beta CSW base, rims and CSPv2s. Cost me like $600 (at 50% off...). Fanatec is definitely high end.

(If) Logitech wheels not working with GT7, is IMO, going to have very negative consequences on the GT franchise. Logitech wheels brought sim racing “mainstream” (whatever mainstream is for sim racing). Without a quality, entry level wheel, that market will slip away. Sure there is a large group that just use a controller and play games like GT just for the shiny objects, but I would like to think there is a (smaller, but still) large group that see it as more than that.

To clarify, the problem, here is not that the DFGT and G25/27 do not work with the PS4, the problem is the fact that there is no quality, <$300 FFB for this gen of consoles. No DFGT, no G27 no Fanatec CSR, etc. There is nothing that could pass as Christmas gift for most people.

This bodes poorly for the online console sim racing community. All we can do is hope Kaz has a good relationship with the people at Logitech and can work out a deal.

Jilt

I think this the boat for a lot of people. Personally, I had to trade one of my hobbies, paintball, for sim racing. Sold all my gear to pay for the 50% off beta CSW base, rims and CSPv2s. Cost me like $600 (at 50% off...). Fanatec is definitely high end.

(If) Logitech wheels not working with GT7, is IMO, going to have very negative consequences on the GT franchise. Logitech wheels brought sim racing “mainstream” (whatever mainstream is for sim racing). Without a quality, entry level wheel, that market will slip away. Sure there is a large group that just use a controller and play games like GT just for the shiny objects, but I would like to think there is a (smaller, but still) large group that see it as more than that.

To clarify, the problem, here is not that the DFGT and G25/27 do not work with the PS4, the problem is the fact that there is no quality, <$300 FFB for this gen of consoles. No DFGT, no G27 no Fanatec CSR, etc. There is nothing that could pass as Christmas gift for most people.

This bodes poorly for the online console sim racing community. All we can do is hope Kaz has a good relationship with the people at Logitech and can work out a deal.

You are absolutely right there Paskowitz!!

I love sim-racing! But spending about 800 euro's (PS4 + new Wheel) to be doing sim-racing is a no-go for this family man.
It means I am going to stick a lot longer with the PS3 and GT6 and the PC with Assetto Corsa (which is no punishment)....

As I joked before:
http://youtu.be/OaHTlxDrglg?t=44s

Jesus Christ ...

The PS4 & Xbox wheel rims will actually be separate products so its going to be closer to $1000 for full console support before adding pedals or shifters if you don't already have fanatec gear.

I have Logitech's GT5 wheel, it's in perfect condition.
I'm not buying another FF wheel; esp when it seems to me Sony and Logitech could get together and support it. I'd bet there are many thousands of people who are in the same boat.
To be fair, I'd be willing to pay a small fee for PS4 driver support.

I don't see a purchase of Project Cars or GT7 in my future if this wheel doesn't work.
It's that simple. These sim racers come alive with a wheel, and I don't have a desire to play them without one.

Jimrpg

Jesus Christ ...

Precisely this.

I'm not a big sim racer, but with Driveclub I thought it was time for me to get a wheel. I was pretty disappointed to learn that the Logitech wheels because the DFGT is probably all I can afford.

I'd much rather spend $500 more on my video card (or Occulus Rift) and use a DFGT for PC and play project cars. Plus steam sales.

Driveclub I'll play a bit with my dual shock, I'm sure it will be fun anyway.

whome0

I have been PS3+Logitech DFGT wheel gamer from the beginning. I guess this-gen(*) is driving me back to PC gaming world. I have tested Steam in-home streaming from a basement room to a living room LCD tv. Its working enough I can play gamepad supported games fine in a couch environment. Racing wheels are a different story but probably move DFGT to a basement room PC rig.

(*) I have not bought PS4 or XOne yet and decision is looking more irrelevant than I expected a year ago.

Mascot

I have been PS3+Logitech DFGT wheel gamer from the beginning. I guess this-gen(*) is driving me back to PC gaming world. I have tested Steam in-home streaming from a basement room to a living room LCD tv. Its working enough I can play gamepad supported games fine in a couch environment. Racing wheels are a different story but probably move DFGT to a basement room PC rig.

(*) I have not bought PS4 or XOne yet and decision is looking more irrelevant than I expected a year ago.

This console gen is definitely driving me towards PC gaming after decades of being console-only.

I'm just totally fed up of all the old bullshit, and legacy controller support is just the cherry on the cake.

I need me some new PC-centric bullshit instead.

