• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Would you rather have Wentz or Dax plus all the picks it took to get Wentz?

Up until last week Wentz has looked as good as Prescott in every category, and slightly better in several (intermediate/deep passing) behind a worse offensive line with worse receivers and a worse run game. He's doing that having had far less time developing at the position than Prescott did in college (Wentz had about half the starts and attempts) and only a single game in preseason, and by all accounts has a higher ceiling than Prescott according to most analysts.

That's not a knock on Prescott who is playing great right now and both he and Wentz may turn out to be franchise QBs. Nothing I was saying do I think of as knock on Prescott because it's all projections at this point, and Prescott could end up being the better QB long term. But if you're asking right now? Wentz looks like he will be the better QB to me in the long term, and since QB is far and away the most important position in football I would gladly give up the picks the Eagles gave up for a QB that is even slightly better than the competition.

Pepiope

Nah. Fuck kick offs too. Games start with the ball on the 50. If you can't get in scoring range. Tough luck. The other team gets the ball.
The Bucs would already be in scoring range. Their kicker is a beast, 2nd round pick.

Edit:
Ed Kracz @kracze
#Cowboys Dak Prescott called #Eagles Fletcher Cox a "freak" because they ran same 40 time when Dak arrived at Miss State

Dak trying to hand out compliments like Cox isn't going to kill him on Sunday

dionysus

Yaldog
It really frustrating being a Saints fan knowing that you would be 4-2 or better if your defense was just below average, instead of in the bottom of the league. I mean all we would need is to be like the 25th in defense and we would be a playoff team.

Going by football outsiders offense and defense rankings, the Saints have the highest gap between the offense and defense of any team of 25 (Offense 4, Defense 29). Baltimore and Atlanta are at 24, and Philly at 23.

It really frustrating being a Saints fan knowing that you would be 4-2 or better if your defense was just below average, instead of in the bottom of the league. I mean all we would need is to be like the 25th in defense and we would be a playoff team.

Going by football outsiders offense and defense rankings, the Saints have the highest gap between the offense and defense of any team of 25 (Offense 4, Defense 29). Baltimore and Atlanta are at 24, and Philly at 23.

Eagles just need to hire more former QBs. Clearly that is the problem with the offense.

Pepiope

Eagles just need to hire more former QBs. Clearly that is the problem with the offense.
Hard to put up the same numbers when you lose McCoy, Maclin, Jackson, Mathis, and Herremanns in such a short span without finding viable replacements. Hopefully Based Howie will have it all sorted out by next season.

Hard to put up the same numbers when you lose McCoy, Maclin, Jackson, Mathis, and Herremanns in such a short span without finding viable replacements. Hopefully Based Howie will have it all sorted out by next season.

Yeah those guys are all doing so well with their new teams.

Pepiope

Yeah those guys are all doing so well with their new teams.
Doesn't really matter how they perform with another team. Every player who succeeds under one system isn't guaranteed to succeed elsewhere. They were successful here, and the players who replaced them weren't nearly as successful. It's what got Chip fired.

Doesn't really matter how they perform with another team. Every player who succeeds under one system isn't guaranteed to succeed elsewhere. They were successful here, and the players who replaced them weren't nearly as successful. It's what got Chip fired.

Pretty sure not attending little Jeffrey's christmas party is what got chip fired. Also none of the guys you mentioned ever won so much as a single playoff game with the Eagles, outside of Djax, and he was just starting out and latched onto the end of the Mcnabb run. Calling any of them successful with the Eagles is laughable.

Happy 23rd Anniversary to the Carolina Panthers

CvtGgbsWAAA0e4F.jpg:large

Hopefully they'll win a ring before Richardson kicks the bucket, the team gets bought out and then sent to fucking Oklahoma City or some shit

Pepiope

Pretty sure not attending little Jeffrey's christmas party is what got chip fired. Also none of the guys you mentioned ever won so much as a single playoff game with the Eagles, outside of Djax, and he was just starting out and latched onto the end of the Mcnabb run. Calling any of them successful with the Eagles is laughable.
Our offense wasn't successful in 2013?

What about 2014? 2015? What changed?

I wanted to give Chip a chance just as much as you, and it's why I didn't question any of the moves he made as he made them, but how many of the risks he took actually paid off?

Our offense wasn't successful in 2013?

What about 2014? 2015? What changed?

I wanted to give Chip a chance just as much as you, and it's why I didn't question any of the moves he made as he made them, but how many of the risks he took actually paid off?

When the OL was good the offense was good. Chip's last year the OL was a disaster and the offense fell off. The only guy that hurt to lose was Maclin, and they made him a huge offer and he turned it down. Tommy Lawlor is on the eagles fancast this week and they asked him about DJax coming back next year as a Fa and he said no chance, and that it wasnt all Chip that wanted to get rid of him. He also said that many people in the front office were upset with how DJax left, he refused to do a final interview with the media when he left.

Good thing you're facing the worst offense and a worn out defense this week.

I'm just hoping we go at least 1-1 the next 2 games because we're going to get killed by the Pats. Short week flying across the country after the Pats bye week.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Looking like CJ is going to be out for a few weeks, if not the rest of the season.

Now it's Booker's time to shine.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/26/jaguars-owner-meets-with-players-and-coaches/

Jaguars owner Shad Khan wants to know what’s going on.

According to the Associated Press, Khad met with players and coaches Monday, asking “why are we not winning and what can we do to fix it?”

Khan has generally been upbeat and low-profile, but his team is now 14-40 under coach Gus Bradley, and Sunday’s embarrassing home loss to the Raiders included two ejections, one player penalized for a racial slur and way too many flags in general.

Anyone hear about the bolded?

Tom Penny

Stafford is has truly reached Elite status this year. Even Cam noticed.

"I look at certain quarterbacks throughout the league and say, 'Dang, I wish I could do that,'" Newton said. "Man, I wish I could win football games and make it look so cool like Tom Brady. Man, I wish I had the throwing accuracy or throwing style like a Matt Stafford or Aaron Rodgers.'

Also How the fuck does a CB mistake Jacoby Brissett for Tom Brady?

Bills CB Nickell Robey-Coleman: "What gives me motivation is playing against Tom Brady, and beating him. And sweeping him. In 20 years, that ain't happened. That's what I'm trying to do. That's what gets me fired up. That's what motivates me right now: the fact that I got an opportunity to beat Tom Brady twice in one season, and lighten up my chances of getting to the playoffs."

Apparently he was talking specifically about trades.
What does Minny have to trade? It would take multiple picks to buy Joe from Cleveland.

2 seconds rounders could probably get Joe from Cleveland. But Minny can't afford to do that after buying Bradford

Stafford is has truly reached Elite status this year. Even Cam noticed.
Somewhere Kas sprung a boner and he doesn't know why..

Now that the Pack have activated my man Geronimo, the offense is going to get back on track and start playing at a truly elite level.

From like 2 days ago
Ian Rapoport
Ian Rapoport – Verified account ‏@RapSheet

#Browns coach Hue Jackson is unequivocal today: “We are not going to trade Joe Thomas.” That does not leave any gray area.

Top Bottom