• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 6 |OT| Moto takes the L

Trouble

Banned
etESW5L.png

http://www.google.com/nexus/6/

Carrier ordering info: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/11/11/when-and-where-can-i-buy-the-nexus-6/

32GB $649 (white - blue)
64GB $699 (white - blue)

PCEoKCr.png

Display:
  • 5.96” 2560x1440 QHD AMOLED display
  • 493 ppi
  • Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
CPU/Memory/Storage:
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC
  • Quad-core Krait 450 CPU @ 2.7Ghz
  • Adreno 420 GPU
  • 3GB RAM
  • 32 or 64 GB Flash Storage
Battery:
  • 3220 mAh Battery
  • Turbo charging, 6 hours of charge from 15 minutes of charging.
Cameras:
  • 13MP Rear Camera
  • Optical Image Stabilization
  • Dual LED ring flash
  • f/2.0 aperture
  • 4K video capture at 30fps
  • 2MP Front Camera
Misc:
  • Dual front-facing speakers
  • Dimensions: 6.27 x 3.27 x 0.40 inches (159.26 x 82.98 x 10.06 mm)
  • Weight: 6.49 oz (184 g)

BooEP0O.png

The Nexus 6 is the first phone shipping with the next version of Android, Android L (Lollipop). Read about it here: https://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/
Features:
  • Material Design, a unified design language meant to allow a more uniform experience across apps that use it.
  • New runtime called ART to replace previous Dalvik runtime. Compiles at install time instead of JIT (just in time) compilation. Promises great performance improvements.
  • Revamped notification system.
  • "Project Volta", a series of optimizations intended to improve battery life.

WWUcw7V.png

What carriers will offer this phone?
All the major U.S. carriers will offer this phone (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile).

A 6" screen! That's huge!
That's not a question.

Where can I buy this magnificent bastard?
Google Play Store:

or

When and where can I buy the Nexus 6?

Landing Pages:

aevsiCg.png

• AnandTech
    The Nexus 6 holds its own against all the other high end devices that we've seen released this year, although the Galaxy Note 4 with its more phablet oriented software features and hardware advantages might be a better device overall. But those who want a large device and value having software support directly from Google won't be disappointed by the Nexus 6.
  • Ars Techinca
    The Good
    • Lollipop isn't perfect, but it's the best Android update in years.
    • Always-on voice controls that work this well will change the way you use the phone.
    • Ambient Display instantly gives you a status report when you pick the phone up.
    • Solid-as-a-brick build quality.
    • Loud, front-facing stereo speakers.
    The Bad
    • Really slow sequential read times means slow app loading and multitasking.
    • No tap-to-wake functionality like on the Nexus 9 and flagship phones from LG and HTC.
    The Ugly
    • Thanks to the pokey sequential write speeds, the Nexus 5 feels like an overall faster device.
  • The Verge
    GOOD STUFF
    • Stock Android Lollipop
    • Big, beautiful screen
    • Fast performance
    BAD STUFF
    • Camera is only average
    • Some software bugs
    • Unpredictable battery life
  • Droid Life
    The Nexus 6 is the best Nexus phone ever made by a mile. Google and Motorola have teamed up to produce a phone that is premium in build, in specs, and in user experience. Sure, it’s a whale. This phone is massive. But you know what? Because of the quality here and the overall package, you may be able to look beyond its size. In fact, you may just enjoy its size. I have, and I typically can’t stand phones this big.
  • Android Central
    In a vacuum, the Nexus 6 is a pretty compelling device, particularly if you want something big. But the Nexus 6 doesn't live in a vacuum, particularly if you consider that what's supposed to make it special — the Nexus brand and what comes along with it — isn't quite as exclusive as it used to be.

WuHmWlv.png

npa189

Any word on carrier pricing? I have an upgrade, and a perfectly fine nexus 5. I don't know what to do!

Small correction to the OP: the phone will work on Verizon, but it looks like they won't be carrying it in stores or offering contract pricing.