Abdiel

Wasn't it officially confirmed in the other thread that at least on Sony's end, that the reason they have issues is due to a particular company having dominant licensing that they get to force Sony or the companies that make the wheels pay them millions of dollars for each new console? It really doesn't seem like they are just giving you the finger for the sake of it.

artsi

This. I just bought a G27 this year for GT6 assuming it would work with PS4, but no. I won't buy GT7 if I can't use the wheel.

Karak

Hi all,

I hope I can inquire a bit. I read the OP and some of the pages here but there is so much back and forth so I a question.

I am reviewing a ton of games now and in the future many are going to be racing games obviously and I don't want to thumb stick them if I can but is there a wheel that works on Xbox One, PS4 and PC currently?
If I am reading right there is currently no 1 ring to rule them all?

Jilt

Hi all,

I hope I can inquire a bit. I read the OP and some of the pages here but there is so much back and forth so I a question.

I am reviewing a ton of games now and in the future many are going to be racing games obviously and I don't want to thumb stick them if I can but is there a wheel that works on Xbox One, PS4 and PC currently?

That's kind of the whole discussion going on here, so you are spot on!
At the moment there is NO steering wheel available that serves all.....

paskowitz

Hi all,

This new Fanatec CSW Base V2 is planned but not gaurenteed to work with both. Otherwise your best net would be to purchase a Thrustmaster TX wheel for the XB1 and a Thrustmaster T300 for the PS4. Both are practically the same. TM may send you a review copy if you ask nice enough.

If fanatec is able to pull of this experiment with a different rim for each system, I wonder if thrustmaster would try to do something similar since the TX/T300 are so similar.

paskowitz

I am selling my Fanatec CSW v1 Base (just the base, no wheel rims or pedals). I have the new "not POS shit" motors. The unit itself was a new replacement unit I go in May, so there are low number of hours on it.

$350

Please note the CSW v1 does not work with the PS4/XB1 (PC/PS3 only). You should only really consider this if you only do PC sim racing. PM me if interested.

*Help*

I think my TX is broken.

Calibration routine works on the Xbox and PC but the wheel or buttons don't respond and it's not showing in the driver properties control panel.

No lights and no resistance when turning (usually centre spring works on Xbox One) USB cable seems to be ok as it calibrates when I plug it in.

Any idea if there's known bugs or is it dead? Don't want to contact Thrustmaster before trying everything.

mr stroke

*Help*

I think my TX is broken.

Calibration routine works on the Xbox and PC but the wheel or buttons don't respond and it's not showing in the driver properties control panel.

No lights and no resistance when turning (usually centre spring works on Xbox One) USB cable seems to be ok as it calibrates when I plug it in.

Any idea if there's known bugs or is it dead? Don't want to contact Thrustmaster before trying everything.

It seems as if the Xbone Thrustmaster wheels have a ton of issues?(based off Amazon reviews)

I really want one for Forza Horizon too :\

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
This console gen is definitely driving me towards PC gaming after decades of being console-only.

I'm just totally fed up of all the old bullshit, and legacy controller support is just the cherry on the cake.

I need me some new PC-centric bullshit instead.
I'm PC only for sim racing & PS4 for everything else best way to do it imo

It seems as if the Xbone Thrustmaster wheels have a ton of issues?(based off Amazon reviews)

I really want one for Forza Horizon too :

It's an early model and I'd heard a lot of bad stuff about them dying but mine had been all good up until now.

Spoke to TM support, got a feeling it isn't going to go as smoothly as dealing with Logitech and Fantec as I can't find the pissing invoice.

I registered the wheel same day I recieved it, hopefully that will count for something. Don't wanna pull a swaparoo but if they fuck me around I will consider it.

Jilt

It's an early model and I'd heard a lot of bad stuff about them dying but mine had been all good up until now.

Spoke to TM support, got a feeling it isn't going to go as smoothly as dealing with Logitech and Fantec as I can't find the pissing invoice.

I registered the wheel same day I recieved it, hopefully that will count for something. Don't wanna pull a swaparoo but if they fuck me around I will consider it.

Thanks for sharing, for me another reason not to buy a Thrustmaster steeringwheel.

So sad that Drive Club is coming and I wont be able to use the DFGT, im in the same position as most in this thread, I am not buying a super expensive wheel to play console sims.

GT7 needs a sub $200 quality wheel at release. Im hoping Kaz works with Thurstmaster to get it done by GT 7. But in the meantime, I wont be spending any money on racers for next gen.

What im starting to worry though, is that wheel players are a diminishing niche market that it just not worth persuing anymore, seems like Thurstmaster is the only one that cares.

le-seb

GT7 needs a sub $200 quality wheel at release. Im hoping Kaz works with Thurstmaster to get it done by GT 7. But in the meantime, I wont be spending any money on racers for next gen.
Err, you know the T500-RS wheel is GT's latest official wheel?
I'm sorry to be this guy, but I must tell you this just won't happen.

Picklock

I have already sent a PM, but also wanted to let others know as well. This setup will work with most, if not all, last-gen peripherals compatible with PC.

Fanatec CSR - Forza 5
You will find a link in the video description for more info.

Just trying to help people get their older, expensive, equipment working on current-gen hardware.

cheers

Shaneus

I have already sent a PM, but also wanted to let others know as well. This setup will work with most, if not all, last-gen peripherals compatible with PC.

Fanatec CSR - Forza 5

Just trying to help people get their older, expensive, equipment working on current-gen hardware.

cheers
I couldn't see anything about it working on PS4 (at least, with the limited articles I can access at work, I can't get to the official one) but it looks like it could be a handy device. Wonder if it'd support FFB on PS4 for us to use our Logitechs on it? If it could emulate a Thrusty wheel, I'd be in heaven.

Jilt

Okay, drive club wheel support: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/30/wheels-work-driveclub/?emcid=social_20140930_32568806

For Drive Club the only wheels available right now are the Thrustmaster T80 and T300RS. And the last sentence is a bit harsh....

"We hope to support more hardware from Thrustmaster and other providers, as more wheels hit the shelves for PS4."

And adding to the confusion is now a remark by Phenom_Evolution on the Blog:

Phenom_Evolution 30 September, 2014 @ 3:46 pm 5.2
We love racing with wheels and will add more into DRIVECLUB as and when they become compatible with PS4.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how does it work if you have two controllers plugged in? Eg T500 and DS4 - so you can use the DS4 for the PS button and share button. Does the DS4 sit on another PSN account?

le-seb

Right! Proof of the whole Thrustmaster selling thing?
Is this the reason why they do not discuss support for any other wheels?
Huh?

It's crazy how some people want Thrustmaster to have an exclusivity deal with Sony on the PS4...
Thrustmaster would have talked about it if it was the case!

Yet, there's a deal going on between Sony and Thrustmaster for the latter producing the DC branded T80 wheel, and it probably includes some clause for the former helping TM market its other, more expensive, wheel.

Jilt

Huh?

It's crazy how some people want Thrustmaster to have an exclusivity deal with Sony on the PS4...
Thrustmaster would have talked about it if it was the case!

Yet, there's a deal going on between Sony and Thrustmaster for the latter producing the DC branded T80 wheel, and it probably includes some clause for the former helping TM market its other, more expensive, wheel.

Nope, didn't say that, i shall elaborate!
My theory from the beginning of this discussion was that a big strong propaganda machine is going on to sell Thrustmaster wheels. There probably is a deal between Thrustmaster, Sony Playstation, Slightly Mad Studios and Evolution Studio's to not discuss any other steering wheels. Thrustmaster only. I am not saying there is an exclusivity deal with TM for sony to only support TM!

Most probably after release of either DC or PCars, there is going to be full ingame support for the Logitechs and Fanatecs.

This blog and the communication around it, strengthens my suspicions in that direction.

All i am saying is, do not panic, wait untill DC and Pcars are released before buying a new wheel, or selling your old one.

I so hope I am right!

le-seb

Where there is hope there is life, but you're dreaming, man.

The fact Logitech and Fanatec wheels aren't supported on the PS4 has everything to do with the patent protected Immersion technologies they're sporting.
Until the patents expire by the end of 2015, there's no hope of seeing them supported unless Logitech, Fanatec or Sony are willing to pay for dedicated PS4 licenses. Which none of them seems ready to do.

In the same time, Thrustmaster either have a better deal with Immersion, or they are willing to pay for these licenses. That's why the T100 is compatible.

Megasoum

Banned

Fanatec CSR - Forza 5

cheers

From what I can see in the videos it doesn't look like there's FFB so it's useless.

Where there is hope there is life, but you're dreaming, man.

The fact Logitech and Fanatec wheels aren't supported on the PS4 has everything to do with the patent protected Immersion technologies they're sporting.
Until the patents expire by the end of 2015, there's no hope of seeing them supported unless Logitech, Fanatec or Sony are willing to pay for dedicated PS4 licenses. Which none of them seems ready to do.

In the same time, Thrustmaster either have a better deal with Immersion, or they are willing to pay for these licenses. That's why the T100 is compatible.

There does seem to be merit to the security chip requirement. The ps4 requires ps4 controllers to say "I'm a ps4 controller" every 30 seconds. After 8 minutes of this handshake failing the console disconnects the controller. This has been a problem for 3rd party devices to date.

Top Bottom