Any word on carrier pricing? I have an upgrade, and a perfectly fine nexus 5. I don't know what to do!

Expect the standard $199 for the 32gb from AT&T.

Tmobile doesn't do contracts of subsidizing but you can get it for $0 down on day 1.

Sprint, no word yet.

th3dude

I don't think it is confirmed anywhere that Verizon won't be selling it.

Lots of folks jumping to conclusions based on Verizon's silence and the lack of Verizon mentions on the Google Play page.

You got a link for that? I'll update the OP if I can confirm that.

The Play store note about stock availability says it will be available in store at T-Mobile, Sprint, at&t and US Cellular. There is no mention of Verizon. However, Droid-life confirmed that the phone works on their network.

It's either coming to Verizon officially much later or not at all.

Argyle

Gaah I saw it and for some reason Chrome signed me out :( I think it was in stock for about 10 seconds for the model I wanted...

Rootbeer

Banned
Sold out again.

I fail to see why this keeps selling out so fast at its ridiculously high price compared to the N5. I dig the phone and would upgrade from my N5 under the right circumstances, but it's hardly that exciting. Not $700 exciting.

th3dude

Had a white 32gb in my cart, but stopped because I really want the 64gb.

Still no order for me.

Just let me preorder.... wtf

Trouble

Banned
The Play store note about stock availability says it will be available in store at T-Mobile, Sprint, at&t and US Cellular. There is no mention of Verizon. However, Droid-life confirmed that the phone works on their network.

It's either coming to Verizon officially much later or not at all.

Well, they still have Verizon listed at the bottom of this page, so I'd guess it's still coming at some point.
https://www.google.com/nexus/6/

What happened to the negative reaction to the price increase of $300 compared to the Nexus 5? I thought that would deter buyers away from Neuxs 6 along with the Display being too big.

NotBacon

Shit, just realized Google still has my old billing address (but the right card). Am I screwed?

Edit: Just changed the billing address in GWallet settings. Hopefully it goes through because it was still pending...

Damn, I saw the OT and thought Google started shipping the phones. Ship it, Google.

What happened to the negative reaction to the price increase of $300? I thought that would deter buyers away from Neuxs 6 along with the Display being too big.

It is a high end phone now, instead of mid level. Still less expensive than other phones it is competing against (iPhone 6+, Note 4, etc).

Argyle

Wow, ordering one is terrible. I thought I would try to get a blue 32gb model into my cart to see how it worked, it took many many tries and a few browser windows...I probably could have ordered it but I have my heart set on a different model, so the wait continues...

Why isn't there any 4" / 4,5" version of the Nexus, besides the old one?
6" Smartphones? Seriously? I don't want a tablet which I can use to call people, I want a phone.

tfur

This is a bit silly.

I saw the white one in stock for about 30 seconds. I was going to order it, but I want the dark one. Why is it so difficult to make a product or let people pre-order? Are they all being sent to the wireless vendors?

Also, the 2-3 weeks before shipping? How can you not give preorders if they are not going to ship soon anyhow?

Trouble

Banned
I think for the time being it's just the leftovers being sold on the play store. I'd be surprised if you can't walk into a T-Mobile store and walk out with a Nexus 6 next week.

Beant

Just got one ~5 min ago. woop woop woop. So excited since it was my only chance to get one since I am on Verizon. 32gb Cloud White.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
No, I mean like now. Every 10 mins or so, it becomes avaliable. XDA and twitter are reporting success

Sky Chief

What the fuck, of course it would come back in stock as soon as I go to lunch! Only 32GBs so far or were both available?

EDIT: What the fuck, back in stock a second ago, added one to cart but kept getting "unexpected errors"

NotBacon

Oh, interesting.

Yeah it's been restocked 14 times now over the last hour.

I have a script on my linux box at my apartment to play a chime and email me whenever the N6 is in stock. I've received nothing in the last 5 days. Today I started the script before I left to school and work..... I've been emailed 14 times now -.-

Edit: 24 times now

Sky Chief

Unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, unexpected error, your cart is empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom